Four years since the Herald was forced to apologise for Spiers' allegations against a Rangers director

It’s ridiculous these (untz get off Scot free saying whatever they wish about our club, players and fans, without evidence to back it up.

They just spout p!sh and publish lies, and usually the retraction is about 1/100th the size of the actual column and is printed months after the original piece.

Its amazing how some of these stories make it to print in the first place, and still they continue to make stuff up

“Apologies” from journalists are meaningless because they only write them when they are effectively coerced by the lawyer of the offended party.

Spiers has rapidly disappeared from the media and that is due to this reptile being hated by more than us. A fuckin clown who tried to enforce his position by denigrating Rangers legends without them being alive to defend themselves. Utter scumbag journalism.

Problem is though that once a story is out there a printed apology doesn't really undo the damage done. Spiers is a fud, as said above.

An arriviste golf hack who never broke a story, analysed a tactic or turned down a free lunch, especially if succulent lamb was on the menu.

Defender of nonces, bare faced liar and one of the few journalists in the liberal western world who believes in thought crime.

A first rate second rate man, the idol of all morondom: Graham 'Spiersy' Queers

And still to this day he is still around making snide comments every now and again

The lack of accountability that he and others have for posting unfounded nonsense is baffling

We really need this stuff catalogued somewhere (on here somehow?) for the usual suspects and available for reference so that every time one of these snakes slithers out the woodwork with more anti Rangers bile, we can remind them of their history of agenda ridden bs against the club. Discredit and expose them every time they open their traps.

This is the first tie in yonks that I've seen his name mentioned on here. I'd forgotten he existed.

Must be keeping quiet since we are doing OK.

What's the prick up to these days?

Was this the same occasion that the rancid cow Haggerty steamed in to defend him and lost her job as well?

Ive actually given up on our pr tbh for years these pricks have been slandering us with no recourse the fact they kept silent on leckies column about morelos is an absolute fuckin disgrace at what point does this dignified silence pish become cowardice from them

That c unt has made a living on the back of sectarianism.
I don't think he has made a living from sectarianism,from what i see it's just an unhealthy hatred of us.

I think he's made a living out of what he perceives to be sectarian by calling Rangers, the club, us, the fans, directors and anyone associated with us sectarian.

I don't recall him calling out any others for sectarianism.

some journalists 'find stuff', and we wish they hadn't, some reporters 'report stuff' and although it may be uncomfortable if we're honest there may be times when (some of it) may be hard to argue with, Thomson at Channel Four News was just a prick trying to make a name for himself on the national scene, but Spiers, he's not even got that, it's just snide comments like some silly wee girl in the playground. Pathetic excuse of a man

An arriviste golf hack who never broke a story, analysed a tactic or turned down a free lunch, especially if succulent lamb was on the menu.

Defender of nonces, bare faced liar and one of the few journalists in the liberal western world who believes in thought crime.

A first rate second rate man, the idol of all morondom: Graham 'Spiersy' Queers
Hahaha! Sounds like his Grindr profile.

A lip service apology. He knew once the story was out there then no matter what he had planted the 'no smoke without fire' seed in some people's minds.

Should automatically change his name to "odious creep" like it used to do on the old board. Cant stand the pompous clown.

Problem is though that once a story is out there a printed apology doesn't really undo the damage done. Spiers is a fud, as said above.
It’s what they do, print a full page story, then apologise in a single paragraph on page 26.

Back