Gers close to Kent loan deal with Liverpool

With us in European action early we can't afford to wait till August we need the bulk of our transfer business done early this summer.

Agreed, but Klopp’s drivers won’t be based on our Euro games.

We need him for R3/4.

We should have enough in R1/R2.

I've always thought he would be back, been consistent with that for months. With Ojo being a done deal though, you just scratch your head trying to work out who's going to play where :D

We'll have the following playing for two positions in our front 3:

Kent
Ojo
Jones
Hastie
Candeias
Murphy
Stewart
Middleton

It looks certain that Middleton (and probably Hastie) will need to go out on loan as they are not going to play very much and it won't be good for their development.

There's also the added issue that Arfield played his best football of the season and looked like one of the best players in the league playing in the front 3 towards the end of the season.

The manager will have a headache or two picking the team next season that's for sure.

Middleton will go out on loan and DC will be moved on!

Kent/Hastie on one side
Ojo/Jones on the other
Murphy/Stewart/Arfield fighting for the No10 spot!

Ojo will also need time so we are well covered! I’m still hoping for a top class No10 but that may be wishful thinking!

At least we will have a bench that can make a difference

Could Candeias be for the off?
Think we all love DC as a guy who never gives less than 100%, however, in many of these dropped points games last season he was a major (non) contributor. Simply hasn’t the guile to penetrate these massed defences we face most weeks. Would play him in Europe, no problem, but that’s a luxury I don’t think we can afford.

Middleton will go out on loan and DC will be moved on!

Kent/Hastie on one side
Ojo/Jones on the other
Murphy/Stewart/Arfield fighting for the No10 spot!

Ojo will also need time so we are well covered! I’m still hoping for a top class No10 but that may be wishful thinking!

At least we will have a bench that can make a difference

That's no the way we play, we'd not have a striker if we did.

hwwya1.jpg

Record reporting it as well now.

0_18998680.jpg

Agreed, but Klopp’s drivers won’t be based on our Euro games.

We need him for R3/4.

We should have enough in R1/R2.

He let him join us for pre season last summer I’m sure, don’t see him being any different this year.

Edit, it was the 22nd of July he joined last year, so he may have started pre season at Liverpool. Genuinely don’t see Klopp stopping Gerrard training him for the summer though.

Ive been saying all along theres no chance of it happening.

Would really love everybody rubbing it in myself and being probved wrong haha:))
I was wracking my brain trying to think who the f uck the poster was that was telling everybody “It’s definitely not happening.” Pretty forcibly too if I recall.

Thanks.

I've always thought he would be back, been consistent with that for months. With Ojo being a done deal though, you just scratch your head trying to work out who's going to play where :D

We'll have the following playing for two positions in our front 3:

Kent
Ojo
Jones
Hastie
Candeias
Murphy
Stewart
Middleton

It looks certain that Middleton (and probably Hastie) will need to go out on loan as they are not going to play very much and it won't be good for their development.

There's also the added issue that Arfield played his best football of the season and looked like one of the best players in the league playing in the front 3 towards the end of the season.

The manager will have a headache or two picking the team next season that's for sure.

Loos a lot on the face of it however I reckon:-

Middleton will defo go on loan

Hastie I think the gaffer may see how he does in pre-season before deciding whether he is part of first team squad or whether we put him out on loan for 6month/1 year

Candeias I think will mainly be used for the harder games, IE yahoos + sheep/hibs away and europe.

Murphy obviously just coming back from really bad injury at the later stages of his career so dont think any of know how he is going to be on his return.

Stewart isnt great playing wide so think he may be utilised more in the no.10 or even a free role.

Ojo Is he defo a done deal?

Kent I will still be amazed if he is plying his trade with us this season.

Arfield I would defo have playing the inside right position, I think hes much more effective there rather than part of our mid 3.

IF we get all the names mentioned then yes defo would agree it will be a headache for the gaffer but the competition for places could only be a good thing.

Truth is if we get him back it’s like signing a £12m player for a year ,it’s HUGE .

Especially as he has had a year in the spfl ,he’s had his settling in period and he will be FAR better next season if he comes back .

If he comes then 55 is most def on

Yahoos in work not worried if we get Kent back as Lennon “ will have a plan “ to stop him :rolleyes:

Truth is they are praying we don’t get him back

What plan?

Have Lustig run in the opposite direction pretending to be injured while yelling at Johnstone as if it was his fault for tackling him?

Worked a treat....

now we know why he was waiting until end of this week to give celtic his decision

"Celtic defender Lustig is considering personal options before committing to a new deal at Celtic" which translates to " Celtic shite bag Lustig is considering growing a pair of baws prior to deciding if he wants humiliated again next season"

I was wracking my brain trying to think who the f uck the poster was that was telling everybody “It’s definitely not happening.” Pretty forcibly too if I recall.

Thanks.

Aye its me.

BTW Im still saying its not gonna happen just to be clear haha.

But will be flucking ecstatic if Im being torn a new one on here by bears becuase of my pessimism:))

I still dont see what liverpool have to gain my loaning him to us for another year.

I know some will say he can do better

But if he’s playing week in week out, it’s a lot better than being a squad player for us, particularly at his age

Worked for Docherty and Rossiter

I think donnie would be a great move for glenn.

Of course we want him to play at a high a level as possible BUT the main thing is he plays regularly at this stage of his career - big big year for young glenn.

Be great news if it is true. Really gives us options and depth in our squad. Kent has something special, the ability to do the unexpected. If he kicks on next season and improves again we could have a real player on our hands.

Think we all love DC as a guy who never gives less than 100%, however, in many of these dropped points games last season he was a major (non) contributor. Simply hasn’t the guile to penetrate these massed defences we face most weeks. Would play him in Europe, no problem, but that’s a luxury I don’t think we can afford.

I think he will see out the final year of his contract.
In some games when we need more defensive robustness he can be useful.

It would be a signal of our intent as well, you can't downplay the mental side of it. Kent is the first player we have had in the Post Admin Era that the Tims are genuinely terrified of (their players and fans).

All my mates who are Tims are terrified of Kent and there has been a lot of banter on WhatsApp over the summer regarding how he's away now and with Morelos going etc we will be sh*te. If we get Kent back up the road it's a massive statement of intent.

It would be a signal of our intent as well, you can't downplay the mental side of it. Kent is the first player we have had in the Post Admin Era that the Tims are genuinely terrified of (their players and fans).

All my mates who are Tims are terrified of Kent and there has been a lot of banter on WhatsApp over the summer regarding how he's away now and with Morelos going etc we will be sh*te. If we get Kent back up the road it's a massive statement of intent.

agreed, and if, big if we get him and their main midfield target Aribo signed. They'll turn their attentions to their board.

This is a very good point and should not be underestimated BUT.....

You have tim mates??? :eek::eek::eek:

:))

Kent would be huge.

Middleton I'd like to see go on loan to another top flight Scottish team.

Keep hastie.

Candieas I'd allow to move on if there is interest.

I have it on good authority that it's happening.
I'm happy to have him back and he is a terrific player on his game but he needs to seriously up his end product and score more goals and get assists to show his true worth.
Too many times he makes the wrong decision but having a year of regular high intensity football will have helped him i'd imagine.

How much of a say does a player have in where he ends up on loan?
The player has the final say.
A club can try and pressure you into moving in a certain direction but you can't be forced, that goes for transfers as well as loans, you can be pressured but not forced.

I have it on good authority that it's happening.
I'm happy to have him back and he is a terrific player on his game but he needs to seriously up his end product and score more goals and get assists to show his true worth.
Too many times he makes the wrong decision but having a year of regular high intensity football will have helped him i'd imagine.

Agree 50pF. I’ll be delighted, but he really must focus on the quality in that final third. If he succeeds he leaves us as a 15-20m player back to England.

Getting Kent for another season would be fantastic.

Probably the only player we've had in recent times that the filth are scared of facing everytime we play them.

Back