Female football fans

Banjobear

I often see a group of Cardiff City fans heading to the station to catch a train to Cardiff. There's around 12 to 15 of them on a regular basis, most of them female. I've also worked with quite a few ladies who attended matches (varying teams) regularly.

Watching matches on TV, most crowds seem to include a fair number of female fans

From the late 80's to the mid 90's I travelled to matches on a supporters bus, I can only remember 2 young lady regulars. I honestly don't think I knew any females who were remotely interested in football never mind attending matches.

I know there are a few Bearettes who are on FF, there's probably more but with gender neutral monikers, my question is what sort of percentage of match attending Rangers fans are female?

I'd also be interested to know for how long Bearettes have been attending matches.

Did your wives start going because of you guys?
No she used to go to the odd match with her Dad but soon started never to miss many when I turned up.
She and my Dayghter go to more games than I do as I'm a stubborn sod and refuse to go to any of the grounds of teams who tried to kill us off

My late Mother used to go throughout the sixties and seventies.
Went to Barcelona with my auld man.

Sadly passed away in July aged 85.
Never missed a game on the telly right up until her death.

Many will remember my thread about "Martyn Foghorn" being her favourite player.
Aye! The dementia had certainly taken hold by then.

No she used to go to the odd match with her Dad but soon started never to miss many when I turned up.
She and my Dayghter go to more games than I do as I'm a stubborn sod and refuse to go to any of the grounds of teams who tried to kill us off

Fair play mate ;)

My late Mother used to go throughout the sixties and seventies.
Went to Barcelona with my auld man.

Sadly passed away in July aged 85.
Never missed a game on the telly right up until her death.

Many will remember my thread about "Martyn Foghorn" being her favourite player.
Aye! The dementia had certainly taken hold by then.

Good on her and may she rest in peace.

My wife is ST holder, she has also been to Leverkusen, Athens, Eindhoven, Copenhagen and a pre season tour to Austria.
Does not know the offside rule, but is there to keep me in check.

My aunt was as big a Rangers fan as you will ever find.

Before she sadly passed away she went to Ibrox for 40 years. Hardly missing a game.

My Mum has had a season ticket for 30 years and my daughter has had one next to me for the last two seasons.

I met my flatmate a couple of years ago when we studied together. She had no interest in football, even though she grew up ten minutes from Hillsborough. Fast forward two years and she has her own ST at Ibrox.

My grand daughter at 2 attended her first game now four fell asleep at the pre season this year but asked me to get her a rangers strip last night
Very Pwroud as SAF would say

I've had a ST since around 1987/8 barring the one boycott season pre-regime change.
Firstly just me and my dad, then after I got married my husband joined us and later my nephew and was going to games for a couple of years before that.

I've been going home and away for 30 years apart from a period in the late 90's/early 00's where I couldn't get to games because of my work. Changed jobs and never looked back! Started going because my brother went to the games and went to many with him and my dad in the 80s and 90s.

My granny has been going regularly since the early 50's. Still got her season ticket in the Copland.

Sits next to my cousin, who is also female, and the seat was my Aunts before her.

I know plenty of female football fans with season tickets.

My Mrs isn't interested and that's just the way I like it. No chance I would want to have to put up with her at the football, that's a mans escape.

The other posts suggests an alternative to your "mans escape"
Been a fan since 92... :cool::cool::cool:
Mon the bears!!

ZlVIIuF.png

I've been going to games since I was about 8 from about 1968 my dad used to lift me over the turnstiles been hooked ever since after my family it's my team still get buzz every time I walk into Ibrox

To the poster talking about "Bearett" if the better half heard you call her that she would chew you up and spit you out. She has been a Supporter of this Club a way back to the fifties, originally going with the old Dennistoun & Riddrie RSC. Very few dismiss her as a meer Female as her wealth of knowledge on Rangers will rival any knowledgeable bloke. As ST holders we still come to games and had the pleasure of Johnny Hubbard at the back of us at the Dundee game and he's a character.

My gran was a regular home and away fan for years, she actually converted my granda who was more interested in Clyde than us, he soon changed when he met her and she took him to our games. Her heroes were Willie Waddell and Jimmy Miller, my mum also went to the games for years as well. I'm a female and had a season ticket for 20 years unfortunately due to work commitments and having kids I only get to a handful of games every season, now my daughter is getting into Rangers and she's playing football as well. There are plenty females that have great football knowledge( such as myself) who go for the football and not to just see the good looking players.

Reactions: TQ3
Im 29 and have had a season ticket since I was 12 years old. Have been to the majority of away games for the last 12ish years too. To answer the OP's question I would say a significant %age of the Rangers support are female. There are some girls that I see following Rangers week in, week out the same as I do.

Firhill for thrills tonight. When I was there last season I was on the telly and in the papers. Not for the first time. I'll defo get my 15 mins of fame following the Bears.

I often see a group of Cardiff City fans heading to the station to catch a train to Cardiff. There's around 12 to 15 of them on a regular basis, most of them female. I've also worked with quite a few ladies who attended matches (varying teams) regularly.

Watching matches on TV, most crowds seem to include a fair number of female fans

From the late 80's to the mid 90's I travelled to matches on a supporters bus, I can only remember 2 young lady regulars. I honestly don't think I knew any females who were remotely interested in football never mind attending matches.

I know there are a few Bearettes who are on FF, there's probably more but with gender neutral monikers, my question is what sort of percentage of match attending Rangers fans are female?

I'd also be interested to know for how long Bearettes have been attending matches.
Both my daughter's have had season tickets before they went to school. Both are mid 20s now.

Football is for men! Women watch soaps! - they are not naturally competitive so why would they care who wins? They are naturally nosey and gossipy so they are more suited to watching what the neighbours are up to than watching football, or for that matter any sport! I suppose there are exceptions but the above rule still stands! Why would a woman care about a mens football team any more than a man would care about a womens football team???

Myself and my sister are season ticket holders and also go to every away game. Few young girls on our supporters bus and a good few females around us at Ibrox too! :)

Im 29 and have had a season ticket since I was 12 years old. Have been to the majority of away games for the last 12ish years too. To answer the OP's question I would say a significant %age of the Rangers support are female. There are some girls that I see following Rangers week in, week out the same as I do.

Firhill for thrills tonight. When I was there last season I was on the telly and in the papers. Not for the first time. I'll defo get my 15 mins of fame following the Bears.

I certainly think the percentage has increased over the years. I know ladies have been in attendance for a long time, but I'm certain that the improved stadium, hygiene and behaviour has made going more attractive to the fairer sex :)

Football is for men! Women watch soaps! - they are not naturally competitive so why would they care who wins? They are naturally nosey and gossipy so they are more suited to watching what the neighbours are up to than watching football, or for that matter any sport! I suppose there are exceptions but the above rule still stands! Why would a woman care about a mens football team any more than a man would care about a womens football team???
Oh and we belong in the kitchen too ...

Back