Extension to Copland rear

kramer

Official Ticketer
I sit in the front row Copland rear anybody know details of how this going to
take place and will it affect my seat

I'm also front row of Copland rear, I emailed few weeks ago and was told that there would be no disruption or seat move for me. Work to be carried out close season.

The view from the front row of the new section of the Copland Rear will be worse than the view from the current front row of the Copland Rear IMO.

Not massively worse but I don't get the club's position of the new section offering "some of the best views of the Ibrox pitch".

I would of thought these new seats would be a great view
Might be wrong though

Of course and they absolutely deserve first dibs. Just meant that there’ll be a lot of demand for those new seats
Agree.

If I'm right in saying, the cantilever sections will house slightly more seats than the seats being given up in the lower, so there will be some additional seats up for grabs on top of those getting first dibs.

Didn’t realise a new disabled area was going front of Copland
They doing same with the broomy stand ?

I sit back row of Copland Front behind goal, cracking seat and obviously not overjoyed to be moving but if you are going to be further from the front, that too is awful for you.
I'm hoping to be front row next season.

What’s the logic of this?
Of his opinion?
Aye, strange.
Firstly, the club will tell you anything they want, done it for years.
Bizarre, says its only his opinion, then asks why they are saying it.
Might be correct, that's why.

The view from the front row of the new section of the Copland Rear will be worse than the view from the current front row of the Copland Rear IMO.

Not massively worse but I don't get the club's position of the new section offering "some of the best views of the Ibrox pitch".
It won’t be worse, it will still be elevated above the pitch.

What is a cantilever?
An overhanging area - it can be a roof or in this case, an area of seating.

This will go from the start of the Copland Rear and overhang the Copland Front.

For an obvious example have a look at the Bar 72 area of the Sandy Jardine Stand where it overhangs the seats below. We are basically replicating that.

No I just want to understand why the view would be worse with the new section compared to what is there already. I don't understand if there is something I am missing.
Perhaps I am not properly picturing exactly how it will look but surely the new front row of the Copland Rear will then be closer to the pitch than what the existing front row of the Copland Rear is now. To me anyway that is a worse view than what those in the front row already have as it will be lower down. As it stands, in my opinion, the front row of the Copland Rear is a more favourable view than the back row of the Copland Front, in much the same way as the view from the back of the Copland Front is better than what is around the middle of the Copland Front.

I'm not saying it will be a poor seat or anything, just that I think the club worded it like it will be a sought after area due to the view when to me it wont anyway as it is behind the goals. I accept they are obviously having to market it as well though.

Perhaps I am not properly picturing exactly how it will look but surely the new front row of the Copland Rear will then be closer to the pitch than what the existing front row of the Copland Rear is now. To me anyway that is a worse view than what those in the front row already have as it will be lower down. As it stands, in my opinion, the front row of the Copland Rear is a more favourable view than the back row of the Copland Front, in much the same way as the view from the back of the Copland Front is better than what is around the middle of the Copland Front.

I'm not saying it will be a poor seat or anything, just that I think the club worded it like it will be a sought after area due to the view when to me it wont anyway as it is behind the goals. I accept they are obviously having to market it as well though.
Sorry I get what you mean now.

It will be lower and closer to the pitch so that will mean a worse view if height is what your looking for from a seat which maybe those from the rear moving up won't be anyway? I sit 8 rows up in the East Enclosure and I would be closer to the pitch if I could so it wouldn't bother me. I imagine it will at worse be a couple of feet and you did say it wouldn't be a massive difference. Fundmentally the best seat is completely subjective at the best of times.

I do wonder if part of the "best views" it could be argued is that if you are sat in that front row or two of the new section you have no one in front of you and between the pitch so you enjoy an unobstructed view of the pitch

It’s not as simple as adding rows at the front of the Copland Rear.

The first 10-15 rows of the existing Copland Rear are going to be redone so that the terracing they are currently on isn’t as steep. That will allow additional rows to go in at the front and the overhang won’t be detrimental to those at the back of the new Copland Front.

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/disabled-facilities-at-Ibrox-update/40KPnwpicc7vsitthxytuk

Copy and paste the above on to your browser, to see in more detail the changes being made to Broomloan and Copland stands.

I had dream once that I took my seat at Ibrox and it was on the outside of the Main stand, facing the red brick. I've no idea what my seat was attached to but I was right up at the height of the roof.

I could hear a game going on but couldn't see it.

Sounds like a good seat in the Beale era!

I'm one of the peeps getting moved from CF4 AA, the way I'm looking at it I'll potentially have a better view as I'll be sitting 6 foot ( or so ) higher.....
Will find out more on Monday nights engagement session.....

It’s not as simple as adding rows at the front of the Copland Rear.

The first 10-15 rows of the existing Copland Rear are going to be redone so that the terracing they are currently on isn’t as steep. That will allow additional rows to go in at the front and the overhang won’t be detrimental to those at the back of the new Copland Front.
With respect I think your talking rubbish m8.

Look at the Govan which got a cantilever when they created Bar72 seating area. The original Govan Rear seats were not affected at all. The last few rows of the back of the Govan Front now have an overhang which doesn’t affect their view either.

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg

Sandy_Jardine_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg

What is a cantilever?
It'll be same as the front of the Sandy Jardine rear stand. ie, overhanging the back of the front stand slightly. You won't notice much difference unless you're at the very back of the Copland front in that you'll now be under a canopy and won't see the full stadium now.

With respect I think your talking rubbish m8.

Look at the Govan which got a cantilever when they created Bar72 seating area. The original Govan Rear seats were not affected at all. The last few rows of the back of the Govan Front now have an overhang which doesn’t affect their view either.

Thats fine. Time will tell.

Those of us being moved from CF have a engagement night on Monday with the club, tbh the only real difference to me will be having to sit again :))

Back