Favourite Rangers goal you have seen

Davie Cooper
Kent's goal against them a couple of years ago - the build up was simply outstanding
And of course Roofes goal.
Sadly never got to see any of them in the flesh but my god all three worthy along with others mentioned already

Probably Edu, because it was an obvious winner at the time.

Or the second goal v Killie in the 5-1 game. The third was kind of strange. Utter delight at going in of course, but not really wild celebration because everyone around us was totally gubbed after the first two goals.

The goal where Laudrup picked the ball up on the edge our our penalty box, dribbled past almost the entire motherwell team then laid it off to big dunc to score.

I remember watching it live at the time at the as a kid and had it in my memory it was this spectacular shot from away out on the wing.

Seeing it years later I was a wee bit disappointed that my memory had deceived me and that it was just a big clearance that deflected and caught the wind and the goalie wrong footed :D
It was an amazing night, Hateley was unfairly sent off just before half time, to score a winner like that seemed like justice had been served.

If we're talking seen in the flesh, then it's Aluko's against them. Viewed from the club deck. Was a thing of beauty.

Others... probably loads. Two that spring to mind are Sebo's goal against Chelsea, and the Weiss/Jelavic goal in the final.

Was just about to post and Ugh Ehiogu's came to mind as well.

Mine is John Greig at Ibrox v the jungle jims. They were claiming a penalty in front of The Derry and the ref waved play on. Greig carried on and ran up to their end with Doddie and the ball ended up in their net. Cue a hail of bottles and mayhem at their end and a party at our end. Great goal!

Live, in person?

Bit of a rare shout I’d think but for the euphoria and chance of progression, I’ll go for Lovenkrands vs Inter. That realisation of knockout CL football on the horizon felt pretty big at that point - though we had to wait for confirmation in the end.

Kyrgiakos vs Porto in 2005 is a big one for me too. Atmosphere was excellent that night and we won that out of sheer grit more than anything.

To pick a goal on a game I wasn’t at. I’d go for the De Boer equaliser in 2002 vs them. Iirc they had just scored and that was an absolute suckerpunch. Great goal too. Would’ve loved to have been there for that one.

So aye, three sprung to mind.

Lovenkrands winner in the SC Final 2002 was genuinely one of the best moments of my life. It was bedlam when it went in. A genuine "ok, now things are different" moment.
And then the disappearance of 20000 simpletons. Have been going to football matches for 50 odd years and never seen a ground empty so quickly.

Some great memories posted here but I will stick with my initial choice - Alex Miller at the piggery.

Live: - Big Ugo’s overhead.
Lovenkrands winner in 2002 SCF.
Supers winner against them when Davie Robertson got sent off after 6 mins in a semi at Hampden

On the box: -
The Prince of Denmark’s header to clinch the 9.
Ray Wilkins volley
Big Hateley’s stunner in Leeds
Davie Cooper free kick that Leighton “nearly” got a hand to
Big Bert’s screamer

Lovenkrands last minute winner in the Scottish Cup Final

Pedro Mendes 30 yard screamer at their dump

In terms of the quality of the goal I don’t think I’ve ever seen a replay of Kris Boyd’s goal against Thistle at Firhill. Van Basten-esque volley and I was about 4 or 5 rows from the front to see it rip into the back of the net. Mendes also scored a sublime goal curled into the top corner with the outside of his boot in the same game. Left the ground and there was a weird rumour going round that Gazza had died :confused:
There you go mate, what a goal.

Pedro Mendes at the Chamber of Secrets. 2007? Scenes......

Edit; I have another one. I think it was my first OF game. Parkhead.80 or 81? Alex Miller scored at the Rangers End. Only goal of the game. Was genuinely scared at the carnage in the crowd. Absolutely mental. My dad and uncle were giving it root-ti-toot. You were allowed to in those days.

Last edited:
MoJo at Ibrox as it still plays with their minds to this day for that alone it’s a favourite, I also loved it when Alan McLaren scored against them as he is a mate and him scoring was as close as I could ever get to scoring myself

Albertz SC Semi Final, runs from his own half past a few of their players and smashes the ball home.

Kai Johansen in the 1966 Scottish Cup Final replay. For every Bear who was there it will always be an unforgettable moment.

Always give the same response to this question. Bert Konterman.

Those clowns with their ironic cheer when he came on. Wiped the smile from their skeekit faces.

Of recent times, Morelos last minute winner against Legia Warsaw was superb. Them fannying about with flares, the smoke, the game getting stopped, a superb atmosphere for the last 15 mins or so and then boom - a last minute winner to qualify for Europe.

Could have ran home to Edinburgh after it.

If you mean actually being there, probably Sone Aluko v the Scum in the 3-2 game. In general it’s a very tough one, but the one that popped into my head first was Super Ally at Elland Road.

Pedro Mendes at parkhead and Barry Ferguson’s frees kick in the Scottish cup final 2002

Miller’s header vs St Mirren in the cup final for me!

Whittaker’s goal against Sporting was special too - didn’t see that one in the flesh though :))

Back