Gerrard post match interview

He has made tactical changes plenty of times. A vivid one was the December 2018 when he faced down a Rodgers tactical change in the second half of that game- for a part of the second half our midfield weakened and he brought off Candeias and brought on Coulibaly, totally taking away their ascendancy; he also deployed Halliday and Kent down their right side in that game. I could go looking for more, but the easy one would be to suggest that his European record speaks for itself and proves my point anyway.

The European record speaks for itself, but so does the Domestic record.

Like it or not, these kind of games today are our bread and butter, and if we keep failing in them, it won't matter how many Group Stages or last 16's we make in Europe.

Honestly, did anyone see anything different in our style of play from last season?
Or the season before that?
A lot of the same personnel, with the same result.
It's concerning.

Some of the negative comments here today are insane. Too early for the Panic Button!!
Ok we did not win. We are top of thr league still in Europe and Plenty of games to play.
Get behind thee Team and manager for the Season and lets see how it plays out.

The European record speaks for itself, but so does the Domestic record.

Like it or not, these kind of games today are our bread and butter, and if we keep failing in them, it won't matter how many Group Stages or last 16's we make in Europe.
It wasn't tactical naivety though. Your right about these games, but as Arfield himself said, the players have manage these games better.

Steven Gerrard will never call out poor officiating. It just is not the way he operates and it is deliberate.

And why should he?

It is the remit of referees and the SFA to ensure the game is as fair as it can be. Squealing like TLB and intimidation of officials by the Orcs who follow his bitter club is never going to happen. It's not who Steven Gerrard is and not who we are.

We can overcome this handicap only by becoming so good that bad officiating cannot touch us, but that would be a first in the wide world of sport.

We are being cheated. Direct your anger to the source, don't berate a man who is probably as frustrated as we are but, being relatively new to it, is not yet at the end of his tether in the way so many Bears are.
I totally agree with you up to a point, is it going to take a career ending tackle for us to finally call out the corruption? any time Tav says anything to the ref he gets blanked it's horrible to watch, the disrespect shown to Rangers is down to the dignified silence stance we took years ago imo.

I totally agree with you up to a point, is it going to take a career ending tackle for us to finally call out the corruption? any time Tav says anything to the ref he gets blanked it's horrible to watch, the disrespect shown to Rangers is down to the dignified silence stance we took years ago imo.
That's why we need a board who are willing to fight this the corruption dosn,t stop on the field of play.

Back