First song you’ll play when league is won.

Won’t be the first song by any means and yes I’m well aware of their political views but at some point Tubthumping
by Chumbawamba is going on simply as a reminder of the first game at Ibrox post demotion (v E Fife) when it was played after every goal. We’ve come a long way since

Championee.... without doubt.

Quickly along will be Mr Blue Sky, We Are The Champions and Live It Up.
I’m just been listening to H&H time capsule about championship wins and climbing the walls for this now.

There will be a lot of emotion with this one.
Lots has happened in football, in Rangers & personally over the last decade... in many ways my life is completely different but there’s a constant that has been there since I was 11yrs old and maybe self-indulgently at times, has seen me through a lot.

The biggest thing is my wee boy growing into a Rangers fan and he’s been sitting with me watching matches for the last couple of seasons. He is Rangers daft, he plays football and he brings that into the conversation, he loves watching a game with me and @Sgt Steve McGarrett when we can, he loves being part of the Berkshire Loyal RSC, and he is bursting to celebrate this title.

Ooh I don't know, be a few hours to come down to earth to even think what is happening. There's been some great playlists set up on here for Apple/Spotify so will maybe get them set out in preparation now

Ibrox anthems - Follow Follow / Hullo Hullo
I will have that CD going full blast. It might be old, and a tad corny in bits, but I love it and will be giving it laldy. Treble Twins 'You'll Know Us By Our Noise'. Followed by 'We Are The People' Matchday Anthems and a bit of the '9 In A Row' official CD.:))

Last edited:
I’ve kind of forgotten what it’s like to play an upbeat song relating to Rangers success.

I think I’ll go PRW or Fathers Advice as I open the first can of the morning.
Where have you been the last 6 months?

I'm feeling it B-D

It goes a little something like this;

Inoffensive party tunes (The Best, Live It Up etc) few cans in and the cultural tunes will be on (Fathers Advice, No.1 Platoon, KBOTW) few more cans and get a bit maudlin (Absent Friends, Will Your Anchor Hold, My Dear Old Belfast Town).

Post something passive aggressive on social media, wake up at 3am and delete it.
Can’t wait.

Just finished listening to a brilliant show on heart and hand,almost two hours on past title triumphs and championies has been playing on different clips.if I live to be 100 I’ll never forget in 87 in a traffic jam down by Aberdeen harbour and radio Scotland (yes I know) played that single at the end of sportsound and every car in front,beside and behind for as far as you could see was bouncing to that single being played.that will be first up for me

I will get my guitar and play my loyalist melody that starts with The Sash, then No Pope of Rome, Bring back King Billy, The great escape, The Billy boys, Follow Follow, Keep the blue flag flying high, and finish with Glory Glory. I may just sneak my other version of The Billy Boys in there as well, with the amp set at 11.
Mon the Teddy Bears!

Not the first but in the stadium when we get back. Ashley by Green Day. Lyrics:
You used to dangle my heart with your puppet strings
You dangled your desires right in front of my face
You led me to the well but wouldn't let me drink
Swallowing my pride and I never even got the taste

But time comes around and I�m not so naive
I've finally lost touch 'cause you're so out of reach
You say that you're fine but I know that you ain't
You're looking like hell and you're no fucking saint

Just finished listening to a brilliant show on heart and hand,almost two hours on past title triumphs and championies has been playing on different clips.if I live to be 100 I’ll never forget in 87 in a traffic jam down by Aberdeen harbour and radio Scotland (yes I know) played that single at the end of sportsound and every car in front,beside and behind for as far as you could see was bouncing to that single being played.that will be first up for me
1987.:rolleyes: :)

I was stationed near Weston-Super-Mare at the time. Couldn't get a ticket for the game. Nevertheless, I drove up to Scotland so I could listen on the radio. Couldn't do it at my Mum's house as I was too nervous so drove the car out to Lanark Loch and sat in a corner of the Car Park listening there. Went mad when Big Butcher scored then cried away to myself at the end before composing myself and heading home. No mobile phones for us poor folk to contact each other in those days ha ha.

Championi 86
Live it up
Welcome to the party
Queen we are the champions
It's coming home

First five songs on the YouTube playlist.

Championi 86
Live it up
Welcome to the party
Queen we are the champions
It's coming home

First five songs on the YouTube playlist.

And some bonuses:

Last edited:
Queen - We Are The Champions

The lyrics are pretty relevant to where we have been.

After that it’s everything and anything with smoke, explosions and big smiles.

Hiding behind the sofa and counting one game at a time.

I’ll be peering over the couch watching the St Mirren game.

If we get 6/6 this week, then I might start believing.
I honestly don't know how I would have handled this season being a close race or helicopter Sunday job. The cynic in me thinks we'd have been on the bad end of more dodgy decisions as well.

They will drop 6 points before the end of the season and won't match our goal difference. We've won the league B-D

The chant that during the darkest days when we we getting toyed with by the poets with regular 5 goal batterings I thought would be light years away.
Oh it is so f uckin easy
So f uckin easy
Oh it is so f uckin easy.

Once that one is unleashed we are truly back on top.

PRW.

The first game at Ibrox after learning my old man was terminally ill they played that for the first time. He passed away 2011 not seeing the depths we fell to but would be so proud of the way our club refused to die and the way we all stood shoulder to shoulder

After that and a wee toast to him it will be party till I drop with Welcome to the Party and Live It Up

Queen, We are the Champions for me. It's on my Rangers 55 Apple Music playlist along with many others mentioned on this thread. Will keep an eye on this thread for other ideas!

1987.:rolleyes: :)

I was stationed near Weston-Super-Mare at the time. Couldn't get a ticket for the game. Nevertheless, I drove up to Scotland so I could listen on the radio. Couldn't do it at my Mum's house as I was too nervous so drove the car out to Lanark Loch and sat in a corner of the Car Park listening there. Went mad when Big Butcher scored then cried away to myself at the end before composing myself and heading home. No mobile phones for us poor folk to contact each other in those days ha ha.

I must have chased you all the way down the road from Aberdeen to Bristol the next day with Rangers scarf flying proudly out the window :)

Back