Genius - 34 Messi Magic Moments

Anyone that says Ronaldo is a better footballer than Lionel Messi either are not being honest or know hee haw about football.
It's called a opinion bud. Some folks are Messi some Ronaldo. Doesn't make them right or wrong. For the record it's got to be Ronaldo though. He has has done it in a few different leagues and internationally. Not much in it though.

We won't fully appreciate this guy until he's retired. You can debate whether any other player has similar levels of skill, but the pace this guy does it at is incredible. He's like Maradona on fast-forward. GOAT for me.

I was lucky enough to see Messi live against Valencia a couple of years ago. I specifically watched him. His movement off the ball is incredible. You could see the centre half looking for him, spotting him, then completely losing him all within about 30 seconds.

We are privileged to see him and Ronaldo playing to the level they do.

We wont see the likes of messi again. The game has evolved if thats the right word where the dribbling taking players on is being coached out of the kids it's all about formations passing finding space.

I can remember watching his first goal for barca came on as a sub scored a lovely goal. Offside. About 3 minutes later scored an identical goal that was allowed

Cristiano Ronaldo is an unbelievable footballer. Truly oneof the greats. We are all lucky to have been able to see him.

messi is better. He’s from another planet.

For me you could put Ronaldo at centre-half, right back or centre mid and he would still be in the reckoning for best player in the world. He is just the complete footballer.

Messi is just untouchable as a forward.

Messi is the best at what he does. Ronaldo is the best at what everyone does.

Brilliant. You can't help but feel 10 years old again watching that. Makes you dream of being a footballer all over again.

I do however argue that he is made to look even better as defenders etc must just be sh*t scared to even attemp to tackle for absolute fear of looking stupid, and in turn looks like he's turned up another gear.

Nothing away from that though. Glorious to watch.

I was lucky enough to see Messi live against Valencia a couple of years ago. I specifically watched him. His movement off the ball is incredible. You could see the centre half looking for him, spotting him, then completely losing him all within about 30 seconds.

We are privileged to see him and Ronaldo playing to the level they do.

I seen Ronaldo live at the San siro against Inter. 1-1.
Done absolutely nothing for the whole game then BAM! 1-1!
And his 600th goal I believe. Which is absolutely ridiculous isn't it?

It's called a opinion bud. Some folks are Messi some Ronaldo. Doesn't make them right or wrong. For the record it's got to be Ronaldo though. He has has done it in a few different leagues and internationally. Not much in it though.

I can never understand this thinking - it’s to be in defiance of your very eyes.

Messi would 100% want to play for the tims and Ronaldo would want to play for us if given the choice.

Thats why Messi is a cheating, tippy tappa, diving little left footer who needed hormones and stetroids to be able to play professional football.

Facts.

Messi is the greatest footballer I've had the pleasure the watch play the game.
To have him and Ronaldo (who is also just on another planet) continually push each other the way they did was incredible.
It's going to be a sad day when they retire.

Messi is the most individual team player you’ve ever seen.
ronaldo is the most individual, selfish and single minded player you’ve ever seen.

id rather have the team player.
Messi is the greatest. There’s no comparison.

Even in the pantheon of greats, cruyff (my personal favourite before messi), best, Pele, maradona, beckenbauer et al, Messi is head and shoulders above them all, because for the last 15 or so years, he has consistently dragged his team to winning titles and cups, scoring 40+ a season, every season just about and all while playing for the sheer love of it, and not to mention the little bits of genius he throws in now and again.

the man is a genius, more than the rest, and that’s saying something. There’s no comparison.

This argument is bullshit, we are blessed to have both him and Ronaldo at the same time
My feelings as well.
They're both exceptional at different things.
Messi is a footballing genius.
Ronaldo is a footballing machine.

So blessed to have seen them. Never mind some of the other guys of my generation like Zidane, Bergkamp, Henry, Gerrard, Lampard, Del Piero, Ronadinho, R9 etc etc

Went off wee Messi with his anti football comments, after Dailly and Broadfoot never gave him a sniff at Ibrox. Fast forward to playing Chelsea under Mourinho. His park the bus tactic was hailed as genius, with no comment from the wee genius. Cristiano Ronaldo loyal

Both of them are great footballers who will go down in the top-tier alongside Pele, Ronaldo and Maradona.

C. Ronaldo is like a machine. He is a perfect physical specimen who has trained and trained and trained to become as explosive and as powerful as a forward can be. He is ruthless in front of goal and demands the best from those around him.

Messi is more like an artist - he was born with the talent he has. I don't think anyone has ever had his ability to read the game, it's almost supernatural in the way he knows not only what he will be doing five passes ahead, but what his team mates and the opposition will be doing five passes ahead. I've never seen a footballer control a ball like Messi.

Personally, I'll take the artist every day of the week, but that doesn't mean that you can't admire the machine.

I can't see who will provide such entertainment coming through at the moment.

I've learned to just enjoy him and Ronaldo, 2 superior beings

best player I've seen in my life time so far, the way he can control and manipulate a football is unreal, plus the consistency and longevity of his career is unmatched, to me Ronaldo is a machine relentless and lethal, can do everything a footballer can be taught to do at the highest level possible, where as Messi is beyond that, he's an artist and can do things no coaches has even thought of.

Both of them are great footballers who will go down in the top-tier alongside Pele, Ronaldo and Maradona.

C. Ronaldo is like a machine. He is a perfect physical specimen who has trained and trained and trained to become as explosive and as powerful as a forward can be. He is ruthless in front of goal and demands the best from those around him.

Messi is more like an artist - he was born with the talent he has. I don't think anyone has ever had his ability to read the game, it's almost supernatural in the way he knows not only what he will be doing five passes ahead, but what his team mates and the opposition will be doing five passes ahead. I've never seen a footballer control a ball like Messi.

Personally, I'll take the artist every day of the week, but that doesn't mean that you can't admire the machine.

A very succinct comparison.

For me it’s as simple as Messi being able to do things on a football pitch that no one else can. It’s the very essence of why we all love the game.

To be able to run at defenders with pace and skill and dribble past them for fun is the very pinnacle of any aspiring footballer’s repertoire.

From those early days playing for school and junior teams when occasionally there would be that kid who was just head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch, well that’s Messi, only he’s doing it at the highest level there is.

The thrill of watching him pick the ball up and slalom past four of five players to stick it in the back of the net has become almost humdrum in its frequency.

Some players may have one or two great solo goals like that in their entire career; Messi has them every other week.

So as much as I think Cristiano Ronaldo is a tremendous talent and will rightly take his place in the pantheon of the games greatest ever players when he finally hangs up his boots, to continually pit him against Messi for the title of the worlds best player is actually quite ludicrous - the little Argentinian is so obviously in a class all of his own.

Someone once said "When defining genius, it's also important to realise this is a status that is never fully reached. Instead, it is something to aspire to."

But surely this guy has.

Aye, very good. I think he'd get a game for Rangers all right. :rolleyes:

Back