Fifth coach accused of child sex abuse at Celtic Football Club

Gerry McSherry list should be Police Scotland’s primary focus to investigate

I wonder if the paedos already convicted in court were all on the list?

The fact the SNP Govt have not commented on this organised paedo ring is a disgrace and they should be ashamed of their inaction

Sturgeon and Useless should be ridiculed for their failure to comment on this scandal

Shame on them

I wonder if the investigation into the Haggart murder will be reconsidered. The coincidences in that case (at least those publicly known) stink. Is the convicted perpetrator still alive? I refuse to believe a child in the care of a boys club allegedly in the grip of a paedophile ring was randomly murdered by an unconnected paedophile.

I wonder if the investigation into the Haggart murder will be reconsidered. The coincidences in that case (at least those publicly known) stink. Is the convicted perpetrator still alive? I refuse to believe a child in the care of a boys club allegedly in the grip of a paedophile ring was randomly murdered by an unconnected paedophile.
We have information gathered and handed to the correct people. I will categorically state that we will not give up on Lawrence Haggart.

Can the scum receive any sanctions or punishment for operating a paedophile ring and the cover up that went with it?

Yes, Beattie is still alive and maintains his innocence almost 25 years later.
Totally agree - too many coincidences to be ignored...
  • Lawrence Haggart was coached by McCafferty (convicted paedophile) at Celtic Boys Club.
  • McCafferty was a regular visitor to the Haggart home and occasionally took Lawrence to football matches.
  • Around the time of the murder, McCafferty was subject of an investigation into allegations of indecency and growing rumours about his abuse of Celtic Boys Club players.
  • McCafferty phoned Lawrence’s house on the day of the murder.
I know what I think happened. I also think there should be further scrutiny of the number '110' which Lawrence had written on the palms of his hands and carved into his shoulder (likely done with a key).

Why is it that the number quoted are always 5-6 etc. By my reckoning we are already at 8 known. Did Strachan and the Edinburgh club not have official ties? And even if they didn't were they an offshoot of the official boy's club?

I think they have ties alright, but more deadly is the links with Martin Henry and his associates and the nonce ring in Edinburgh they were all connected with,this should be brought to light.

I doubled Cullen by mistake on the count,yes at the minute they have a 7’s team but I think by the time it’s all done and dusted and exposed they will have a starting 11 and a couple subs.

When you look at the numbers of committed crimes and times it by the survivors abused by them.

WOW

Wait till some other horrible and disgusting facts come to light as if things are not bad enough,this is only the surface bring scratched.

The thought that this is only scratching the surface horrifies and angers me. Where is the condemnation? Forgetting what team we all support or our profession, we have a duty to protect all the kids in society. I just can’t comprehend the actions of those who have helped cover this up, and I have nothing but contempt for those in the media who know what went on and chose to stay silent.
I admire the courage and bravery of the victims who are fighting for justice and truth. They are not only fighting the demons of the past but are fighting a societal malaise that ignores crimes of such magnitude.

they should be getting at least the same sanctions as penn state , Stripped of all thier trophies and a heavy fine plus compensation for every victim
Hopefully if we get the independent inquiry then it will prove the crimes that have been committed and the subsequent coverups. Then surely UEFA would be left with no choice but to heavily sanction them at the very least.

The fact the SNP Govt have not commented on this organised paedo ring is a disgrace and they should be ashamed of their inaction

Sturgeon and Useless should be ridiculed for their failure to comment on this scandal

Shame on them

Shame on them
Sturgeon and Useless were quick enough off the mark to try and speak to the boy that McKay was writing to. And technically that was legal. Makes it worse that not one of this corrupt government can even speak or respond to the family involved

FFS. Did they only employ people that were sexually attracted to young boys ? This is sinister.
Partly correct, once they had a few working on the inside they only ever employed one of their own be interesting if anybody could find a coach with the boys who isn't a bheast that worked their at the same time

It seems that every time one of their number if collared, more names arise from the investigation. Its taking time but maybe its the only way for the police to catch them all. A few years ago I certainly wouldnt have put money on the uncovering of so many paedos connected to them, even less on the successful convictions. I suppose as they get older the threat of serious time inside puts the fear of death into them, hence the preparedness to shop their former pals. There will come a point surely though where the police will say, "thats all folks!" At that point a Public Inquiry is right and proper. Anything before them is premature and risked some escaping justice.

Shame on them

It is disturbing that the Scottish media will not go near someone who has proof of countless paedos at CBC.

Scotland's Romanists are among the last on the globe clinging to the Medieval aspects of their vile Church.
But they are getting their just desserts slowly but surely. We are now seeing extraditions from Australia and Canada and subsequent prosecutions that wouldnt have been dreamt off 10 years ago. But it is happening and better late then never. I'm rarely one to praise Plod but I think they are doing a pretty decent job here. There will be a few squeaky bums out there for sure. Two major investigations running concurrent ...the Fort Augustus priests and the Celtic Football Club. The common denominator is obvious but I doubt these two specific institutions will ever be linked by their acts, other than the fact priests shag boys, some of whom turn to shagging other boys. Arguably, all other than the priests are victims of one sort or another. Come to think of it even some priests could be victims as they themselves might well have been shagged as boys.
The answer lies with the Vatican. Allowing priests to marry should stop the abuse but it will take a couple of generations to break the chain.

Sturgeon and Useless were quick enough off the mark to try and speak to the boy that McKay was writing to. And technically that was legal. Makes it worse that not one of this corrupt government can even speak or respond to the family involved
The behaviour of the Scottish Govt. in all of this has been a disgrace, if it was not for some of the members on here they would still be trying to ignore it, and the families of the victims.

All this for a few RC votes, they should hang their heads in shame.

ExcellentShortIberianlynx-small.gif

We have information gathered and handed to the correct people. I will categorically state that we will not give up on Lawrence Haggart.

I am pleased to hear that, the reopening of that investigation would surely signal nationwide if not worldwide attention and therefore full exposure of everything that went on over the years and those who were complicit

The behaviour of the Scottish Govt. in all of this has been a disgrace, if it was not for some of the members on here they would still be trying to ignore it, and the families of the victims.

All this for a few RC votes, they should hang their heads in shame.

Said this on another thread and suggested that it will never get brought up by these bastards in Holyrood in the SNP as they are whooring themselves for the Papist vote.

Got absolutely destroyed for suggesting so.

The link to the Sun above has an interesting statement:

He added: “I first heard about allegations like this involving Torbett when a meeting was called in 1973 at the boys’ club. They explained to us what had been done, it would be 1972 or 1973.

yet no-one called the Police. Three numbers - 999

More than 30 years that club and it’s supporters have been covering up this disgraceful paedophole ring, and that is what it was.

Justice for those poor young boys really is long, long overdue, and I don’t mean some octogenarian sentenced to two years in jail (our after one)
The boys club was started in 1966 by Torbett so you have to assume the abuse started then and given that Torbett was thrown out in 1974 for child abuse the cover up has been going on ever since.
Abuse since 1966 , cover up since 1974.

Shame on them
Can you imagine the UK government not investigating a case like this because of religious aspects, no me neither.

But they are getting their just desserts slowly but surely. We are now seeing extraditions from Australia and Canada and subsequent prosecutions that wouldnt have been dreamt off 10 years ago. But it is happening and better late then never. I'm rarely one to praise Plod but I think they are doing a pretty decent job here. There will be a few squeaky bums out there for sure. Two major investigations running concurrent ...the Fort Augustus priests and the Celtic Football Club. The common denominator is obvious but I doubt these two specific institutions will ever be linked by their acts, other than the fact priests shag boys, some of whom turn to shagging other boys. Arguably, all other than the priests are victims of one sort or another. Come to think of it even some priests could be victims as they themselves might well have been shagged as boys.
The answer lies with the Vatican. Allowing priests to marry should stop the abuse but it will take a couple of generations to break the chain.

Disgusting that the Scottish government gave religious and sports organisations a free pass re the Child Abuse Enquiry.

Terrified they lose their papist vote.

WATP

Back