Gerrard makes his feelings known to Ross Wilson about Kamara

Ha its mental to think I could have afforded to buy Glem Kamara.
1625782-usaf_f_117_nighthawk_formation__1_.jpg

Particularly important to get him signed up ahead of the Euros next summer as if he has even a reasonable tournament then we are likely to be fighting off interest in him
Being honest(and I'm not suggesting we sell our best players en masse), getting top dollar for the likes of Kamara next season might prevent us having to sell any other player for a whole season- and give us enough funds to upgrade the team in the process while becoming self sustaining.

I think he’s gone up a couple of levels this season. He would cost many millions to replace so get him signed on a long term contract.

Being honest(and I'm not suggesting we sell our best players en masse), getting top dollar for the likes of Kamara next season might prevent us having to sell any other player for a whole season- and give us enough funds to upgrade the team in the process while becoming self sustaining.

We really need to accept that someone will go Cav, based on our very strategy, but it could be any one of 5 players now ?

Morelos
Kent
Kamara
Borna
Aribo

Get Kamara tied down with a big release clause, cause after the Euros, an English team will definitely trigger it

We really need to accept that someone will go Cav, based on our very strategy, but it could be any one of 5 players now ?

Morelos
Kent
Kamara
Borna
Aribo
FWIW I posted a few times in different threads my take on a '5 year plan' that we might Implement if all goes well:
Year one- Morelos
Year two- Kamara and Barasic
Year three- Kent
Year four- Aribo
Year five- Hagi

Something like that could work to give us funding to continually improve while being sustainable at the same time.
Apologies to you and those that have heard me bleat on about it but with Beale and Wilson in key positions I think once we secure 55 we could easily dominate for a long period of time once more.

Yeah, I agree. I think Kamara is a fantastic player, but for the run of the mill league games, I'm not 100% sure his skill set is fully utilised and if we were able to secure a good fee and reinvest a portion of it then Id be happy with that.

Reactions: cav
Both have played their consistently best ever football for the club this last 3 months in my opinion.
I thought Tav started poorly by his standards then just hit his stride form wise.
He and Goldson have done of late something we've accused them of lacking at times in their Rangers careers,

They've led the team.Surely even their harshest critics should be giving them enormous credit.

FWIW I posted a few times in different threads my take on a '5 year plan' that we might Implement if all goes well:
Year one- Morelos
Year two- Kamara and Barasic
Year three- Kent
Year four- Aribo
Year five- Hagi

Something like that could work to give us funding to continually improve while being sustainable at the same time.
Apologies to you and those that have heard me bleat on about it but with Beale and Wilson in key positions I think once we secure 55 we could easily dominate for a long period of time once more.

Absolutely agree with your point & I guess your effectively describing the clubs long term business strategy.

And sorry for missing out Hagi. He’s got that level of potential too if he applies himself like the others have.

Kamara and Barisic have European Championship next summer, we hopefully have CL football, do we need to sell? Depends what the offer is for 2 wonderfully talented CL level players on the back of impressive major Championship performances? Sign him up and we are in a win win position

Yes, I take Ally’s point about the sale of Kamara, but I’d rather look at it differently.

If we take the 6 ( let’s say ) high sell on value players, work now on potential replacements, make sure their contracts are long enough, and then just wait on stupidly high offers ?

Then we are in the driving seat.

Kamara and Barisic have European Championship next summer, we hopefully have CL football, do we need to sell? Depends what the offer is for 2 wonderfully talented CL level players on the back of impressive major Championship performances? Sign him up and we are in a win win position
I think we're in the driving seat when it comes to selling,as much as I thought Alfie would and maybe should have gone in the transfer window past, we sent out a message that we will stick to our guns regarding fees.
Hopefully that will benefit us in the longer term.

I’d rather kept them for the CL, I appreciate we need to move one or two on though. I’m very sentimental when it comes to players though :)

And Tav mate, he and Goldson have to be a priority.
I was very critical of them both post Xmas last season but they've been invaluable so far this term.It would be a travesty if we let them run down their contracts
I'd argue that due to the fact they are in their late 20s it's probably better to just get both Tav and Goldson tied down for their prime years as they wouldn't have much resale value that consistency in the team is vital for new players settling in and learning our game quickly

Back