George Square Repair Bill In Full (£58k)

The real FOI should be between Police Scotland and GCC.

1. Was there a request to remove benches and scaffolding.
2. If yes, why weren't they removed?
3. If no, why?
4. Were there GCC cleansing staff on duty on Sunday?
5. Were extra called out?

Those questions are a start and not exhaustive.

That is a total joke. The GCC employee pulling this together must have been laughing as they typed it.

It is either a massive exaggeration, or GCC are throwing resources and money around with total abandon.

They struggle as it is to keep up with normal bin collections and keeping the streets tidy, yet they managed to assemble a large armada of staff and vehicles at short notice, running around Glasgow overnight tidying up after those terrible Rangers fans and their empties.

Either way, it is no wonder that councial is falling apart.

Not even sure what the middle one means and its over 1/3 of the total.
1/3 is about right for people hours. Always the most expensive part of anything.

This is where a properly run C1872 should shouting this down as flouted about by the SNP, GCC and the mhedia as £58k worth of damage in George Sq. But turns out the “bill” includes everywhere else that we weren’t.

All of that is just an absolute lie.

What needs to happen is for these corrupt fucking idiots to provide unequivocal proof that these works actually took place.

I would bet my yearly salary that not even half of a quarter of this nonsense actually happened.

What’s worse, those charges are done by people who actually get PAID by this corrupt mob of rangers and Britain hating bastards. It’s done by employees who earn a wage from this council, via us the taxpayer. It’s a fucking joke and I would love for this mob to prove it.
Half of a quarter , mate why not just say an eighth , just having a laugh bud

All Glaswegians have already contributed through exorbitant council tax charges.

(Just as they have contributed to the policing and clean-ups at the Sharkheid protests, the Hampden 'retrospective cup final', and Partick Thistle's 'party' in Maryhill. And also have probably contributed to sweeping up after the jolly Tartan Army at Glasgow Green.)

The £22k clean up bill in the middle of the list seems to be the majority of Glasgow (if I am reading it correctly) and not just George Square?

Were any Bears in Glasgow Green?

A FOI request to both Police Scotland and the council the weekend of the TRNSMT festival in September should make interesting reading.
You can get your bottom dollar that the cost to repair the ground within the park as well as the areas surrounding isn’t anywhere near that amount.

It’s a fucking ludicrous amount of money to pull out of thin air, considering they won’t actually be paying any staff any additional monies to actually do the work they are employed to do.

As usual, two tier governance and two tier policing on its full show here today.

Genuinely, if that’s what they’re claiming the cost of the George Square party was then it’s transparent fiction. The three most glaring lies:

1) the plant works took place from the Monday to the Friday…that is, after the demonstration on the Sunday. So how can they attribute the damage to the Saturday?

2) likewise the bench damage and statues

3) the cleaning wasn’t suddenly called out…it was the night shift. They were on shift because there is always a shift on. it’s not additional expense, therefore not a cost arising from the Saturday party.

Just shows how desperate these bastards are to attack us.

Utter fantasy. I can't wait on the costings of other events in the future.
GCC are run by absolute charlatans. Never forget the damage these clowns are doing our club. We must call them out at every opportunity. Riddled with them from top to bottom.

Is this to help out the tims who can't afford a season mentioned in that fuckin bheggars letter from semi colon Joe....Or maybe for the hoops bar fund

They are paying £1k to get a cherry picker to further assess the damage to the statue and scaffolding?

1. Glasgow city council don’t have their own cherry picker?
2. A grand to lease one for what can only be 2 days max?

6 new benches at a grand each. For those shitey wooden benches? A grand? Bought in bulk and your telling me this is the best price?

The cronyism and corruption in GCC is off the scale

Have they factored in the costs of creating the spreadsheet and the itemised costs?

I assume Susan Airken will be sending a cheque to South Ayrshire Council for the clean up of the mess caused by Glaswegians when they visit.

And Sturgeon will be sending a cheque to the city of London for the damage caused by the tartan mob.

Didn't think so.

So they can %^*& off.

interesting enough i designed a repair scheme for the statues and it was implemented a few years ago - you would be doing well to cause any instability to them now.

What's the difference between...

1 No memorial bench to be replaced - bench and plaque
3 No benches are beyond repair - cost to replace
2 No benches can't be repaired - cost to replace ...????

Is this just to pad out the bill rather than saying 6 replacement benches , one with palque ???

Over 6k for 6 benches is just lies.

Maybe I'm missing something here, and I admit I havn't read every post in the thread, but who are they planning to bill for this? RFC aren't responsible, fan groups, be they official or unofficial are not responsible, just who the feck are they sendind the bill to? No-one. thats who. Its simply putting out false information/ costs to the general public in an effort to blacken the name of RFC and its fanbase. Nobody should pay a dime, its the councils responsiblity to keep the city clean.

It involes Rangers suporters so think of a number and double it, then add fifty quid. Thats snp logic for you.

how much money did we generate to the Glasgow Business purse. I myself spent a fortune.
Good question. Because if all that matters is the cost of cleanup, the implication is the event wasn't worth the trouble. If we see the value of the economic activity, any normal person realises it's more complicated than just the cost of cleanup.

Which begs the question of why GCC would allow events at all? What's the difference between two events with large cleanup/hosting costs - say us in George Square, versus the Euro Fanzone? Why is the cost of one "worthwhile", while the other is treated like the worst thing to ever happen to Scotland?

Politics. Events that give the SNP political capital or advance their agenda are Good, events that are of no value to the SNP or challenge their agenda are Very Very Bad.

Getting to be a f$%##d up state of affairs when the people are not allowed to congregate being smeared by the weight of the Scottish establishment, unless the establishment approves.

Back