Friday Press Conference

The questions at these press conferences are pathetic, nobody asks the hard hitting questions that us fans want answers to.

Other than the one question about horizontal passes.

They're not politicians, they're football managers who will answer what they want in a environment that's structured to ensure this. Press conferences are a contractual requirement, likely set out by the league, that managers don't want to do but have too.

All clubs have media teams that ensure its as standard and routine as possible.

He needs to play an actual left-back at left-back, even if it's Barisic, to let Sterling move back into midfield beside Diomande. I'd also drop Lundstram but I'm less hopeful on that one.

And Sima on the left please - Silva either through the middle or not at all.

100% we haven’t any control of the middle of the park. We are going long which is fine, but when we don’t win that second ball then we have Lundstram alone getting dragged all over the place. Sterling in there adds more legs, defensive ability and power. I wouldn’t even be against a 3 of Sterling Lunny and Diomande.
Agree. Diomande and Sterling start in midfield. I'd drop Lundstram. He hasn't won a second ball for months.

Seems like some parallel Universe where Sterling is the only one saying it like it is and backing himself on the pitch yet getting criticism. I’d rather he’d be laying into the gutless wonders who have crashed our season, again.

Same shit questions.
No one bothers to ask him why our players are asleep at the start of each game. The last three games we lost a goal inside the first minute and almost lost one v RC and Dundee.
It's inexplicable why we have a captain that likes his teammates to just ease themselves into the game.

Also our complete inability to execute corners.

The only slight improvement, statistically speaking, was in defence. That's probably due to Sterling. We were still absolutely woeful though. Our attacking output was actually worse than the Ross County game.
Wednesday was miles worse despite getting a point more than Sunday.
At Dingwall we created many chances and should have had the game wrapped up at half time. At Dens i can only think of Sima's chance first half and Dessers second half?

He needs to play an actual left-back at left-back, even if it's Barisic, to let Sterling move back into midfield beside Diomande. I'd also drop Lundstram but I'm less hopeful on that one.

Spot on. You can’t have a right footed player at left back

The Scottish cup means nothing is a nonsense attitude. It's silverware. Mental take
The league trophy is the only one that really matters. Win that and you can think of the Scottish Cup as icing on the cake and the League Cup as a very small cherry on top. Neither are significant in a practical sense to us. They are poor consolation prizes if we don't win the league and we should not treat them as anything other than that. They don't bring significant money in and they should never be something we rely on.

We need to pap Ridvan. Good player but another who is made of toilet paper.
Massive issues in finding a replacement to fill his boots since his injury, probably not the best idea to get rid, maybe focus on getting him fit and playing.

Davies is supposed to have filled in at LB has he not?

He can't do the exact same thing, apart from replacing Lawrence/Dowell with Diomande.

As others have said, get Sterling in midfield or further forward, as he unsurprisingly brings nothing from the left back area, in comparison.

They're not politicians, they're football managers who will answer what they want in a environment that's structured to ensure this. Press conferences are a contractual requirement, likely set out by the league, that managers don't want to do but have too.

All clubs have media teams that ensure its as standard and routine as possible.

So they ARE politicians?

The gaffer knows what he wants for next season. He's done remarkable well with the dross he's picked up with.

IMO he's the right man for us.

players mentality has killed us last couple of games.

He can't do the exact same thing, apart from replacing Lawrence/Dowell with Diomande.

As others have said, get Sterling in midfield or further forward, as he unsurprisingly brings nothing from the left back area, in comparison.
If Diomande is back he’ll partner Lundstram.

If Yilmaz doesn’t make it, Sterling will be at left back again.

Personally I think that’s a mistake.

If Barisic is fit I’d be playing him to provide natural left sided width in order to accommodate Sterling in the middle.

In a perfect world I’d have him and Diomande together with Sima back on the left, but I suspect none of that will happen and Diomande’s return will be the only change from Wednesday night.

Good news on Diomande and at least Ridvan should be available next week if not Sunday.

Can’t see any way Goldson or Lundstram are dropped so will be an interesting moment when that team drops.
Ridvan was days away before the tims game so dont hold your breath

Fed up hearing it. The side has been in regression since February and Clement has done nothing to address performances for 2 months now.
March.

We played seven games in February and won them all. On the second of March, we lost to Motherwell in a game we should have comfortably won even though we were far from our best and it’s been downhill from there since. Other than the Benfica away game.

The league trophy is the only one that really matters. Win that and you can think of the Scottish Cup as icing on the cake and the League Cup as a very small cherry on top. Neither are significant in a practical sense to us. They are poor consolation prizes if we don't win the league and we should not treat them as anything other than that. They don't bring significant money in and they should never be something we rely on.
While i understand your point loads of people on here are complaining of 'loser mentality'

While i understand your point loads of people on here are complaining of 'loser mentality'
Losers mentality my arse. Its recognition.of what constitutes the big prize in Scottish football and prioritising it accordingly. Its the exact opposite of losers mentality.

Wednesday was miles worse despite getting a point more than Sunday.
At Dingwall we created many chances and should have had the game wrapped up at half time. At Dens i can only think of Sima's chance first half and Dessers second half?
save from goldson header
keeper save with his knees from lawrence
save from tavernier free kick

Massive issues in finding a replacement to fill his boots since his injury, probably not the best idea to get rid, maybe focus on getting him fit and playing.

He has been here long enough for us to see he's another who plays a couple of games then misses the next 10!

Losers mentality my arse. Its recognition.of what constitutes the big prize in Scottish football and prioritising it accordingly. Its the exact opposite of losers mentality.
I'm well aware of what the big prize is. But the Scottish cup is still a prize. Which is my initial point. If you don't care about it fine. If your happy with that mob across the road getting it fine. I'm not OK with that which is my initial point to the person saying the Scottish cup only matters if you win the league.

Utter, utter nonsense. We all count the Scottish cup when talking about overall trophy haul so therefore it counts. People are moaning about loser mentality in the players so imagine for a second that no player tries on Sunday, we lose 3 nil and in post match interviews tav et al say...well we threw away the league so we don't think there's any point in trying for the Scottish cup cos it's not important. Imagine the outrage from supporters. It counts, it's there to be won.

Curious to know how many "journalists" turn up for these press conferences?
Do the likes of Matthew Lindsay Graeme McGarry and all those Record Sport pundits who made score predictions before the OF game actually turn up ? BBD Shortbread's Chris McLaughlin ?
Just read an article from the Herald online by David Irvine who basically just transcribed what Clement said in the video from youtube contained in post #31.

Back