Fabio Silva

I know I’m going to sound like Captain Hindsight, but I saw him on TV a few times for Wolves and thought there is no way this guy is an EPL standard player.
Yes, he was young but there are 18 year olds in the EPL playing very regularly who clearly are good enough.
It’s no accident that Silva has been out on loan and nowhere near the Wolves first team.
Spot on Coisty09.

I too watched a lot of him at Wolves and was never impressed. My heart sank when I heard we were bringing him in on loan but was hoping against hope that he might be able to something in Scotland.

Alas he has produced the form that I was afraid he would; god knows what Clement saw in him, which in its self is worrying.

Someone looked at this guy and convinced a chairman to part with 40m euros to sign him.

What’s the deal with him? Is he being played out of position or just not very good?
He just not very good. Wolves desperate to offload him, just hope we're not the mugs to oblige them.

How do you know he wouldn’t score if he’s played in the correct position?

He’s hardly had a chance there.

Can’t be any worse than Dessers.

He’s been utter shite when he’s started there. Worse than Dessers. Offers absolutely %^*& all.

He’s being played out of position, play him where Dessers is and get that diddy out.
This is part of problem he was rotating him with Dessers coming on as a sub and it was working to an extent

Then injuries meant he had to go to the left but we have players back now so should be back to him starting and dessers off bench.

I have seen nothing that suggests he is a player worth investing in. I would be interested in seeing him play through the middle as a striker as perhaps being played out wide doesn't suit him.

100% with you on that. I’d have kept Sakala over this guy, Dessers, Lammers and probably Danilo too.

Sakala was frustrating but his unpredictability, allied to his blistering pace, caused every team problems. His goals return was excellent. I genuinely was sorry to see him go although he did have me cursing him a few times (those two Hampden open goal misses against Celtic being the most obvious times)

I have seen nothing that suggests he is a player worth investing in. I would be interested in seeing him play through the middle as a striker as perhaps being played out wide doesn't suit him.

Hes played through middle for us mate and he’s been absolutely brutal. Hes that bad that the manager would rather start Dessers in the position.

Yes, he's not lived up to our expectations but he is the least of the managers problems.
He will be gone in a months time but we will still be left with absolute dross in all areas and limited resources to sort it out after spunking the league yet again.

How do you know he wouldn’t score if he’s played in the correct position?

He’s hardly had a chance there.

Can’t be any worse than Dessers.
He has never been a goalscorer 4 in 62 games for Wolves.He had 7 in 20 for Anderlecht while on loan but apart from that zilch,if Dessers scores one more goal this season it will be more than Silva has scored in his entire career to date.
Its a mental risk to take,Dessers isnt perfect and misses chances but people focus on the misses rather than the 17 goals he has scored so far.Imo he will score 20+ this season.

I think we can all agree that Silva's loan hasn't worked out for us.

It's possible that he might look good amongst better players, but atm that's not us.

All in all, it's a strange one -- not really a goalscorer by any measure and not setting the world alight at Wolves.
I'm unsure what the reasoning was behind it at all.

As others mention, if we'd put that effort into signing even a "bog-standard" but effective-at-this-level striker, the squad would be in a far better place.

Done absolutely nothing of real note for me.

His little hissy fit when he came off too really annoyed me. Did absolutely nothing, like the rest of them, then throwing his toys out the pram. Fed up with sub standard like this

He probably had a hissy fit because he was hooked whilst that waste of fucking space Dessers was allowed to continue sabotaging every single positive attack we had.

Wolves will be lucky to recoup 5-10% of what they paid for him.

He's not good enough for us, which means he's miles short for the EPL.

Someone looked at this guy and convinced a chairman to part with 40m euros to sign him.

What’s the deal with him? Is he being played out of position or just not very good?
Our manager looked at him and convinced our chairman to cover his wages as well.

Quite honestly would not want us to pay £1m for him.

I’ve no doubt he must have shown something at some point in his career to go for that sort of money, but whatever that is has been very well hidden in his time at Ibrox

Expected much more from him but being played out of position for weeks hasn't helped but like most of our forwards he isn't clinical and he certainly isn't a goalscorer.

Expected much more from him but being played out of position for weeks hasn't helped but like most of our forwards he isn't clinical and he certainly isn't a goalscorer.
He’s even worse when he plays as a striker. Which if it’s his natural position then he won’t make it very far.

Haven't Wolves came out and said he is not in their long term plans? Tells you everything and likely how we ended up with him.

We shouldn't be in the position where short term loans are being relied on to dig out results but that's where we are because of a few injuries and terrible transfer dealings over a number of years.

One worrying aspect of it, looking forward to our summer transfer business, is that Clement went to great lengths to get him here.

100% with you on that. I’d have kept Sakala over this guy, Dessers, Lammers and probably Danilo too.
Sakala's numbers piss all over these 3 donkeys.

it is genuinely mind numbing some of the decisions both the blazers and football staff have taken in regards to buys and sells over the last 5 years.

Spot on Coisty09.

I too watched a lot of him at Wolves and was never impressed. My heart sank when I heard we were bringing him in on loan but was hoping against hope that he might be able to something in Scotland.

Alas he has produced the form that I was afraid he would; god knows what Clement saw in him, which in its self is worrying.
Only option he had we had no money to spend in January for any players but we can spink thousands on a hotel in St Andrews for all the staff for a journey that’s 90 mins up the road in a luxury coach .

Sakala's numbers piss all over these 3 donkeys.

it is genuinely mind numbing some of the decisions both the blazers and football staff have taken in regards to buys and sells over the last 5 years.
We got good money for Sakala. Probably too much to turn down. Problem is we spent it on dross like Dessers and Lammers.

We were all desperate for someone and when we got him we were happy. There’s a reason he’s rinsed Wolves of 35million and telling all and sundry he wants a career at Rangers. Garbage. Next please.

Back