Fabio Silva loan will not be extended next season

Appreciate every thread is supposed to be a pile on nowadays, but I think there’s a decent player in him. You’ve got to ignore the price tag (which we didn’t pay), there’s dozens of players in the EPL of a similar standard that were signed for inflated prices.

£35m transfer to the epl one minute then failing against spl dross the best. Bit of a fall from grace

Appreciate every thread is supposed to be a pile on nowadays, but I think there’s a decent player in him. You’ve got to ignore the price tag (which we didn’t pay), there’s dozens of players in the EPL of a similar standard that were signed for inflated prices.
He’s done nothing for us he has a couple of goals and is a man down most games that’s before I mention his rolling around on the floor against Celtic as if he had been shot while the game was still in play and remember his huffy fit when he got substituted against Ross County

He’s done nothing for us he has a couple of goals and is a man down most games that’s before I mention his rolling around on the floor against Celtic as if he had been shot while the game was still in play and remember his huffy fit when he got substituted against Ross County
The guy thinks alot of himself. He needs to face up to reality that he is not very good.

A fair bit of revisionism going on from some in this thread. He started well, so to blame Clement for signing him is nonsense. If he'd carried on the form from the first 3/4/5 games, we'd be calling the loan a success. Unfortunately his form absolutely fell off a cliff after the initial desire to impress wore off. Seems to be the story of his career.

The positive is that it's happened now, rather than us spunking a whole tonne of money on him first.

A fair bit of revisionism going on from some in this thread. He started well, so to blame Clement for signing him is nonsense. If he'd carried on the form from the first 3/4/5 games, we'd be calling the loan a success. Unfortunately his form absolutely fell off a cliff after the initial desire to impress wore off. Seems to be the story of his career.

The positive is that it's happened now, rather than us spunking a whole tonne of money on him first.
Absolutely. He started off looking like a very good addition, but he's never really built on it and has tailed off dramatically. Benefit of it only being a loan is we can make the call we have and cut ties sharpish.

He has been a disappointment - i know transfer fees in theory have no correlation to a players actual ability - but he was a player signed for a huge sum of money - that alone should have meant he looked light years ahead of plodders in the SPL.

wish him the best of luck - but i am sure we can put what money we were paying in proportion to his wages to far far better use.

This is the reality. He started well, it’s just fizzled out and he’s now looking like a bit of a lost cause. But claiming he’s one of the worst players that’s played for us or that he’s been crap from the get go is hyperbolic bullshit really.

How was Sima doing pre inury again?
Emerson Hyndman
Jon Toral
Dalcio
Aaron Nemane
Declan John
Season Goss
Jamie Murphy
Jason Cummings
Russel Martin
Ovie Ejaria
Umar Sadiq
Lassana Coulibaly
Ryan Kent
Joe Worrall
Jermain Defoe
Steven Davis
Sheyi Ojo
Andy King
Ianis Hagi
Florian Kamberi
Bongani Zungu
James Sands
Amad Diallo
Aaron Ramsey
Malik Tillman
Abdallah Sima
Fabio Silva
Oscar Cortes

Seems like more of a Gerrard type player than a Clement one, still find it weird we signed him on loan. Never a no9 and can't really play wide in the role we wanted him to.

All the chat about him being a wasted loan option are in the most part being said with the luxury of hindsight.

Did 'some' people raise questions at the time?
Yes.

We're most, like myself quite excited to see 35m rated player run free at Ibrox?
Yes.

It didn't work out and he hasn't proved to be the player we hoped he would be (in the position he has been played).

Wish him all the best in his career as seems a decent guy.
His dug gives me the fear though!!!

Amad Diallo cost £37 million. Silva cost £35 million. Diallo was largely utter pish for us, but has since gone on to show he is a good player and I'm sure Silva will go on to do likewise. The point is though that fees like that to EPL clubs are nothing. They are paying for potential. Some will bare fruit, some won't.

The lesson to be learned though is that even if a player has shown enough potential to spend, to us, an absolute fortune, the demands at our club have to be taken in to account and it's not really a place for a player to come from what I suspect is a pretty pampered environment where development is the priority, to a a place where nothing but winning will be accepted.

Whilst I don't think we can ever fully turn our nose up at potential loans from that market, I hope it is a lesson that the club has learned.

This was my very first thought.
If ever there was a reason NOT to announce this with 4 league games, I’d think we’d have it.
If we’re trying to demoralise or demotivate our injury hit team, then this is exactly how we do this.
Is Silva going to try harder or less hard now this has been announced?… ridiculous timing.
Nothing at all against the decision of course just the timing of it
If there ever was a reason to look at the whole screenshot and not just the headline, this is it!

Hilarious that so many people on this thread are ripping into him but when some of us suggested he took a bizarre dive last week we were called Celtic fans for not being nice about him. :))

We sign loans on a pure punt , Silva never worked out, some players aren’t made to play in brigadoon , he’s one of them, look at Lammers now, he’s doing ok … Dessers has scored 20 goals this season, yeah he might not be great, but he’s scored 20 goals for Rangers in his first season…

Mccoist scored 20 goals in his first season ..

We can’t sign any of the top players anymore, everything is a gamble now for us…

Hilarious that so many people on this thread are ripping into him but when some of us suggested he took a bizarre dive last week we were called Celtic fans for not being nice about him. :))
I’m not sure thinking he’s been a poor signing means he also must have dived though. I’m not seeing the correlation there

I was just going to say I’m surprised we announce this with 4 crucial games to go. He’s obviously not going to give 100% now. (Unless there was a date set in the loan agreement).
Hi mate, can you point me to where Rangers announced this please?

Criticising the club is fair when its merited, but having a go at Rangers because a Portuguese Journalist tweeted the news is stretching it.

Started with a fair amount of promise too.
I feel like something happened with him around the Benfica games. He was so pumped in Lisbon, full of energy and a point to prove. The less said about the Ibrox game, the better (for all of the players tbh). Not sure if getting dumped out by a Portugese side affected him more than it should have, genuinely hasn’t been the same since.

Perhaps an indication his mentality isn’ the right fit. Even if he was performing at a really high level it’s unlikely we’d be able to extend anyway so it’s no surprise. My guess is Wolves will be looking to offload him on a permanent move this summer regardless. He’ll probably cut out a decent career for himself at a team/league with far less pressure than here.

Hi mate, can you point me to where Rangers announced this please?

Criticising the club is fair when its merited, but having a go at Rangers because a Portuguese Journalist tweeted the news is stretching it.
You got me, I’ll hand back my season tickets and close my FF account immediately.

Back