Gerrard playing Jones and Flannigan

Well played our Great manager he made the right call tonight. For whatever reason, this reminds me of the 3-0 away performance against Lyon. So happy tonight thank you Stevie G

Hopefully we now have a squad to rotate - which I think we need to compete Thursday Sunday. Our injury rate will be much lower as well if we can change our line up regularly.

There’s very little evidence to suggest flan is anything other than a reasonably dependable full back. Which is great.

There best player was on that side, needed a no nonsense defensive first and foremost performance. Tell you what though, Flannigan loves a tackle doesn't he?!? Brilliant tonight.

He was always going to start with Flanno.

I still feel the position needs addressed if Borna is not going to be our first pick.

Great tactics tonight. When he mentioned in the presser about 5 at the back and a tight team, I didn’t think it would suit pace, but Jones tracked back every bit as good as Candeias ever did, and the game opened up perfectly for him.

Jersey has to belong to him.

In addition to his no nonsense tackling he played some decent first time balls forward too.

Flanno has taken a fair bit of stick on here but the guy has the heart of a lion and always steps up when asked.

We really need to get behind all our players as every single one of them has a look on here.
Can't be great for the confidence getting slated.

flanagan excellent , jones was great on the break but struggled in one on ones but that was a decent performance for an away european tie from him

Flanagan deserves a thread of his own he smashed everyone, fairly, at every opportunity.

He is limited getting forward but he still when he felt safe.

Flanagan made for games like that and some performance given he was out

Came on to a right game at the tail end of last season looked a lot leaner and fitter.
Yip totally agree,jf is built for these games,a warrior with experience,I trust him

I'm just going to say that it's nice to finally see another thread on Flanagan. He's immense. Yes he won't set any records going forward but he's the best defender in the league.

Hats off to him tonight, playing Jones with Flannigan in behind was what a call, allowed Jones to get forward with not having to go overboard with defensive duties knowing he had a solid option behind him that wouldn't get forward beyond him

He got the selection bang on. Flanagan is made for away days in Europe and Jones pace is a huge asset on the break. well done gaffer.

I thought big flanno on whole played well...my only prob with him and aribo was amount of space their right mid/wing was given.

Back