Filip Helander signs 4 year deal now Confirmed

Can we try steer this back to positivity again?

Those that have watched him reckon it’s a very good deal, good comments by Rino today

Huge outlay and arguably most exciting signing since early00’s in that terms

Left sided, ticks all our boxes, adds massive depth to the team

I get the worry over the price but that’s why we have Mark Allen, I trust them to do what’s right

I’m fully on board for this and being positive, who’s with me?

Choo choo!

I’m oan the train!

Those that have watched him reckon it’s a very good deal, good comments by Rino today

I get the worry over the price but that’s why we have Mark Allen, I trust them to do what’s right

I’m fucking with you.

I do wonder if Goldson is the player who might drop out. I still remember the schoolboy comments from the manager. Goodson is a good player but i wonder if that incident has changed the managers opinion somewhat.

Personally i think our strongest CB pairing will be Helander and Goldson. Katic is getting better and better and will step in when we need him. Edmunson too.

For the first time in years we will be rock solid defensively.

In all fairness, someone saying Goldson is a bombscare isn’t reportable is it?

Cant ban people for having an opinion, even if it is fukin mental?! :D
Should be given the Cersei Lannister shame treatment down Copland Road for negative comments this pre-season. They are about to challenge for 9IAR and we have bears calling our best centre half a bombscare.

Infuriating man! Lets back the team.

Personally i think our strongest CB pairing will be Helander and Goldson. Katic is getting better and better and will step in when we need him. Edmunson too.

And all our own players with long term contracts .... something to build on !!!

35h7eu.jpg

Are you saying we are signing Hulk from Brazil now?

Goldson is the best CH in our league. Katic is not far behind him. Do not get the criticism Goldson gets. Imagine if he was Scottish, he would be our go to CH. He's a very good player and like most CH's his faults get highlighted more than his strengths.

I'm not convinced with the Swede at all. Seems like the Bologna fans arent too unhappy to see him leave. Contrast that with the Slavia Pargue fans who were gutted to see that Simon guy leave. I know it's only social media but the whole 'nervy' thing really worries me. Really need to trust MA and SG on this one.

Honest to %^*&.

I'm with you mate. To much stupidity on here.

Having watched Goldson and Katic I honestly can't believe you rate Goldson as a better centre back but of course that's your opinion and your welcome to it, none the less the mind boggles

Brilliant signing for us and just what we need a left footed centre back, we have also added Aribo another left footer which makes our balance so much better. We should be celebrating these signings and I hope we keep Alfredo because 30 goals per season strikers are very hard to come by. Hopefully the big Swede signs today on the 12th. People on here should be banned for there clueless comments, they should realise how embarassing they are making themselves look. The constant slating of our own players is also embarassing.

Last edited:
Just spent 25 min watching Bologna highlights from earlier this season on YouTube. Just random games I found with our new Thor playing rather than specific highlights of him.

Lots and lots to like IMO. Big guy, physical, great in the air, not the quickest but the level of player he is up against in Serie A is a tad better than Eamon Brophy's etc of the SPFL. Likes a good interception and can play a decent long ball out of defense. Didnt see nervy at all, looked comfortable on the ball on the occassions he had it. Man marking was good, just gets in the way and stops the forward being able to play but without fouling them. Look forward to seeing him playing for us :)

Goldson is the best CH in our league. Katic is not far behind him. Do not get the criticism Goldson gets. Imagine if he was Scottish, he would be our go to CH. He's a very good player and like most CH's his faults get highlighted more than his strengths.

I'm not convinced with the Swede at all. Seems like the Bologna fans arent too unhappy to see him leave. Contrast that with the Slavia Pargue fans who were gutted to see that Simon guy leave. I know it's only social media but the whole 'nervy' thing really worries me. Really need to trust MA and SG on this one.

You’d rather the guy playing in the Czech league who’s just been omitted from the Ivory Coast squad for the African Cup of Nations over the first choice Sweden centre half currently playing in Serie A?

Just spent 25 min watching Bologna highlights from earlier this season on YouTube. Just random games I found with our new Thor playing rather than specific highlights of him.

Lots and lots to like IMO. Big guy, physical, great in the air, not the quickest but the level of player he is up against in Serie A is a tad better than Eamon Brophy's etc of the SPFL. Likes a good interception and can play a decent long ball out of defense. Didnt see nervy at all, looked comfortable on the ball on the occassions he had it. Man marking was good, just gets in the way and stops the forward being able to play but without fouling them. Look forward to seeing him playing for us :)
He's going to get more time on the ball for us IMO, teams are less likely to press our CB's and will prefer to keep their defensive shape instead.

Looks like a proper centre back too. Wouldn't look out of place in a farm.

Having watched Goldson and Katic I honestly can't believe you rate Goldson as a better centre back but of course that's your opinion and your welcome to it, none the less the mind boggles
There are many more who’d suggest it mind boggling to believe that Katic is currently, and I stress currently, the better player.

You’d rather the guy playing in the Czech league who’s just been omitted from the Ivory Coast squad for the African Cup of Nations over the first choice Sweden centre half currently playing in Serie A?

Based on their own fans reaction yes.

Like I said I trust SG and MA on this. There is nothing wrong with having concerns when we have just spent over 3M on the guy. I'm sure the bug guy will quickly put those to bed.

It's fitting that this guy has a name close to Highlander.

If he's like any other player from Scandinavia or similar, a few years in Scotland should have him sounding like Connor MacLeod.

Exactly, some of the stuff written on here is baffling, makes you wonder if they have ever actually watched a game.

I was in the bernabeu in June and watched the Spain v Sweden match, can’t really recall the big guy as was too busy watching/booing that big dummy Lustig. Lustig made himself look busy but to me looked like he avoided the ball when it came to his area

Here's hoping we get this done soon.
It's a fair amount of money we are paying but I'm with the management team on this.
Let's go.

There are many more who’d suggest it mind boggling to believe that Katic is currently, and I stress currently, the better player.

May sound strange but when Katic is beside him I think Goldson plays better and is the better of the 2 but when worral was beside him he looked very nervy at times and Katic looked the better player. Said it many times to friends that I believe the partnership between the 2 made them both better players and I just hope whichever of them plays with Helander they develop the same trust and understanding with him.

Tbf mate he is playing at a far higher standard than any of the above .[/QUOTE]
This is what I was getting at in another thread, €4M isn’t big money. We as a fan base want ready made stars and want the club to be out buying marquee signings, yet we also call €4M big money.

Quite simply, at this price range that’s what you’re getting. It’s always going to be a gamble.
In the economic world of Scottish football 3-6 million is big money

Last edited:
Re Goldson - If I had one criticism of SG last season it's that he played Goldson when he clearly shouldn't have. I get that managers want players to play through niggling injuries and run through brick walls but his reliance on Goldson was too much. Hopefully, with the addition of Helander and Edmundo he will rotate with confidence when required.

May sound strange but when Katic is beside him I think Goldson plays better and is the better of the 2 but when worral was beside him he looked very nervy at times and Katic looked the better player. Said it many times to friends that I believe the partnership between the 2 made them both better players and I just hope whichever of them plays with Helander they develop the same trust and understanding with him.
Katic being better than Worral would explain the first part though.

Exactly, some of the stuff written on here is baffling, makes you wonder if they have ever actually watched a game.
I've learnt over the years that supporting a club and even watching games doesn't necessarily mean that everyone actually takes anything in.

Don't get me wrong I'm no tactical genius by any stretch but the amount of people who clearly attend or watch games regularly who have practically no idea about football is astounding.

Back