Friendly request for the UB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what our support was singing in 1900 but I know in 1912 the then rangers chairman was touring orange halls in Glasgow in his capacity as chairman of Rangers encouraging men to join the newly formed ulster volunteer force.
Not that I need to divulge it but I’m from a family descended of orangemen. Proud. Also men on the square.

None of them have or would stand at games signing about Bobby Sands, the Pope or the IRA.

I like them. They bring so much to the stadium.

My wee boy also loves them.

My issue is simple- trying to constantly sing about Bobby Sands, the IRA and building gallows is pointless and gives the perception they are somehow trying to counter the groin brigade in their plastic paddy/political clusterfck.

It’s not an uncommon observation among most of our fans. Leave that shite to that mob and sing our songs loud and proud.
We have been singing about Bobby sands since 1981 and the cup final that year was christened the Bobby sands final as we sang about him dying for most of it.we were singing the chicken supper song up to the 90’s,build my gallows has been sung for decades long before the green brigade were even thought of.

Nope, your kidding yourself that everyone agrees we should keep on the same old path with the old songs & language, folk just put up with it / can’t wait til those songs end , especially when you see folk with kids / next generation, having to answer questions of the subjects that get mentioned

Rangers was created by 4 young guys for the love of football , not to defend the union / Protestant faith , just people bringing their own politics into it.
Makes no sense considering the number of people who attend church in modern age / secular support
The vast majority do agree. Coming down the road was a feature at Euro games last year and was being BELTED out by the full stadium. As was Daddy’s Uniform so yes the majority stand by our culture.

Who needs to answer questions on it? I am lost. The add-ons etc are not something I would ever defend. That’s not for me. The specific songs mentioned are not an issue.

You mention politics - People voting SNPIRA within our support are the real danger.

The leaflet produced today for all patrons for BF 1 was funny.

Apparently everyone has to dress the same and isn't allowed to film anything or take pictures on their phone haha!

They do so much good at Ibrox but lose goodwill with nonsense like this.
I bet those on the RSC bus wished nobody filmed anything.

I was at a golf day not so long ago.

A ex player started to sing on the bus on the way back to the hotel.

Phones were out in seconds.

Not that I need to divulge it but I’m from a family descended of orangemen. Proud. Also men on the square.

None of them have or would stand at games signing about Bobby Sands, the Pope or the IRA.
Anything to do with Sands and the Pope needs to be removed from the song book. And tbf, the vast majority are over anything to do with the Pope. The rare outing of NPOR and a few morons aside.

We have been singing about Bobby sands since 1981 and the cup final that year was christened the Bobby sands final as we sang about him dying for most of it.we were singing the chicken supper song up to the 90’s,build my gallows has been sung fir decades long before the green brigade were even thought of.
It’s 2022 not 1981. Who’s having the last laugh here hearing his name resonating around our amazing stadium and modern day football club? It’s an absolute abomination and no amount of straw man building can excuse it.

The vast majority do agree. Coming down the road was a feature at Euro games last year and was being BELTED out by the full stadium. As was Daddy’s Uniform so yes the majority stand by our culture.

Who needs to answer questions on it? I am lost. The add-ons etc are not something I would ever defend. That’s not for me. The specific songs mentioned are not an issue.

You mention politics - People voting SNPIRA within our support are the real danger.
This is simply nonsense. I highly doubt even half of 50k within Ibrox know the words to daddy’s uniform. Perhaps you are getting confused with a fathers advice?

Not an unreasonable request from the OP. Dont know why they bother waving a flag when we’re in the final third. No one watching the stands at that point.
It was the same at Livingston but we gladly moved at half-time for a better view - not really an option at Ibrox unfortunately.

I love the UBs efforts to generate atmosphere and they can bang the drum until it bursts as far as I’m concerned. It’s not a big ask to lower the flags when the action is in the box. The flag waving adds the least amount to the atmosphere imo anyway.

This is simply nonsense. I highly doubt even half of 50k within Ibrox know the words to daddy’s uniform. Perhaps you are getting confused with a fathers advice?
Don’t ever. And I mean EVER. Accuse me of mixing up my loyalist tunes brother. That’s almost as offensive as someone thinking I am silver MyGers lol.

Watch the games back - I will find the clip. But also, v Bheasts in semi final a Daddy’s Uniform VERY loud.

I like them. They bring so much to the stadium.

My wee boy also loves them.

My issue is simple- trying to constantly sing about Bobby Sands, the IRA and building gallows is pointless and gives the perception they are somehow trying to counter the groin brigade in their plastic paddy/political clusterfck.

It’s not an uncommon observation among most of our fans. Leave that shite to that mob and sing our songs loud and proud.
We don't need the UBs for some traditional Ulster songs. As a population we have been the one true friend to Ulster for decades with or without the UBs. Our non football songs have also been cut away dramatically in the last ten years.

Don't know who started 80s and 70s songs for players, but from those songs we see people getting behind them and ensuring our song sheet will evolve.

I've plenty of NI friends as many on here do, I'm happy to show my support, and we are synonymous with that culture, even if the Ulser songs are fewer than ever.

Hoping this thread doesn’t get derailed with nonsense but just to ask/suggest to the UB not to raise the massive flag at the front of the Broomloan when there is an attack.

I’ve sat in SW5 for 17 years now and the end of last season and today it was effectively a restricted view seat with the flag just hanging in midair when we are crossing the ball in to the box totally covering the goal at that end.

Not a bashing thread, just to raise awareness that the most important part of the pitch is being blocked off for a couple of hundred fellow fans.
I'm with you on this. I'm at the end of WE and it is a cracking area and we stand every game and due to the proximity of the UB even dour run of the mill games there's always a good atmosphere. However, today was noticeable regarding the big flag being waved when we were attacking our end. A few times I couldn't see a thing when a cross was coming in from the Govan side so would appreciate it if the flag could be kept down during these times. Thanks.

We don't need the UBs for some traditional Ulster songs. As a population we have been the one true friend to Ulster for decades with or without the UBs. Our non football songs have also been cut away dramatically in the last ten years.

Don't know who started 80s and 70s songs for players, but from those songs we see people getting behind them and ensuring our song sheet will evolve.

I've plenty of NI friends as many on here do, I'm happy to show my support, and we are synonymous with that culture, even if the Ulser songs are fewer than ever.
I’ve nothing against what you say. Proper songs like Derrys Walls can stir the soul.

Singing about Bobby Sands, the Pope and the IRA isn’t showing our friendship for anyone. It isn’t even something that is sung at Windsor Park anymore. It should’ve been binned from Ibrox long before now.

Dear me! Lets stop bashing our own fans. Its the flag, its the drum, its the songs, its the mic! Have I missed anything out?

I’ll call bullshit on this, you could have went anywhere in the stadium last week and you decided to go home?

At away games most people don’t go to their allocated seats and it’s a free for all!
Call Bullshit all you want but it happened
There’s people not sitting in allocated seats and then there’s union bears squashing into an area and overcrowding with no care for anyone else

Same watching them on Tuesday
Flags waved for 90 minutes where people would’ve spent hundreds to go there and and faced with restrictions as wee boys want to wave flags for 90 minutes

I’ve nothing against what you say. Proper songs like Derrys Walls can stir the soul.

Singing about Bobby Sands, the Pope and the IRA isn’t showing our friendship for anyone. It isn’t even something that is sung at Windsor Park anymore. It should’ve been binned from Ibrox long before now.
Aye the pope stuff can get in the bin. Pointless drivel.

Apparently everyone has to dress the same and isn't allowed to film anything or take pictures on their phone haha!

Taking a picture is different to whipping a phone out during certain tunes, having a camera clearly identifying people

It’s grassing behaviour to video others singing whilst you’re behind a camera. Rightly getting called out

Attended the game today. First in a while. And before y'all pile on, don't worry, I don't. Been going to Ibrox since I was a kid.when I can attend, I go. Finances now dictate. Anyway, sat in BF3. Union Bears relentless noise. Love the atmosphere they create. Superb

People wanting to film other folk and post them on social media is Scumbag behaviour and anyone doing so should be identified and removed from our support.
Grassing behaviour that gets others in trouble, whilst the person videoing is behind the camera so unidentifiable

Always the same at euro aways/domestic aways

No one will tell me not to record or take pictures of something at Ibrox if I choose to do so and no one should try to stop me doing so.
The point about the recording is don’t video certain songs with a camera in peoples faces that make others identifiable

“No one should try to stop me doing so”. Ok haha. So what if others tell you not to video them, you just going to do so anyway? Not everyone would take no for an answer

Quite simply asking for no filming in the section where the UB are situated that leaflet in the most part. We all seen what happened at Ross County last season, a well respected supporters bus practically being banned as a result of some mindless behaviour and a handful, desperate for social media likes, are recording it which caused it to become a massive issue.

Also encouraged that everyone backs the team for 90 minutes but that clearly didn’t suit your agenda.

The dress code is much like when they encouraged everyone in Seville to wear Royal Blue. It’s well known amongst those who “follow” ultras culture that if a group all wear 1 similar colour they look more like a group. I understand that might not mean a lot too many people, but to ultras, it’s incredibly important, and looks much better.

It’s ok though, someone mentioned the UB so we need to pile in and completely and utterly slaughter them. I’d bet you were lauding it over people with their tifos in Europe and their pyro show on the Clyde etc.

Not a lot of care being shown to a group of fellow Rangers fans minding their own business being left unable to see the game by the actions of others. Actions which are generally irrelevant to whether Rangers win a game of football or not.

Good luck to you OP.

As with most things on here. Folk end up talking about something thats not the topic at hand and the people being challenged start pointing and declaring all sorts of sweeping statements about others.

Singing. Irrelevant. Cameras. Irrelevant.

If an RSC wanted to surf a banner over your head for 90 minutes at Ibrox every week with you having paid several hundred pounds for a Season Ticket, would you be happy. Should the offenders not be told to chuck it ?

Why should this be different ? Other than its just an entire goal the OP cant see.

Don’t ever. And I mean EVER. Accuse me of mixing up my loyalist tunes brother. That’s almost as offensive as someone thinking I am silver MyGers lol.

Watch the games back - I will find the clip. But also, v Bheasts in semi final a Daddy’s Uniform VERY loud.
I’m not picking a side here but you’re coming across slightly unhinged.

If an RSC wanted to surf a banner over your head for 90 minutes at Ibrox every week with you having paid several hundred pounds for a Season Ticket, would you be happy. Should the offenders not be told to chuck it ?

Why should this be different ? Other than its just an entire goal the OP cant see.
Well they are different scenarios.

One is having a moving flag being up on a few occasions when the action is in the final third (which I can understand being annoyed at if it is obstructing a view as it moves)

The other scenario is a flag being over you for 90 minutes so you get to see none of the game as it doesn’t move and is there the whole time completely obstructing your entire view of anything other than the underside of a flag.

They aren’t the same thing

Also, he didn’t miss a goal as the goals were scored at the other end of the stadium and the flag would only obstruct the Broomloan goal if it was up so the reality he may have missed Lawrence hit the bar, but none of the goals

Quite simply asking for no filming in the section where the UB are situated that leaflet in the most part. We all seen what happened at Ross County last season, a well respected supporters bus practically being banned as a result of some mindless behaviour and a handful, desperate for social media likes, are recording it which caused it to become a massive issue.

Also encouraged that everyone backs the team for 90 minutes but that clearly didn’t suit your agenda.

The dress code is much like when they encouraged everyone in Seville to wear Royal Blue. It’s well known amongst those who “follow” ultras culture that if a group all wear 1 similar colour they look more like a group. I understand that might not mean a lot too many people, but to ultras, it’s incredibly important, and looks much better.

It’s ok though, someone mentioned the UB so we need to pile in and completely and utterly slaughter them. I’d bet you were lauding it over people with their tifos in Europe and their pyro show on the Clyde etc.
Outstanding post brother.

The point about the recording is don’t video certain songs with a camera in peoples faces that make others identifiable

“No one should try to stop me doing so”. Ok haha. So what if others tell you not to video them, you just going to do so anyway? Not everyone would take no for an answer
Excellent post brother. You can bet your bottom dollar the people filming are those DESPERATE for social media likes to fill the empty void of a severe lack of MyGers points.

Its their section whether you like it or not.

The club agree too as season ticket transfers in are sorted by the group and enacted by the ticket office.
News to me, been trying to get a swap out of BF1 to an OAP section for 2 years now! Messaged Union Bears this summer after TO knocked me back again and still no joy!

Was that not at Parkhead, the 0-0 game?

The clip used to do the rounds on twitter

Agree with the OP re the flag, can be a pain in the arse especially at away matches.

However they are bang on re filming etc. No need and those posting on social media should get their tickets taken off them

Why don't you start songs then

Ibrox of all places should be free of references to any of this. If you want to hear about the pope go to an RC chapel. Ibrox is all about Rangers.

Bet you've sung NPOR. Are you saying everyone who has criticised the Pope in a derogatory fashion at a football match is a moron?
That’s not what I said. But someone standing on their own shouting “%^*& the pope” is a moron in 2022.

NPOR is a great ditty and if it’s sung I won’t partake but wouldn’t be filming and reporting those that did ffs

Like it or lump it, loyalist songs are, were and always will be part of our fabric. If you dont like it , maybe look for something else, because its not changing anytime soon.

I keep reading this that it’s part of our fabric, culture, history and everything else but who’s fabric is it a part of? Rangers football club? Rangers protestant fans?… What about our Muslim, Hindu, Sikhi, Jewish, Buddhist fans maybe even catholic? Is all part of their fabric?
Or what about the people that go to the games that know nothing about why they songs are sung or even what the songs mean or what they are attached to? Is it still part of their fabric?

Hoping this thread doesn’t get derailed with nonsense but just to ask/suggest to the UB not to raise the massive flag at the front of the Broomloan when there is an attack.

I’ve sat in SW5 for 17 years now and the end of last season and today it was effectively a restricted view seat with the flag just hanging in midair when we are crossing the ball in to the box totally covering the goal at that end.

Not a bashing thread, just to raise awareness that the most important part of the pitch is being blocked off for a couple of hundred fellow fans.
They did the same at Union away, blocking the view of several people and leading to some aggressive comments.

I get it, it's part of the group but it doesn't have to be waving all the fucking time.

Wish they’d had such a dominant presence in Seville

Haha ffs. Are you okay?

At no point have 50,000 at Ibrox ever belted out Daddy’s uniform. Never. And I’ll stand with that. You’re lucky if 3-4000 join in with that. As I said half the stadium wouldn’t even know the words for a start.

Sit in the same section mate and it’s always been a pain in the arse but the new bigger flag they now have has made it worse there no need for it up during the game i

I was at the semi final. Daddy’s Uniform was sung loudly, and proudly and no one was ashamed.

It was also sung loudly during one of our Euro games. I will find the clip.
I’ll await this clip as it didn’t happen :)) . I note with interest you’ve also downgraded within two posts from “ the whole stadium BELTED out daddy’s uniform during our European run” to finding one clip from one game.

Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back