Fashion Sakala.

A Headless chicken in the final third.

Can be semi decent at times when he reacts off the cuff but his final ball is embarrassingly bad for an international footballer.

Pretty much sums up every wrong with Rangers at the minute that he's probably getting paid a ton of money for being absolutely mediocre.

Last edited:
Van Vossen’s Rangers career was over when he missed an open goal in a 1-0 win over them where we went on to win the title. He’s now missed more or less 2 identical efforts in front of an open goal the 2nd arguably easier to score than the 1st. Van Vossen was a far better player than Sakala, albeit he played in a far better side. Sakala is not good enough, runs with the ball and has no idea what to do with it so invariably runs into trouble, he’s nowhere near the level of a Rangers player. Signed on a free as a bit of a punt, has not improved and it’s time he moved on in the summer.

The type of player you wouldn't fancy on a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Everything is just lashed at - some hit the target and some hit the car park.

Can't fault his effort but the more he has played the worse he has got which seems to be a recurring theme for our signings.

Van Vossen’s Rangers career was over when he missed an open goal in a 1-0 win over them where we went on to win the title. He’s now missed more or less 2 identical efforts in front of an open goal the 2nd arguably easier to score than the 1st. Van Vossen was a far better player than Sakala, albeit he played in a far better side. Sakala is not good enough, runs with the ball and has no idea what to do with it so invariably runs into trouble, he’s nowhere near the level of a Rangers player. Signed on a free as a bit of a punt, has not improved and it’s time he moved on in the summer.
Very little tops van Vossen’s miss.
Sakala’s dreadful misses don’t come close.

And what are our coaching team doing about it?

Sakala was a Gerrard signing. By his own admittance the player was raw but he had a unique skill set ( or words to that effect) that would be developed at Ibrox. Since he's come here you cannot say he's improved one iota with any the coaching personal at Rangers.

That says one of two things to me (A) we were sold a dud who should have been moved on at the first opportunity, or (B) we don't have the personal capable of extracting what's required from the player.

He's "frustrating" to say the least.

No composure at all. At least he gives his all which is more than can be said for others.

That said, not good enough and needs punted in the summer.

**Edited for spelling**

And what are our coaching team doing about it?

Sakala was a Gerrard signing. By his own admittance the player was raw but he had a unique skill set ( or words to that effect) that would be developed at Ibrox. Since he's come here you cannot say he's improved one iota with any the coaching personal at Rangers.

That says one of two things to me (A) we were sold a dud who should have been moved on at the first opportunity, or (B) we don't have the personal capable of extracting what's required from the player.
Probably a bit of both in your A and B. His decision making is awful, which is why he runs into trouble. He’s not got it up stairs and I’m not sure how much that can be improved by coaching staff. On your second point his original coaching team left for Villa and he got Gio’s coaching team in, which I can’t say I was impressed with, our fitness went way down and is yet to get back. He’s been used due to lack of options, I can’t see him surviving the summer and if he does he’ll not feature much if at all as new players arrive.

He's "frustrating" to say the least.

No composure at all. At least he gives his all which is more than can be said for others.

That said, not good enough and needs punted in the summer.

**Edited for spelling**
All of us on here would give our all. That's only the most basic of requirements.

You then need to be able to actually play football.

I really liked him at 1st but have grown tired of him.

Can always rely on him being offside too.

All of us on here would give our all. That's only the most basic of requirements.

You then need to be able to actually play football.

I really liked him at 1st but have grown tired of him.

Can always rely on him being offside too.

I was the same mate. Used to really like him, however, patience has run pit now after the 2 terrible misses.

He should be through the middle tomorrow, they are likely to play Starfelt and Kobayashi.

Never seen Kobayasho play, Starfelt struggles with pace and movement.
I agree he should play through the middle to exploit the space in behind and use his pace . However when he has had the opportunity as the number 9 he has been poor.
There was a European game where Super Ally was commentating and Ally was saying he needs to come short then turn and go in behind etc.
I agree the other posters that he has attributes but his football brain is still miles off being a top level footballer.
The coaching department has to take some sort of responsibility for this also as if we can all see it why can’t they and why are they working with him to get better.
The goal he scored against Hibs where it got played in behind and he did a 180 turn and put it by the keeper was a great finish. There are moments of class but I’m afraid these are all too sparse.

He isn’t the biggest issue to solve this summer so I would only sell if we had a better replacement available and we can actually sell him. With no Alfie, Colak seemingly being sold and Roofe permanently injured it would be a big ask to replace 4 front players over one window and get them bedded in.

Considering he cost nothing, if a decent bid comes in this summer I'd hope we take it. That still meets the model of turning small profits on these free transfers, and hopefully can get in a more reliable player as a replacement. He hasn't done enough to guarantee a place in the squad next year.

He is so bad,when I see his name on the team sheet,it’s like a punch in the stomach,can any please confirm,were Burnley or anyone else genuinely interested in him or was it just newspapers chatting pish?.I’m no helping myself :( right enough if this was in fact true,coz il spend my time now wondering why we missed our chance to send him onto pastures new.he runs,he smiles,he only usually finishes when he’s offside,he’s not near good enough for us Unfortunately.

It's undeniable that he lacks composure at times. Some of the comments are over the top though. I would keep him as a squad player.

He was a comical novelty at first, with an infectious personality.

He can still produce random moments of quality.

But his awful cameo in the EL final has been followed up by a season of regular buffoonery.

There's a reason why he gets boo'd by his own fans playing for Zambia.

We’ll get better players this summer who can also score and assist.

He is one of the worst players I have ever seen pull on a Rangers jersey. No technical skill whatever.

We simply need better.
If we can do that, great.

Considering we don’t have really have anyone else in our front line who registers numbers like him, I think he’s the least of our worries just now.

He’s very effective domestically. If a decent bid comes in, great. If not, I wouldn’t be chasing him out the door.

I’m more inclined to ask why he’s been here for two years with clear weaknesses without them being addressed by his various coaches.

He certainly has potential and could be a great player for us in my opinion.

Did you miss our last two games at Hampden?
I didn’t.

They aren’t really relevant to my point though, in that whilst we have a front line that don’t really score or create, it would be daft to chase someone who does that domestically.

He was also our best player v Celtic in January.

Back