Falkirk Reserves V Rangers Reserves

Congratulations to our lads and their coaches.
A lot of positives happening at Rangers FC this year.

I’ve give my opinion from watching today, feel free to be correct me as I have a small sample size

Wright - very vocal which is terrific for a young goalie, hardly tested, hard to judge

Houston - was ok, got caught out a bit in the first half

Mayo - looks a good footballer, big strong boy, again caught out quite a bit in the first half, good on the ball

Breen - looks your usual Scottish centre half that will attack the ball, done well for both goals

Shiels - looks and runs like lee Wallace, big, fast and strong, has a real chance

Palmer - old fashioned midfielder, wins the ball well and moves it quickly, big fan

Dorrans - not ready for first team action, unlucky when he hit the bar

Kelly - looks a class above on the ball, finds space very well and good passer, has a real chance

Mcpake - quiet first half and better second half, good technique, made the wrong decisions a few times but this will come with age

Mebude - poor game I thought, lot of players telling him what to do defensively, looked like the kid of the group, long way to go before he’s near the first team

Dallas - led the line well, got 2 goals, agree with those earlier in the season that said he wasn’t ready

Didn’t see the game today but would agree with most of that from what I have seen of them. Palmer is a the destroyer will do the dirty work and Kelly will find the pass. Shiels was actually a winger/forward up until about a year and a half ago then we tried him at left back. Dapo has days like that some times he will be the best player on the park then other times he will struggle will go far still young for reserve football but can certainly do it at that level. Rhys Breen had a bad injury and was out for a while so good to see him over it this season. I never expected the reserves to win the league this year or even come close done a very good job to win it.

Back