Favourite Stand Up Comedians

rfb1872

Rather than going to the theatre or the cinema, I'm quite enjoying going to more stand-up comedy gigs these days. Was wondering who everyone's favourite stand-up comic is?

Personally I think Louis CK takes some beating

Louis CK is good.

Sean Lock

Lee Mack

Jim Davidson

Jim Jefferies

Not seen much of Mack's stand up, watched him on Would I Lie To You a fair bit and am always amazed at how quickly he comes up with gags - could just be editing I suppose - but I thought his sitcom was a load of gash personally

Jim Jefferies was my favourite for years there but he seems to have geared his material to a left wing US audience which seems to be quite the norm these days, which is fairly boring.

Recently been watching Louis CK and Bill Burr, and agree with the guy above that Sean Lock is good. I also like Lee Mack, it may not be a popular choiceon here but some of his patter is very sharp, espcially when someone is trying to have a go at him.

Kevin Hart..before he got reaaally famous
Jim Gaffigan
Jerry Sadowitz
Jim Jeffries
Lee Mack
Peter Kay
Billy Connely
Micky Flanagan

Last edited:
Micky Flanagan
Louis CK
Lee Mack
David Mitchell

Used to love Sean Lock and Bill Bailey but seen them both recently and was disappointed.

Rich Hall and sean lock of the current crop. The late, great Bill hicks for all time

Doug Stanhope.

For a brief period in the mid 2000s, he was a genius.

"You heard about that new nazi? Turns out he used to be a pope!"

Jim Jefferies,Bill Burr,Joey Diaz,Jerry Sadowitz,Jimmy Carr and obviously the King of them all Billy Connolly

Went to see Louis CK last year in Edinburgh. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much, he was brilliant. Would love to see Bill Burr next but not sure when he'll be back here.

Grew up listening to my da's billy Connolly LPs so always a soft spot for him.

Jimmy Carr, Frankie Boyle, Jim jeffries and Anthony Jeselnik

Stewart Lee
Mickey Flanagan
John Robins
Ivo Graham
James Acaster
Josh Widdicombe

Roy Chubby Brown is a favourite of mine, as well as Jimmy Carr, Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning and Peter Kay.

Got to be Billy Connolly for me, although Russel Kane was pretty good and I'm going to see John Bishop next month.....

Got home on Saturday night and watched Denis Leary, No Cure For Cancer
25 years on and still brilliant

Got to be Billy Connolly for me, although Russel Kane was pretty good and I'm going to see John Bishop next month.....
Connolly is the funniest I've ever seen, saw him in Cardiff a few months ago and it was hard to watch what illness has reduced him to. First time I saw him was in the Kings Theatre about 1970s literally out the seat holding your gut stuff.

Lee Evans and Milton Jones. Stewart Francis is really good too, one of his jokes was "i farted in a lift, it was just wrong on so many levels".

Back