Extension to Copland rear

Broomloan_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg

Sandy_Jardine_Stand_Disabled_Facilities.jpg

Wouldn’t that be the broomloan?

Thats fine. Time will tell.
You're correct.
The photos posted in post 45 (even though it's the Broomloan the plans for the Copland are the same) show the grey area of CR and if you look closely the rows are less steep (see the angle against the corner). If you're in the first few rows of the CR after the works the seat in front of you will be higher than before. So if you're a short arse your view will be more restricted by the person on front.

I had dream once that I took my seat at Ibrox and it was on the outside of the Main stand, facing the red brick. I've no idea what my seat was attached to but I was right up at the height of the roof.

I could hear a game going on but couldn't see it.
Sounds like the Club Deck bud :D

With respect I think your talking rubbish m8.

Look at the Govan which got a cantilever when they created Bar72 seating area. The original Govan Rear seats were not affected at all. The last few rows of the back of the Govan Front now have an overhang which doesn’t affect their view either.
Bar 72 is only 2 rows is it not?

The Copland is being extended by 5 rows so if they don’t adjust the angle of them there wouldn’t be space for the wheelchair section under it

With respect I think your talking rubbish m8.

Look at the Govan which got a cantilever when they created Bar72 seating area. The original Govan Rear seats were not affected at all. The last few rows of the back of the Govan Front now have an overhang which doesn’t affect their view either.
He's not talking rubbish at all. The Govan has a slightly different design meaning it was more suitable for adding seats without altering the basic structure, not so Copland and Broomloan.
You can see by the pics in the link I posted earlier, and also a pic The Baron posted, that they will indeed have to alter the pitch of quite a few of the bottom rows to achieve clearance of the bottom tier, allowing a decent view of the park.
If they just extended the top tier down by five or six rows then it would obscure any view from the top of the Copland front.

Last edited:
i’d be a bit miffed if i were currently in the front row of the rear and will now have 6 new rows of folk in front.

also think some may be underestimating the impact of the change in gradient - may be tougher to see over the heads in the row in front

i’d be a bit miffed if i were currently in the front row of the rear and will now have 6 new rows of folk in front.

also think some may be underestimating the impact of the change in gradient - may be tougher to see over the heads in the row in front
Why? The view will remain unchanged and better than those in front of them.

Bar 72 is only 2 rows is it not?

The Copland is being extended by 5 rows so if they don’t adjust the angle of them there wouldn’t be space for the wheelchair section under it
3 rows in bar 72.

Didn’t realise a new disabled area was going front of Copland
They doing same with the broomy stand ?
@Joe 90

Yes was originally planned for this coming close season as well but no decision of it happening

Sandy Jardine Stand also getting one too

He's not talking rubbish at all. The Govan has a slightly different design meaning it was more suitable for adding seats without altering the basic structure, not so Copland and Broomloan.
You can see by the pics in the link I posted earlier, and also a pic The Baron posted, that they will indeed have to alter the pitch of quite a few of the bottom rows to achieve clearance of the bottom tier, allowing a decent view of the park.
If they just extended the top tier down by five or six rows then it would obscure any view from the top of the Copland front.
I also don’t think you can change the pitch of a set of stairs halfway up. It has to be an equal proportion or else people may trip. I remember this when I was getting my extension built!

But what do I know, Im an accountant and don’t work in construction!

Last edited:
The view from the front row of the new section of the Copland Rear will be worse than the view from the current front row of the Copland Rear IMO.

Not massively worse but I don't get the club's position of the new section offering "some of the best views of the Ibrox pitch".

Are you front row? What’s the view like if you are?

@Joe 90

Yes was originally planned for this coming close season as well but no decision of it happening

Sandy Jardine Stand also getting one too

Would imagine this will be done over next 3 season. Copland this year, Broomloan next and Sandy Jardine the year after

I also don’t think you can change the pitch of a set of stairs. It has to be an equal proportion or else people may trip. I remember this when I was getting my extension built!

Have a look at the pics, they say otherwise.
There's no way they can extend by 5 or 6 rows down without obscuring any view from the back of the Copland unless they do this. I'm just a daft spark to trade but can appreciate this.

I guess we’ll find out on Monday but I have no faith in this being ready for the start of the new season so where will we end up in the mean time bf1 ?

Would imagine this will be done over next 3 season. Copland this year, Broomloan next and Sandy Jardine the year after
Yeah seems that way now but the club did announced last May it would Copland and Broomloan this close season with Sandy Jardine next year

While the logistics of doing one stand are clearly causing the delay it doesn't help for those that are affected are left unknown what is happening

Last edited:
I'm one of "the displaced" :)
As I said in the previous thread I hope they've taken into account the increased number of punters going through the turnstiles, queueing for bogs, pies etc. (I'm sure they have)

My worry is that the work won't be complete for the start of next season and we, the displaced, get shunted to any spare seat(s) around the ground and then forgotten about when works are complete !!!!
I like a good worry ........

I also don’t think you can change the pitch of a set of stairs halfway up. It has to be an equal proportion or else people may trip. I remember this when I was getting my extension built!

They could leave steps, at the same pitch and change the seating bit, with a (half) step into the row. Still a bit dodgy.

Those of us being moved from CF have a engagement night on Monday with the club, tbh the only real difference to me will be having to sit again :))

Snap mate.

Not sat at Ibrox in years because of my seat in the back row. It is gonna take a bit of getting used to again.

As others have said, we will have more info after our meeting on Monday night and I am sure some of us who are in attendance will update one of the threads on this subject with an update of how it is looking.

How do folk in wheelchairs get to that platform? Is it not stairs up from the ground level concourse? Doesn't seem to be anything on that picture to show where they'd access it from.
The concourse is being renovated to allow room for wheelchair lifts to be installed is my understanding.

How do folk in wheelchairs get to that platform? Is it not stairs up from the ground level concourse? Doesn't seem to be anything on that picture to show where they'd access it from.
The concourse is being renovated to allow room for wheelchair lifts to be installed is my understanding.

This is correct.

Special wheelchair entrances will be made in the Copland Front, and then elevators are being put in to take the wheelchair users up to the new area.

I sit right next to the exit at CF5 and I believe where my seat is just now, is going to be one of the wheelchair elevator areas.

Again, we will know more after Monday nights meeting.

I regularly sit in the row that used to be the front row in SJ rear. The 3 rows in front don’t restrict the view at all. I still have the same extra leg room as before. They are quite a bit lower down than the usual rows. The one thing that does annoy me sitting there is the barrier, hopefully they’ve taken that on board and will have clear plastic or something for the CR.

Yeah seems that way now but the club did announced last May it would Copland and Broomloan this close season with Sandy Jardine next year

While the logistics of doing one stand are clearly causing the delay it doesn't help for those that are affected are left unknown what is happening
Have to say getting all of that work done in the summer break (6 weeks?) is a big commitment

Back