Football Message Boards Misogynistic

I can't be the only one who silently swears every time they click on a "football" link on the BBC website only to discover it's an article on the women's version of the beautiful game. (Same with cricket)
Very true, I burst out laughing when they have a female co commentator talking about formations and tactics. Like me telling my grandma how to suck eggs

According to research. What say the members of follow follow? ;)
I would like to understand what the actual definition of “progressive” attitudes are.

The pics before the video started of the women footballers was good then the big disappointment from the big feminist put me off.

Was flicking the channels the other night and came across a woman’s football game, in Gaelic, Celtic v Hibs.

Now I can watch all manner of football but there is a line and this was as far past that line as you could get.

Less to do with misogyny, more to do with the standard being abysmal.

The football is terrible (keepers particularly hilarious), it's probably on par with that of under 13 level. It's pushed to a ridiculous level but it's absolutely awful to watch.
Quite simply the BBC can't afford much else, so you see it promoted as part of the brave new world.

Aye, the man-space that was MoTD, or any of the other footy channels, now has a compulsory bird spouting forth.

I have watched Rangers Ladies quite a few times on tv and supported them enthusiastically. But I need to be honest, win, lose or draw, it doesn't impact my life one iota.

The day when it does is when woman's football will be taken seriously, and of course, that day will never happen.

Sorry ladies, but the BBC announcing as the lead item on the sports headlines that Chelsea/Arsenal/City have won and I'm thinking "Whit?", how did I miss that game, only to find out it's woman's football they're over promoting, is really manipulating reality.

Anyway, I do appreciate a good Ladies win :))

Last edited:
Was flicking the channels the other night and came across a woman’s football game, in Gaelic, Celtic v Hibs.

Now I can watch all manner of football but there is a line and this was as far past that line as you could get.
I chanced upon this too just as Hibs women equalised in time added, so I was fine with my experience of this event.

I expect motorsport message boards would be seen as misogynistic compared to mumsnet. Most male orientated ones will be.

My missus used to(maybe still does) post on some woman’s message board and it definitely had plenty of misandry and sexualising of men. I’m sure mumsnet will have it’s fair share of casual misandry and sexualising of men too.

According to research. What say the members of follow follow? ;)

Obviously it's women doing all the complaining instead of getting their man's tea ready for him getting home from a bloody hard shift!
Bah!

In all seriousness the way our club are doing it is spot on. There’s no forced nature, there’s decent insight into the woman’s team and good content on how they are getting on. As a result supporters will start to take more of an interest as it’s not being artificially forced on them. Actually find myself opening up the threads on how they’re getting on nowadays as opposed to blanking it completely in the past. Trying to tell people that have followed the mans game for decades to start enjoying women’s football or you’re sexist will only push them away. Build it up slowly and there’s a good chance people will end up actually respecting it.

I watch a lot more womens football than probably most on here so can probably give a decent shot at an opinion of it here.

The standard of the good teams at international level and club level is so stark in contrast that it makes it hard to take seriously at the moment. There is a lot of doings dished out and as a spectacle, well, it's crap.

There is also a lot of coverage of it. Probably more than it warrants but I suppose they are trying to establish the game and normalise it being on. I find the coverage really patronising to the players and those who are watching. They don't dare criticise when there is plenty to criticise. They have no problem slagging off folk in the mens game so why not here?

Misogyny in football needs to be kicked out for good and although two wrongs don't make a right, I've heard how some women talk about men - they can just be as bad. Women have the same "W1d" colloquial terms to attractive men they see. It's maybe not as vulgar but it's still there.

No one can claim that misogyny isn't a problem - it's rife in all areas of life, not just football, including this forum. It's like the morons who say women comedians are rubbish because women just aren't funny. Obviously never watched a women's game in their life. The goalies are funny as fcuk.

The amount of coverage women's football gets on sky sports far outweighs the interested.

Tbh it even annoyed me seeing the Rangers women’s team highlight at half time on Tuesday night. My daughter loves football and I’ll fully support her if she keeps it up but it’s a very different sport from men’s football. It feels as though we’re getting it rammed down our throats now. Even my missus who is a rugby fan thinks it’s nonsense that there is always a female pundit at men’s matches now

If we accept that men and women are different, which most sane people do, you realise that this is a non argument, men need their own things in life as do women and trying to force us to like women's football or sports is futile, if women want to play then do what you like just don't expect all men to jump on the bandwagon trying to say it's actually good, as the old advert for Yorkie bars used to say "it's not for girls"

Adrian Durham is just a clever Chris Sutton. Adrian only ever says anything to get the opposite reaction. He doesn't believe anything he says personally. It's an act. It's his USP.

Apart from having brains, the difference between him and Sutton is that Durham is a good lad (and leans towards us rather than the mhanky mob) whereas Sutton is a knob.
I would say Durhum identified that he got the biggest reaction from that mob, the same way Sutton does with us.

Difference is Sutton is a clumsy, bitter, moronic piece of excrement.

Is it misogynistic to say women's football is really bad? Is that what they mean?

Because it really fucking is.

That’s what I was thinking, immediately that I saw this thread.

I’ve no problem with women’s sport being given appropriate levels of TV coverage, but you can’t make me watch it. Women’s football is absolutely brutal. Just rubbish. And that’s because the standard is horrible, not because it’s women playing it. So, am I now deemed a misogynist because I don’t want to watch garbage football.

I don’t want to watch 4th tier mens football either. What does that make me? A mansogynist. :))

Why do all these type of things present women as meek, frightened little things who are constantly offended? That's not your average Scottish I know woman, that's for sure. They are well aware what a joke is and can easily give as good as they get.

FF's women are more than capable of sticking up for themselves as well. Even in the dreaded lounge.

The BBC continues to pretend that Ladies teams are more important than real football:
I don't get it tbh, men have no interest in womens football and very few women watch womens football.

Begs the question of who is this actually for other than being pc and showing support for "THE MESSAGE".

Back