Ex-Celtic star Commons says he’d go nowhere near Parkhead if he was Hibs player after Hoops’ Dubai trip

BlueMeanie

KRIS COMMONS has insisted he'd go nowhere near Celtic Park tonight if he was a Hibs player.
The Hoops spent last week at their warm weather training camp in Dubai, despite criticism from pundits and politicians alike.

But they were rocked last night when they confirmed one player had tested positive for Covid-19.
Celtic are due to take on Hibs in a Premiership clash this evening as they try and chase down Rangers in the league.
However, ex-Hoops star Commons has insisted he would go nowhere near Parkhead under the circumstances.
And he reckons that, if the game does go ahead as planned, it only ramps up the pressure on his old club.

Writing in the Daily Mail, Commons said: "If I was a Hibs player, I wouldn't want to be going anywhere near Celtic Park tonight.
"Jack Ross and his players would be well within their rights to refuse to play.
"If the game does go ahead, what this has done ultimately is just heap massive pressure on Celtic when the training camp was intended for them to recharge, refresh and press the reset button.
"If they've worked as hard as what we've been told and got their fitness levels up, they should be flying around Parkhead like Usain Bolt tonight.

"They've got no excuses now.
"Neil Lennon has spoken several times this season of how some of the players haven't been match fit.
"Albian Ajeti and Leigh Griffiths have been chief among them.
"Those players simply have to be up to speed now.

"They have to find some fluency and go on a long winning run. If they don't, hell mend them. The fans will absolutely hammer them."
Meanwhile, Celtic No2 John Kennedy reckons Scott Brown could play another year for the club beyond this summer.
The skipper, 35, has spoken with Kennedy and other people about his future at Parkhead.
But Kennedy reckons he could keep going as a player for a little while longer.
“Scott will still be an important character for us, whether it’s in big games or even just around the place.
“Does he have another year in him? I think he might have. It will be Scott’s decision.
“I’ve spoken to Scott myself and I know he’s spoken to people at the club in terms of beyond the season.”

Hibs would be well within their rights to refuse to play - symptoms generally take 4-5 days to show up and test positive for. If one of them has it, and has been in close contact with others, we would expect more positive cases to start showing up over the next few days

He's spot on with that .why would anyone put their family's health at risk .
biggest shock would be if that player was actually on the trip and no one else has caught it.
would'nt make sense but time will tell .
as for lego , new deal please ,he's mince

This line intrigues me:

If they've worked as hard as what we've been told and got their fitness levels up, they should be flying around Parkhead like Usain Bolt tonight.

Is he saying they've been getting some sort of performance enhancing doping over in Dubai?

Is that what the trip was about?

Saw somewhere thumb is now claiming to be fully fit.
If was fit he would be able to play for more than half a game. He's not but fair play to him for putting his lies out there.

To be fair to Commons, this isnt the first time he has gone against his master's party line.
He is absolutely hated by the Celtc support because he dares to criticise.
But then again they think that Andy Walker is an 'Uncle Tom' type character which as we know is a ridiculous accusation, the guy can't hide his hatred for Rangers ffs!

This line intrigues me:

If they've worked as hard as what we've been told and got their fitness levels up, they should be flying around Parkhead like Usain Bolt tonight.

Is he saying they've been getting some sort of performance enhancing doping over in Dubai?

Usain is now a serious party animal. Perhaps thats what he meant?

This line intrigues me:

No...? I think he's saying they've told their punters they've trained hard and it will be visible in their performances.

This line intrigues me:

Impossible, rangers surely bought all the stock of these, its how we have been covid free apparently

To be fair to Commons, this isnt the first time he has gone against his master's party line.
I think he's probably one of the most balanced to have played for them. Mjallby comes across well on TV as well. Neither are ever afraid to praise us when deserved

Petrov also.

Last edited:
Saw somewhere thumb is now claiming to be fully fit.
If was fit he would be able to play for more than half a game. He's not but fair play to him for putting his lies out there.

He was blowing out his arse by halftime against us. Watch him trying to close down tav when he plays the ball through for Alfie leading to the red card. Slower than when McGregor goes to get the ball for our goal kicks

Kris Commons
Andy Walker
Charlie Nicholas
Pat Bonnar

all now classed as soup takers, enemies of Celtic, as they have dared criticise the club!

That lot really are ridiculous.

He was blowing out his arse by halftime against us. Watch him trying to close down tav when he plays the ball through for Alfie leading to the red card. Slower than when McGregor goes to get the ball for our goal kicks
Precisely.
I noticed he scored a goal at Hamilton the other week and he was so done he couldn't even celebrate the goal.

Actually if you listen to alot of ex cellic players including Walker they are all condemning the Dubai debacle. They’ve got no option cause they know it was shameful!

He is 100% correct.

not often you say that about Kris Commons when it comes to Celtic (and football in general)

Commons is generally somewhat fair to be fair to him. Obviously being an ex scum player his allegiances will side that way wether it subconsciously or intentional, but I do get the impression he does try to be as fair as can be.

Absolute open goal for hibs and Jack Ross decides to criticise the government rather than the mentally challengeds!!

Reactions: TNT
Shocker!

I agree with Commons.

Nobody is taking Hibs (or Livi) into consideration with this.

IF that game is played tonight and, say, a Hibs player gets COVID soon after - Football WILL be shut down!

If the game isn't played - then at least they are restricting it to within Celtic.

Although I agree they should have been banned - I felt that the 7 games for Edmondon and Jones was very excessive. How does that equate to what Celtic have done - which, lets be honest, the authorities are trying to cover up.

This is a scandal!

I would like Hibs to force the issue by refusing to play.

Back