Gerrard has to take a look at himself in this

Buffalo

He is correct in regards some of the players however his continual changing of the back 4 creates massive inconsistency, his constant tinkering of the team causes inconsistency.

Add to that some of his picks have been strange to say the least, he seems very reactive before a game, and not very reactive during a game.

Worral has continually let him down, yet still gets the nod ahead of Katic.
Ejaria has done very little since Motherwell away, 2nd league game of the season and again today he brings on the 1 player who will slow the game down when we need the complete opposite.
Ryan Jack - I just don't see it, I really do not see what he contributes and how he keeps his place, St Mirren away, Hearts away, Today, Wednesday, he just doesn't have the drive forward or nous to play in CM for us.
Kyle Lafferty is fast becoming a big fat waste of money, Sadiq was rightly criticised and then not to be seen again since Aberdeen in the cup, Lafferty though is offering very very similar to Sadiq and that is nothing at all.
Flanagan coming in on Wednesday after Hallidays performance vs Hears, what was he thinking?
Grezda done ok so far but today went missing, jury is majorly out however our fans were well on the way to having Pena down as a dud, a waster and were on Caixhinas back for wasting £2m on him, when he had contributed more than Grezda. I think and I hope he comes good, but again Gerrard needs questioned on it.

Out of those 6 players, 5 of them were signed by him and 3 of them have been given chance after chance and done very little.

The worrying , the really worrying part of this is that if Morelos hadn't been in the form he has been in we could quite easily be sitting 5th or 6th position.

As much as Gerrard is right to slate the players, Aberdeen away, Motherwell Away, Aberdeen at Home, Livingston Away and Today have all been down to some bad decisions made by him and his team, tactically, starting line up wise, changes during the game - I keep hearing he is learning, well so far he hasn't learnt, and as much as he has to be given time, he is not immune to the criticism and someone needs to sit down with him and tell him what mistakes he is making, as he is making just as much as the players that he is slating after every poor performance.

January is going to be huge for him, and the recruitment needs to be far better ,and he needs to have a settled back 4 that is allowed to gel and allowed to settle.

We can't afford the mistakes in the transfer market that it looks like we have made again this summer.

He is correct in regards some of the players however his continual changing of the back 4 creates massive inconsistency, his constant tinkering of the team causes inconsistency.

Add to that some of his picks have been strange to say the least, he seems very reactive before a game, and not very reactive during a game.

Ejaria has done very little since Motherwell away, 2nd league game of the season and again today he brings on the 1 player who will slow the game down when we need the complete opposite.
Ryan Jack - I just don't see it, I really do not see what he contributes and how he keeps his place, St Mirren away, Hearts away, Today, Wednesday, he just doesn't have the drive forward or nous to play in CM for us.
Kyle Lafferty is fast becoming a big fat waste of money, Sadiq was rightly criticised and then not to be seen again since Aberdeen in the cup, Lafferty though is offering very very similar to Sadiq and that is nothing at all.
Flanagan coming in on Wednesday after Hallidays performance vs Hears, what was he thinking?
Grezda done ok so far but today went missing, jury is majorly out however our fans were well on the way to having Pena down as a dud, a waster and were on Caixhinas back for wasting £2m on him, when he had contributed more than Grezda. I think and I hope he comes good, but again Gerrard needs questioned on it.

Out of those 6 players, 5 of them were signed by him and 3 of them have been given chance after chance and done very little.

The worrying , the really worrying part of this is that if Morelos hadn't been in the form he has been in we could quite easily be sitting 5th or 6th position.

As much as Gerrard is right to slate the players, Aberdeen away, Motherwell Away, Aberdeen at Home, Livingston Away and Today have all been down to some bad decisions made by him and his team, tactically, starting line up wise, changes during the game - I keep hearing he is learning, well so far he hasn't learnt, and as much as he has to be given time, he is not immune to the criticism and someone needs to sit down with him and tell him what mistakes he is making, as he is making just as much as the players that he is slating after every poor performance.

January is going to be huge for him, and the recruitment needs to be far better ,and he needs to have a settled back 4 that is allowed to gel and allowed to settle.

We can't afford the mistakes in the transfer market that it looks like we have made again this summer.

The really worrying part is that if our players weren't playing well we'd be worse off? No shît!

What worries me is that I don't think he is learning constantly making the same mistakes .

Same f**king problem last 3 managers. Same old sh**e. Go to the games. All the games, yet, same old feeling. We go on. No matter what, we follow on. We are the people.

I posted on Wednesday that we must understand and have a bit of patience
That still remains the case .

I expected a big reaction today based on acceptable levels of performance that's very worrying that there was none .... it's very much like the last few years in that respect .

This will be a huge test for the manager
Of his ability to arrest and ensure his instructions are followed with a big performance now essential next week .

We have a new guy in charge and his above expectation performance so far has now evaporated and he's under a bit off pressure to drag a bit of uplift out of them .

Our disappoint must not cloud the positives we can see it's the expectation the desire that's killing us .

Septic maybe financial way ahead but their squad not so much and they are not that much better but have the confidence and winning habit and big game experience to turn it on like they need to (see yesterday).
We had to respond but did not have it about us .. hopefully within a window or two we can fix this .

In the short-term to all my fellow fans no point screaming about every bad decision as for example today we just did not lay a glove on 10 men .

What we all need is a bit of real patience and however hard it is just remain calm I know we want it yesterday but with a new squad and manager etc it will happen but not overnight.

Enjoy being a bear... and take the bumps ... they will make the good times even better.

Just calm Down a bit troops .

Last edited:
Part of the blame?

He signed most of that team

He coaches the team

He picks the team

He sets the tactics of the team

He makes the changes during a game.

The old saying goes, the buck stops with the manager.

If this were Pedro or Warburton this simply wouldn't be a thread.

He has to take a very big part of the blame. The players need to pull the finger out though.

He probably does.

He’s a new manager learning his trade - mistakes will happen.

“Sure they will. That’s understandable. No problem. He needs time and patience.”

That’s what we all said at the start of August, remember?

Absolutely and as much as I am peed off at him, he should be here for the long term unless things go really badly.

The manager with the best quality players looks like the best manager over a season.

Stevie needs better players, it’s that simple.
He needs a starting 11 first and foremost and players should fight their way into the starting 11.

At the moment you can just rock up and stick in a performance, play well/play badly chances are you’ll be rotated the next game anyway.

Players need to feel that if they don’t play well their next start could be months away not a couple of weeks.

The thing that concerns me is that he said there might not be any signings in January.

He is a rookie,and by definition needs to learn.Can he learn? Will he Learn? We are about to find out in the coming weeks and months.His biggest problem is he has raised expectations to a level amongst some of the support that the team have no chance of reaching, and ultimately that could be his undoing.

Part of the blame?

He coaches the team

He picks the team

Yip 100% mate.

I know to win the title and progress in Europe we need a higher standard of player but to beat Livingston Motherwell Aberdeen and 10 man Dundee surely we have got higher qualiry of player than all those teams

I have my doubts now, but what else is there but on to the next game and see how it goes, expectation level is zero.

We started with 3 wingers, it wasn’t working we took one off halftime due to injury and put another one on !

It was a Groundhog Day re run of Wednesday night.

What we should have done on Wednesday and today to combat the teams sitting back was flung a centre half up top and hope for a break of the ball rather than flinging aimless balls into the box , well had they managed to get it by the first man in the first instance.

Steven Gerrard is a proud man and he, for sure, will be having a look at himself as well, as his playing staff. The disappointment of the last week is, of course, huge but back in July, guess that quite a few of us would have settled in being second top of the league and one game away from a potential Euro knockout place. To be in this position is below the level of our ambition for our great club but it always takes time for things to settle down.

Support the team and manager is unconditional

If we wanted to change a manager every time it didn’t go our way ffs we would as well givin up

Same fukers moaning are prob the ones that didn’t want to give up there seat
when we as supporters didn’t give in to the rats that was in our club

Let’s be realistic here

Second place in league at Xmas
One game away from last 32 in Europe

Woukd we have taken that at beginning of season ?????

U fukin bet we would have

We don’t need serious money, we need to spend what we have very well. Chill out Bear
For a start, I keep saying this,we badly need a strong midfield holding player that creates and scores a few goals a season.That takes at least 5 million, no doubt about it.
Spending 1 or 2 million trying to find players like this doesn't happen.Or worse,loans.
Imo,the scumballs are at the top for a long while to come. The only hope we have of success in the near future is a trophy and that won't be the title, sadly.

Part of the blame?

He coaches the team

He picks the team

He signed most of the team, yet our best performers this seasons were here when he arrived.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I think this is a little premature given SG is 6 months and one transfer window in.

Taking on the team he did and achieving what we have is good, it's not great but given that this time last year pedro had us knocked out of europe by progres and Murty was taking over the first team I'm relatively happy.

I don't think he is immune from criticism, but the only real issue I have is the poor disciplinary record and I feel we're surviving with two strikers.

This time next season we'll see how far we've gone from now. We're all desperate for 55 But we need to be realistic.

Two games ago we were amazing, now we've dropped 5 points in 2 games, although we probably rated 4 points over the piece (We were comfortably the best team in both games, despite playing well in neither). We're doing well, it's not always feast or famine, it has been a disappointing week though.

We don’t need serious money, we need to spend what we have very well. Chill out Bear

This is exactly it.

We brought in 15 players more than an entire team but if you look at the stats who has been involved the most games (outfield players) it is,

Tavernier
Goldson
Morelos
Ejaria
Candeias
Arfield
Kent
Flanagan
Jack
Coulibaly
Halliday
Middleton

Katic

Almost half were already at the club and it can be argued Arfield was signed in principle before Gerrard was announced.

Yes a few have had injuries but I’m sure Dorrans and Murphy would be in the list above had it not been for those.

We have replaced squad players with squad players and they are playing regularly.

We are needing quality not quantity.

Don’t doubt for a second he does - his career suggests he is aware of self analysis

He also is learning his changes in terms of subs aren’t predictable and purely as a process of time he will be learning

It’s been 6 months..

15 signings to be 3 points ahead of St Johnstone and 1 penalty goal from 3 meetings with Dolly.

They're your signings Stevie

Part of the blame?

He coaches the team

He picks the team

Do you mean Pedro who got pumped by Progres?

I think we know enough about the manager, even this early on, to know that he will be seeing how he can improve as a manager. We are in good hands; this was never a short term project, and not backing the manager solves nothing. I expect he knows a lot more now, in terms of what this club needs, than he did when he took the job. Give him time.

Many many good points and some not so good in this post. Very early days for our rookie manager and some of the rubbish I have read tonight is way over the top. However Gerrard was a fabulous footballer but in the past one or two have failed to cut it as managers,I pray he isn’t going to fall into this category. Some saying he didn’t offer much from the sidelines today and looked rather bamboozeled throughout the 90 minutes. Personally I don’t know if shouting instructions from the sidelines makes any difference,very difficult to influence the game when you are not on the park.

Do you mean Pedro who got pumped by Progres?

Pedro losing to Progres doesn’t make this any better.

Gerrard and Pedro (in the league games with his own team) had exactly the same points after the same amount of games.

18 points from ten games, we are now 31 points from 16 games.

We have won 3 games in a row only once out of 32 matches. That was the big stick everyone was using to beat Pedro. Pedro has gone but let’s not use his results to mask the fact we just aren’t much better domestically despite bringing in 15 players at over £10million.

15 signings to be 3 points ahead of St Johnstone and 1 penalty goal from 3 meetings with Dolly.

They're your signings Stevie

Away and support Celtic if all you care about is winning.

As I said in another thread. SG has shown me that he can improve the team (defensively we are much better than last year). If there are still horrific problems with the midfield this time next year I will ask questions but SG deserves our support and patience. The way I felt at the Maribor, Vienna and Villarreal games was like pre-2011 - I believe that with the right investment SG can bring us 55.

Was surprised when saw line up . Four wingers two midfielders one that’s hardly played in two years. Think he got it wrong today but still doesn’t excuse players playing bad. Old King Kenny taking the piss out of two centre half’s not the best.

Part of the blame?

He coaches the team

He picks the team

Why wouldn't it be a thread if it was pedro or warburton in charge?

As I said in another thread. SG has shown me that he can improve the team (defensively we are much better than last year). If there are still horrific problems with the midfield this time next year I will ask questions but SG deserves our support and patience. The way I felt at the Maribor, Vienna and Villarreal games was like pre-2011 - I believe that with the right investment SG can bring us 55.
What an absolutely ridiculous post. Winning is what Rangers Football Club is all about and the day it isn't is the day the doors are shut for good.

He probably does.

He’s a new manager learning his trade - mistakes will happen.

“Sure they will. That’s understandable. No problem. He needs time and patience.”

That’s what we all said at the start of August, remember?

Hollow words from a lot of people, despite that notion of patience and time being a fact. Read the same with Warburton too, didn't last long.

Winning is everything, 2nd is nothing

We're an utter car crash at the back, the back 4 are all over the place & we've only had 4 clean sheets in the league this season.

Back