Favourite Rangers goal you have seen

What's your favourite rangers goal you have seen

Some belters over the years

But going for mccoist against Hibs overhead kick
Terry butchers header at pittodrie may 1987

Champions for first time in my life ( that I can recall ) what a day !!!!

Gough's toe poke to get our 9 men back to 2-2 in my first game v them. That noise was shattering, never heard anything like it.
Lovenkrands last minute goal in the Cup Final....
Mo's first time, volleyed, lob over Bonner...
Hateley's equaliser v Marseille after we had been sooooo bad..
About 20 of McCoist's....:D

Saw loads of 'classic' goals live in the stadium - from Bobby Russell's intricate move and goal in Eindhoven to Ray Wilkins Old Firm thunderbolt to Tam Forsyth's tap-in Cup Final winner.

The one that I will always remember as my favourite was simple enough though - my first visit to Hampden for a Cup Final, my first Old Firm game and a 1-0 win over the Dhims with the goal coming from a guy just 2 years older than me. Step forward big DJ:

Konterman, for being a) from so unlikely a source b) against them and c) an absolute screaming rocket from 30 yards into the postage stamp

What's your favourite rangers goal you have seen

Some belters over the years

But going for mccoist against Hibs overhead kick
Far too many to choose from, but Super Duper Cooper's free kick past Leighton in the League Cup Final takes some beating.

Lovenkrands in the final. I danced around the living room with my oldest son. He was’t really into football but that day we both went for it.

Beating Celtic in the semi final on penalties. Went to the FF poster Disco Deejay’s house , now sadly passed away. He was on brilliant form that day.

Alex McDonalds diving header against Juventus in 1978. Not the best goal but it put us level on aggregate and we went on and beat them 2-0. As I said not the best goal but my favourite as we beat one of the best Juventus teams ever, and it was probably one of our best performance’s in European football.

Albertz free kick against them
Gazza's second at Aberdeen
Lovenkrands in the 92nd min just pips them! Wild celebrations!

Kanchelskis volley v Dunfermline

Was sitting ryt behind it in the half seats in the lower section of Dunfermlines main stand.

Looked like it was goin wide and the ball curled last minute into the goal.

Great technique. One of the best goals I have seen from a Rangers player.

Defoe's 300th v Livingston was something special too.

Vladimir Wiess's quick through ball and Jelavics little double post stunt against the mhanks was sweet as a nut. Remember roaring then shouting "ahhh", then roaring again as it slipped into the net.:p

For anybody in attendance, Mo Johnston in injury time at Ibrox.

Broomloan emptied like someone had pulled the plug.

That goal knocked them back a decade .

Mo, Mo, super Mo got absolutely belted out that evening.

Wonderful.

Honourable mention for McCoist vs Satan's XI at Hampden when Waddell sent David Robertson off. That was special too.

And then the disappearance of 20000 simpletons. Have been going to football matches for 50 odd years and never seen a ground empty so quickly.
An Arsenal fan I knew at the time whilst working in Nigeria mentioned that to me, he said he couldn't believe how quickly their end emptied.

The second goal V Dortmund in the UEFA cup late 90's I think the best team goal I've seen us score. 20 odd passes in the build up IIRC.

In person has to be konterman against the beggars. The fact they cheered him when his name was announced at the start of the game made it even sweeter.

On the TV it has to be Vidmar against Parma in 1999 or the Novo penalty. I know the Parma game was only a qualifier but watching that in my mates house and us all going crazy def sticks with me. Then the Novo penalty I just never thought I would see us get to a European final

Last edited:
In modern times, Morelos stealing the ball off the County keeper in Dingwall.

Many classics already mentioned and I saw a few of them in the flesh, especially the latter years of 9IAR, Advocaat & Big Eck years.

I’m going to go for this one. My first Old Firm sober in a long time, and fcuk me, this one meant the world.

I have a real soft spot for a Robert Prytz header up at Aberdeen in 1982 which gave us a 2-0 lead in a 2-1 win. This at a time when we could barely buy a goal at Pittodrie, never mind a win. Great build up and great header. John Greig lining us up in a 4-5-1 with lone striker DJ heading in the first.

Albertz free kick January 1997it was brilliant (also had £3 on Albertz to score first and the teddy bears to win 3 - 1) when Erik Bo got his 2 late goals it was double celebration

Davie Cooper free kick against St Mirren. I had never see a dead ball hit harder nor have I since. The man was a kind of magic

I’m sure i’ve seen better but Whittaker’s goal at Sporting Lisbon sprung to mind for some reason.

2 headers for me. Hateley in the title decider against the sheep or Super at Elland Road. Can't split them.

Edu last minute against the manky mob, scrappy goal but brilliant
Same mate, by no means the most spectacular goal, but for me it was my first last minute old firm winner I had seen in person and it will live with me for the rest of my days. What a season that was.

Back