Gers close to Kent loan deal with Liverpool

Bonnyloyal

An interesting one coming out this morning.

We told you how Leeds were interested in Ryan Kent and wanted to do a double deal for Harry Wilson.

But now the Scottish Daily Mail report that Rangers are close to an agreement with Liverpool to take Kent back for next season.

The winger loved his time and Glasgow and is believed to want it to happen and Rangers are confident the deal can be completed.

It’s also suggested that the move wouldn’t kill any interest in Kent’s Liverpool team-mate Sheyi Ojo.

Even taking off the blue-tinted specs it makes sense for Kent to come back next season.

Gerrard has shown that he’s prepared to play him whenever he is fit, so he’ll get plenty of game time.

He developed hugely between the start and end of last season, so Rangers have proved their coaching will continue to benefit the player.

Rangers will be playing in Europe, thus exposing Kent to another area of the game.

Kent himself seems to want to return.

If Liverpool are intent on loaning him out again then it would appear to be a no-brainer for them. Leeds would be a big unknown and therefore more of a risk.

Come on home, Ryan!

Hope we get him in early for pre season and the qualifiers.
Important we have full team fit and ready fo these qualifiers.
Davis and kamara will prob have an extended holiday because of the internationals.

Really hope this works. It does seem a bit of a gamble from Liverpool. If they are planning to sell, he may have already maximised his potential in the SPFL. YPOTY. Scored and created the winning goal against Celtic. Showcased in Europa. What more is he going to do this year? Even winning the league probably doesn’t increase his value that much and relying on a European showcase is quite a gamble. Taking blue tinted specs off, we could easily not be in it for long.

Depending on their faith in the player, Liverpool would be better selling now when he is hot or loaning to the championship where a successful spell could see his value double, not least with the recipient club wanting and able to buy him.

On the other hand, what if Liverpool are considering that he might actually make it with them? Kent has proven ability in big games. He has proven the mentality to play in front of big crowds demanding victory. The main thing that would keep him out of contention for Liverpool would be the lack of goals return. That would seem the most sensible gamble Liverpool are taking. Throwing a gauntlet down to him to increase productivity and, if he can, he has a shot at their squad.

If that’s the case then coming back to us makes sense. They’d want to keep him used to playing for a big side. And he is much more likely to keep improving and increase scoring in a side where he is comfortable and knows the systems.

If Kent does come back, I think it’s win win for us and him. It means Liverpool see a future for him and Klopp has issued him a challenge to prove with us.

Game changer if we can get him back.

I’ve no doubt if he goes out on loan again then we get him. Here’s hoping Liverpool don’t want to sell as we’d be priced out obviously.

This is a major one if we pull this off regardless of what his end product is for a moment he tears full backs apart and leaves space for others to drive into as well I have no doubts he can improve his assists and chip in with more goals and Kent will know that better than anyone else.

This is a major one if we pull this off regardless of what his end product is for a moment he tears full backs apart and leaves space for others to drive into as well I have no doubts he can improve his assists and chip in with more goals and Kent will know that better than anyone else.

Agree. I’ll be delighted & you can guarantee that his final ball will be the focus from day 1.

I've always thought he would be back, been consistent with that for months. With Ojo being a done deal though, you just scratch your head trying to work out who's going to play where :D

We'll have the following playing for two positions in our front 3:

Kent
Ojo
Jones
Hastie
Candeias
Murphy
Stewart
Middleton

It looks certain that Middleton (and probably Hastie) will need to go out on loan as they are not going to play very much and it won't be good for their development.

There's also the added issue that Arfield played his best football of the season and looked like one of the best players in the league playing in the front 3 towards the end of the season.

The manager will have a headache or two picking the team next season that's for sure.

hwwya1.jpg

Record reporting it as well now.

Fingers crossed this happens because he will be even better next season in familiar surroundings .... if we get Ojo as well we are looking really good across the front 3

Kent loves playing for Rangers. If it works, it works; it is doing his career the world of good being here at this stage if his career, and he will only get better playing here with Steven Gerrard as his manager.

I don’t think any of this will happen until Klopp has seen him during pre season.

I suspect August until we see movement.

Back