Fiorentina penalties

I've no recollection of it at all. In saying that I've very little recollection of the return game [apart from the obvious]. Maybe because I watched the 2nd leg through my fingers.

I just collapsed with joy.

It was a strange celebration that evening.

I think it was relief more than anything else. I ended up in tears too.

My only memory was sh*tting myself because I accidentally swallowed my chewing gum and nearly choked on it before the game started. Genuinely remember FA about the match

Remember jumping about the living room with my 2 boys they were 10 and 11 then sent them to bed cracked open another beer and phoned my dad and we both shed a tear. And despite the result in the final was ever so glad to be at the game with my old man who taught me what being a bluenose was all about

Remember buzzing about a euro semi at Ibrox, and how good the atmosphere was gonnae be, it was shite, such an anti climax the whole thing.
The 2nd leg made up for it tho.

My abiding memory of that night is being on the floor in front of the telly when the winning penalty hit the net, on my knees, in my then girlfriend's living room, as she looked on in bemusement

Getting goosebumps reading this thread.

Watched it in the railway tavern in Falkirk. as soon as the final whistle went fired on the train into Edinburgh and spent the night jumping about some nightclub cuddling everyone I saw.

Like others have said the journey down was one of the best days of my life. Splitting sun and bears everywhere. What a day. Pity about the score.

That team deserved to win the lot that season. Loved every single one of them.

Reactions: VGM
Only memories being it was dull as hell, ultimately another Walter defensive masterclass which was key, but it wasn’t pretty.

Thought it was only me.

Was at every game apart from the final and the only thing I remember about that game is being in the Club Deck.

Remember buzzing about a euro semi at Ibrox, and how good the atmosphere was gonnae be, it was shite, such an anti climax the whole thing.
The 2nd leg made up for it tho.
Aye mate, my overriding memory is the lack of atmosphere for such a big game.

One of the cagiest games I've ever seen at Ibrox.
Davie Weir had a blinder of a game for us at the back as i recall. Played like a 21 yr old and missed nothing

Just read through the away leg penalities thread.

Does any footage of this exist? my only two memories of it were :

A) It was daylight when we kicked off a European match so late in the season and it felt strange.
B) McCoist being delighted with the 0-0
Barry Ferguson being suspended and Shitting it from a few Mutu free kicks.

Didn't get my own seat that night sitting front row SE5 awful match remember their manager small curly hair with a puffa type jacket going ballistic up and down the touchline nearly all match

I know I was there and it was my first time in the club deck but, other than that, really don’t remember much.

Was watching the match in the living room. Had to go into the hall for the penalties. Couldn't watch.

Me and my mum cried our eyes out when they were done.

One of only 2 times I’ve watched a game from the Sandy Jardine stand. Remember leaving the ground thinking we would have no chance of getting to the final and we had given up such an opportunity so timidly.

Shows what I know about football.

I remember it being a boring game and an anti-climax for a European semi. I also felt underwhelmed by the result.

Are there highlights from either of the games? Plenty of the penalties but I struggle to find anything from the games.

Was at the game in GR4 which was my ST seat at the time.

Bizarre game where nothing actually happened.

Main memory was both sets of supporters applauding each other after the final whistle. The away section was the purplest it's ever been.

Back