Fans Of Other Clubs. Why The Silence?

StuGers

One thing that continues to baffle me is the silence of fans from other clubs.
Why do they just roll over and accept Celtic’s treachery? I genuinely don’t understand why they don’t speak up against it?
Or are they actually that gullible that they believe the league fixtures were moved (and not even the Boxing Day ones) “to allow fans to be in the stadium”. Even after the SPFL have come out and said that they are now under fixture pressure because of this move, which made no logical sense, do they still believe that this was a legitimate reason for the rearrangement?

Why do they just roll over and accept Celtic’s treachery? I genuinely don’t understand why they don’t speak up against it?
Or are they actually that gullible that they believe the league fixtures were moved (and not even the Boxing Day ones) “to allow fans to be in the stadium”. Even after the SPFL have come out and said that they are now under fixture pressure because of this move, which made no logical sense, do they still believe that this was a legitimate reason for the rearrangement?

No one is putting up an alternative narrative. The Celtic way is the only way.

From their point of view it was for fan attendance, but we all know who got the ball rolling with a phone calls, a statement from SPFL in collusion and then their own club statement. They were the first of all clubs to bring the subject into the public domain, despite only the week earlier saying the opposite. As soon as that government statement hit they were primed. Cheating bastards.

Had a barney with my best mate the other day. He's a Motherwell-supporting Nat so such 'debates' aren't rare.:confused: He's convinced they will have full houses, or at least substantially higher numbers, by the time we get back from the break. The delusion is quite astonishing. I don't think we will see full houses this side of March.:(

Last edited:
Rangers aren't happy,so the rest of them are

This is honestly it, and Celtic know and use that.

If Rangers had come out at the beginning of the week and stated we should bring the winter break forward, we would be playing on the 29th and 2nd. There's nothing surer. It doesn't matter who it benefits or what the rationale is, if Rangers want something all the diddy clubs and their bitter chairmen will come screeching out to say the opposite.

The next time we don't want something to happen, we should be first out to make a statement saying it's a great idea.

I personally think they all hate us and went along with the “ Rangers are deid “ pish.
We didn’t die ( despite what they think ) and the feeling seems to be that we got away with it, off lightly or whatever else they can come up with.
We were targeted by certain people with the plan being to see us liquidated.
Despite their best efforts we are still here and not only that, we are back where we belong at the top of the pile.
That is killing them also.
They have no class, when you remember them getting games called off for people dying who had left them years ago.
Going on a mystery tour when we were in the Europa final, need I go on??
Their life is committed to whatever we do and always will be.
This is why we are indeed “ the people “.

As others have said, their dislike and hatred for Scotland’s premier club trumps all else.
I’ve discussed it with a Jambo and a Well fan, they’ve been unable to argue any of my points, but it just doesn’t excite them as much as Rangers getting a legitimate penalty.

To be honest I don’t think you are understanding their position. These clubs need fans in the grounds and it suits them to have the break early. If it means they can then have fans in the ground for the reschedule dates it will make all the difference ti them. Personally I doubt they will have fans in for the new dates but at least there is a chance.

Not sure why you think they should be speaking out

Had a barney with my best mate the other day. He's a Motherwell-supporting Nat so such 'debates' aren't rare.:confused: He's convinced they will have full houses, or at least substantially higher numbers, by the time we get back from the break. The delusion is quite astonishing.
Super Saturdays every week. And Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They couldn’t pull off one super Saturday when they collectively planned for it for weeks.

Because they don't care.

At the end of the day, the rest of Scotland hates us, and them. We're seen as a burden to others, despite being the reason these other clubs actually still function.

Remember, they all nearly buried themselves trying to get rid of us.

Self-preservation.

The reason for this is they are scared of being accused of bigotry.

In modern-day Scotland, criticism of Celtic is zimply never permitted, as the only reason behind it can be bigotry.

To be honest I don’t think you are understanding their position. These clubs need fans in the grounds and it suits them to have the break early. If it means they can then have fans in the ground for the reschedule dates it will make all the difference ti them. Personally I doubt they will have fans in for the new dates but at least there is a chance.

It only suits them if there are fans in the stadium when the games start back. Plus they now have a very congested fixture list meaning a lot of games already compressed into a short time period that will make it harder on fans to attend all of them. St Mirren have four home games in thirty one days, none of them involving us or Celtic. Some fans won’t have the money to attend three or four home games in that time frame. And that doesn’t even take into affect weather postponements and cup replays. Personally I hope it backfires on everyone of them.

If the nasty bitch, with the sense of humour bypass, that runs the country wants to destroy Scottish Football she's going the right way about it.

Its utterly moronic. Celtic are in reality what these clowns blindly perceive us to be.

Open your eyes and don't believe the narrative.

We don't tamper with kids, we don't have the media doing our bidding, we don't have the league committee up our arses or placemen everywhere, we don't openly campaign against referees and didn't cause them to strike, we don't manipulate ex fringe players deaths or covid to cancel games, we don't despise the nation we live in or wish it was somewhere else, we don't disrespect our armed forces or celebrate terrorism.

Last edited:
It only suits them if there are fans in the stadium when the games start back. Plus they now have a very congested fixture list meaning a lot of games already compressed into a short time period that will make it harder on fans to attend all of them. St Mirren have four home games in thirty one days, none of them involving us or Celtic. Some fans won’t have the money to attend three or four home games in that time frame. And that doesn’t even take into affect weather postponements and cup replays. Personally I hope it backfires on everyone of them.
The point is if they went ahead with the schedule they would have no fans in, that’s guaranteed. The new dates they may have fans in so why wouldn’t they vote for it? That’s why they voted for it, no other reason

Worth remembering that most other fans don't see things through an old-firm lens, they're only interested in the welfare of their team and in this case, the decision gives them some chance of clawing back lost revenue. I do however take every opportunity to remind them about 'Sporting Integrity', this is just another example of their hypocrisy.

So why were the fans of all these clubs not complaining about the timing of the winter break when it was first mooted?

The point is if they went ahead with the schedule they would have no fans in, that’s guaranteed. The new dates they may have fans in so why wouldn’t they vote for it? That’s why they voted for it, no other reason
Do you - or they - honestly think there will be fans back in stadia from 17 Jan? Dream on. Surely none realistically expect that?

It's always been easier to fall in behind the mentally challengeds line that we're the bad guys. They know the mentally challengeds would unleash hell on them if they dared criticise those at the Knew Camp, and well, obviously it's just pure bigoted to even think of criticising them.
That, plus the diddies are just happy to bumble along without doing anything of note or consequence.

It’s not always about us and them.
Teams will vote in self interest, and for some of them clearly they would rather take the gamble of more fans being allowed in after a brought forward break than accepting 500 just now.
I can accept the decision based on basic democracy, despite not agreeing with it.
To be honest, I’d rather pump them at the chamber of secrets in front of a full house and against a full team, they don’t worry me, especially when we’ll have more time to get boys fit and to work on shape, patterns of play etc.

Other clubs just exist. It's only us or them that are realistically going to win anything, so they can take the easy way out.

The hatred of all things Rangers means that logic and reasoning is pushed to the side. They hear Rangers and their fans arguing one corner so automatically go the other way.

Rest of the league and the hierarchy are Celtic's bitches and will tow the line when required too.

Do you - or they - honestly think there will be fans back in stadia from 17 Jan? Dream on. Surely none realistically expect that?
If you bother to read my posts you’ll see I say I doubt fans will be in for the new dates. It is guaranteed they won’t be in for the old dates, that’s the difference

If I supported another club, any other club, the actual question being asked by the SPFL Board would not be my primary concern.

The possible impact of any given proposal would not be my primary concern either.

My primary concern would be why the scenario(s) being proposed always seem to align with an area of concern for the beasts at that time and why we always seem to know their voting intentions and that it supports what the SPFL are proposing within minutes of it being made public?

It's almost like there is some sort of collusion between the beasts, their puppets and the SPFL before the proposals are made. Surely not? Surely all clubs are involved in the discussions at the same time based on the same information and given the same consideration?

We are the number one team in Scotland and the fans of other teams want to see their team participate against us at their home ground. The chances of it happening are slim but for them its their cup final.

I don’t understand your point, wasn’t it first mooted in august?
The following is what you said post #14; 'These clubs need fans in the grounds and it suits them to have the break early.'

So my question remains. If it suits all these clubs to have the break earlier, why didn't they challenge the dates first mooted, as you say in August?

If you bother to read my posts you’ll see I say I doubt fans will be in for the new dates. It is guaranteed they won’t be in for the old dates, that’s the difference
So, effectively, they've gambled on the need for no further postponements due to weather or Covid on the off-chance that they might get a few fans through the gates in late January. In truth, even the dimmest of them must know that neither of those things are likely. Unlike some, I'm not suggesting anything nefarious - I'm simply suggesting they are thick as mince.

Last edited:
The following is what you said post #14; 'These clubs need fans in the grounds and it suits them to have the break early.'

So my question remains. If it suits all these clubs to have the break earlier, why didn't they challenge the dates first mooted, as you say in August?
You do understand the issue is not having a break, it’s having no fans at a game

So, effectively, they've gambled on the need for no further postponements due to weather or Covid on the off-chance that they might get a few fans through the gates in late January., In truth, even the dimmest of them must know that neither of those things are likely. Unlike some, I'm not suggesting anything nefarious - I'm simply suggesting they are thick as mince
It’s not really a gamble though when they are guaranteed no fans at these 2 fixtures. It’s just common sense.

I get that. It would affect three games. At most for any club, two home games.

The scenario that’s set up now has the potential to be worse. I’ve explained why it has that potential. You do get that there might very well be no fans at more than two homes for all these teams, right ?

Probably because they just like to oppose anything that we are for.

Most of them hate us more than they love their own clubs. They'd sooner see their own clubs vanish if it meant it got one up us.

Nail on the head here it's a pathetic state of affairs.

Back