Fashion Jr - Running In Behind & Energy

Agreed however when it comes to composure then he is lacking somewhat from what we have seen thus far. That lash he had at the ball when through wasn't what was required there.

Early days still...

What a difference having someone willing to run into the space behind and press from the front.

Thought he was infections in that regard and genuinely couldn’t understand why he deserved to be substituted.
I thought he and Wright had done absolutely nothing for about 20 minutes before they were taken off. Don’t think either had any cause for complaint.

Though to be fair, anyone other than Aribo and Kamara couldn’t have complained at being taken off.

He was a breath of fresh air with his energy.
Now for me, our two full backs were the polar opposite, jogging about and looking laboured.
Bassey and Patterson would bring more energy and and pace into the team alongside Sakala.
It's tough to drop the captain, especially when he dug us out at St J last week but the team needs an injection of energy.

I think he is going to be a great player for us. Strange decision bringing on Bacuna for him

Apart from the goal I didn't think he really did much to be honest. Lost the ball plenty times, sclafed his shot

Wright was just as bad

Seems like one of these guys who will beat 3 men and leather one in the top bin, then fall over the ball next time he touches it.

Probably should have had another two goals, overall I thought he was alright.
You're right at the moment he does. He looks like he's trying a bit too much to impress and is snatching. But even if that is what he's got we loved players like the Tin Man for that sort of thing as we never knew what was going to happen when he was on the ball.

Didn’t understand why he took Sakala off or Wright tbh

We literally removed every bit of pace we had up top

add in the decision to start Simpson and you have to say the management decisions today were questionable to say the least

Wright and Sakala have not had a proper run of games so I hope they get that now and show what they can do.
Baccuna aswell could maybe get a run and prove to be a good addition.
I'm looking for something to spark us into life this season!

Pity nobody gave him the ball when he was standing on
his lonesome looking for it a few times.Instead we continued to go down the opposite wing trying to walk the ball into the net.

What a difference having someone willing to run into the space behind and press from the front.

Thought he was infections in that regard and genuinely couldn’t understand why he deserved to be substituted.
Him and Wright at least for first part made us look a lively side instead of ponderous.

Probably should have kept they two on.

He was not great today. Yes I know he scored before anyone feels the need to point that out.

He actually seems like the opposite of Itten in many ways: very direct, always looking to shoot, confident.

But poor link up play, no positional discipline, not great touch. Looks totally erratic.

Almost imposible to see him as a regular starter at this stage.

I thought he was bang on average today. His decision making, final pass and shooting was poor.

He should have played Barišić in but he played it out the park, his movement when we were on the break was poor - never gave an angle and his shooting was rash.

To me he still looks very raw.

As for Wright. Lacked end product. Both were offering very little in the 2nd half and deserved to be hooked. People wanted Wright in for Kent. Well today showed again that Wright isn’t close to being on Kent’s level, even when Kent is not 100%.

I thought he was bang on average today. His decision making, final pass and shooting was poor.

He should have played Barišić in but he played it out the park, his movement when we were on the break was poor - never gave an angle and his shooting was rash.

To me he still looks very raw.

As for Wright. Lacked end product. Both were offering very little in the 2nd half and deserved to be hooked. People wanted Wright in for Kent. Well today showed again that Wright isn’t close to being on Kent’s level, even when Kent is not 100%.
I'd disagree with you on the Barisic point. For me that was a wavelength thing. I thought Sakala played the ball to where a 'rampaging' leftback should have been in that attack as thats where the open space was for the cut back. Barisic pulled out of the run when he shaped to make it. For me thats on Barisic there the result of it looks poor from the stands or TV. He is pretty raw at the moment though.

I'd disagree with you on the Barisic point. For me that was a wavelength thing. I thought Sakala played the ball to where a 'rampaging' leftback should have been in that attack as thats where the open space was for the cut back. Barisic pulled out of the run when he shaped to make it. For me thats on Barisic there the result of it looks poor from the stands or TV. He is pretty raw at the moment though.

I’ve not seen a replay. From where I sit, it looked a poor ball from Sakala. I didn’t think Borna was any where near making that ball.

It’s early days with Sakala but he does look very raw.

He was a breath of fresh air with his energy.
Now for me, our two full backs were the polar opposite, jogging about and looking laboured.
Bassey and Patterson would bring more energy and and pace into the team alongside Sakala.
It's tough to drop the captain, especially when he dug us out at St J last week but the team needs an injection of energy.
I agree but Patterson must be Injured or he would have been on the bench, slightly worried on here to call out Tav who at the moment is average at best apart from his great goal against St Johnstone and Barasic is not firing either, for me if Patterson is fit he would be a breath of fresh air and Bassey as well.

Dreadful decision taking him off, the only player with the remotest amount of energy, along with the fact Roofe did absolutely nothing

Roofe has been poor once again, and I’m amazed he stayed on the park today.

I really thought with a good pre season we would see a better player but I’m not personally seeing it.

Back