Firms fined for fixing prices fans pay for Rangers FC merchandise

Or they’ll roll out Bennett again so he can tell us how “rrrraaaannnnngggeeerrrssss” are the best in class and how “rrrraaaannnnggggeeeerrrrssss” are in such a great position because we’ve won one major domestic cup and one league in 11 years
Wonder how many times he will tell us how he spoke to people "Where I live/where I work".

Theres no doubt that the board have been successful in their OWN field of work.
But its came to pass they cannot run a football club.
The fan boys and friends of the board on FF need to wake up.
I've no side in this, but to be honest, I'm sick of reading this crap every day on here.

Unless you can come up with names of who you want taking over the club, put a sock in it.

Seem to be "staggering"from one crisis to another just now.badly need some stability, someone/anyone to be accountable.

I know we are guilty.
What I’m trying to fathom is why we didn’t get the same fine as JD and asking what the difference is a if there’s been a different level if guilt here.

Having read the article i believe its because we increased the prices for a month, or just over a month. JD Sports had the increased price for nearly a year.

There is one very, very simple question not being asked here: who at Rangers engaged in price fixing. If the courts were satisfied that Rangers weee guilty it can only be because there was proof. If there is proof, a Rangers employee’s signature is somewhere detailing what they wanted of JD. The individual who did this has to be named and unless working directly under orders from above, fired if still at the club.
We admitted it, didn’t need proof, it happened

Time to wake up and smell the coffee pal.

You are ok with it so long as we are only a wee bit guilty?

Thats like trying to get off with cheating on your wife because you finished off on the birds tits and never gave the wee tart a cream pie

We should not be guilty of anything that involves fleecing the customers............. sorry fans, this cannot be dressed up to suit a pro board narritive fur fux sak
It’s not pro-board, which I am for the best part but not always.
I just like to find out the why’s where’s and how’s.

I know we are guilty.
What I’m trying to fathom is why we didn’t get the same fine as JD and asking what the difference is a if there’s been a different level if guilt here.
We only colluded to fix strip prices.

JD and Elite colluded on training kit etc without our knowledge. Thats why there is a difference.

I've no side in this, but to be honest, I'm sick of reading this crap every day on here.

Unless you can come up with names of who you want taking over the club, put a sock in it.
Same as the Gio out noise, it’s the same people who have no clue what the consequences are or it’s the old nonsense of it’s not my job to find a manager, Kitman, Chairman, DoF etc

"It is understood Rangers was disappointed to find itself subject to the CMA action, having appointed Elite as a partner in part because of its retail expertise.

The club has said it was not party to the discussions that took place between Elite and JD Sports but accepted the fine imposed by the CMA, given its role as the licensor of the intellectual property rights relating to its replica kit.

It noted that the CMA accepted that Rangers' role in the offending action was limited."

So are we really just guilty by the fact that we should always be in control/be aware of the sale price of our replica kit because we own the IP of it?
This kind of supports my line about being responsible for but not to blame for.
However, others had posted that we asked for the increase?

Why not? Fed up reading the experts on here who seem to think they know how to run a football club.

So let's be having the names of these ideal candidates who can take over. Maybe you and the other experts on here could give it a go.
Because it's a ridiculous point to make that's why.

Funny how bennett was going on about the board putting money in for various things but yet didnt mention how much money we have paid out because of shambolic deals we have agreed to or court cases etc

How the %^*& did it come to this, employing the people we do when we have an unlimited choice of talent. I mean, it seems 99% of this forum think that they can do a better job of everything.

Cheers Rangers, and whatever cvnt in the commercial department of the club.
I shall now be taking a 3 year Hiatus from buying anything other than tickets for me and mine.

Absolute cvnts trick, the perpetrator(s) should be named shamed and fuckin sacked.

Everything we seem to touch ends up in court.

Meanwhile the fans loyalty is rinsed at every possible turn. And we end up with a team of players, who at best need substantially replaced in the next year and with major assets walking out of the door, failed promises and an complete fan disengagement (barring the emails asking how the game went)

Next season it will be season ticket and that’s it. No mygers. No European package deals. No strips. No merchandise.

If the board want loyalty from us, we deserve it from them.

At a time when peoples budgets will be stretched, the board need to deliver more to retain our loyalty.

Bennet needs to get his arse in front of a camera, do a proper interview and explain the clubs involvement in how and why the fans were blatantly exploited once again. If there are mitigating circumstances, let’s hear it, until then, I won’t be buying another thing. This is so disheartening to see.

It’s not pro-board, which I am for the best part but not always.
I just like to find out the why’s where’s and how’s.
They should be held accountable for how we are being governed and the decisions that are complicate in but there are to many on here blinded by loyalty to the club without opening their eyes and being objective.

Years of boards taking the piss out of us has left me pretty suspicious of everything these people do and how they treat the fans, as it stands at the moment I dont believe the current board are fit for purpose. At best there is a real knowledge or skill shortage on what is needed to make a club our size successful. How SR has been able to keep his job is beyond me.

For the act of agreeing to over price items the fans would buy in volume tells me a lot about there motives and respect they have for the fans that have been there before them and will be there after them

Ups have no idea the context of our blame.
Neither do I.
I’m just pretty sure if we were as blatantly guilty as you seem to think we were, we’d have been fined a helluva lot more.
Maybe as much as JD.
We were fined. You don’t get a fine for no involvement.

Depressing. We seem to get bad legal advice on everything.

Would be great to finally hear how much we get from Castore after years of this shite.

I know we are guilty.
There clearly is levels of liability across the 3 parties involved but even if the club wasn’t directly involved but knew this was happening, i still have a major issue with that. If the board didn’t have sight of this and it was someone at a lower level within the commercial department, I expect heads to roll. At face value at the very least, this is unacceptable and shouldn’t stop at answering to the courts. The fans deserve and explanation.

Edited to,add: it may well be that the club played no part on this but have been fined for lack of corporate governance, I don’t know but they need to tell us.

Last edited:
Won't be long until its "common knowledge" that we were fined £2M. I remember some predictions our fine would be £4M+..

"Elite Sports has been fined £459,000, JD Sports £1,485,000 and Rangers £225,000"

The ratio of fines suggests where the fault was.

I heard Jim Shite on talkshite saying Rangers had been fined £2M

He is a knob

Not that I agree with it but it was just an extra £5 on replica kits for a month.

Is it really that big a deal?
I am going to assume you are fishing or you are in fact Stewart Robertson and have just gave away your username

If serious then you are part of the problem

Looking forward to Dave King’s statement later.

He’s big on transparency and communication with the fans, so he might like to tell us why he conspired with JD and Elite to fleece us.

Our club is a never ending saga.

Wish we could go through a season where football is all we talk about.
Wish we could go through a season where SMSM reported any misdemeanour or fan trouble with same effort they do with us
More fuss about nothing whilst the most horrendous scandal in British football is kept as low-key as possible

I am going to assume you are fishing or you are in fact Stewart Robertson and have just gave away your username

If serious then you are part of the problem

I am part of the problem that the club raised the price of replica kits by a fiver?

To be honest with you reading the article it is something I do not care about. Doesn't seem that big a deal for me. If that makes me part of the problem you speak of I genuinely could not care less.

Its got absolutely zero to do with getting rid of SD.

We seen others selling cheaper than our partner and asked them to up their price.

I don't agree it has zero relevance mate. DK at the time said there were various compete clauses that we'd basically need to break. Whether that's one of them, only a select few will know, but it's not beyond the realms of possiblity.

That would make more sense than the board just being utter bastards at the time for the sake of it.

Back