Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments in this thread deserve to be laughed at. If you ever want a perfect example of how posters on FF can be reactive to one performance then here it is in the majority of this thread.

An absolutely pathetic football player I cannot wait to see the back of. He’s had one semi ok game away to Benfica but he’s been a disaster of a signing and I cannot believe in January our recruitment team went with the limited funds we had on paying a OTT loan fee for this guy.
He’s anything but pathetic , he’s a 21 year old boy that’s been here less than 6 month put in a team of utter fucking bottle merchants that’s seen of many a manager with there arse collapses and bottle every big game , just remember our captains words in a match day programme and our vice captain after hibs there lies our problem not Fabio Silva

From the second I seen what he was offering away to Dumbarton in the cup you just knew he was never going to be the player people were hoping he was. Excuses kept getting made for him that he was a striker, then he wasn’t a striker but regardless of where he played, he’s been atrocious.

If our recruitment team and manager are looking at what we needed in January and couldn’t see that striker who can score goals would likely get us the goals needed then that’s a worry for me. It was all about winning the league once we got into the position we did. I cannot believe they thought we’d have enough with Dessers snd Silva and here we are.

I honestly think the plan was Cortes silva sima as the front 3.

Silva is never a wide player and shouldn’t play there again.

I didn't want Shankland. Fabio Silva is never a left sided attacker, he's certainly not a 9 either.

Yet again we've gone down the route on an expensive EPL player and it's flopped - I'll add Ramsay to that and I know he came from Juventus.

Our recruitment is appalling.

Think this one is different because koppen had him at psv and he done well there.

We should still have signed another striker in January

He’s on par with Lammers. Just a shite football player. We’ve put sima wide right to accommodate him for some weird reason.

Silva isn’t a good striker, in fact he was worse than dessers as a striker, he isn’t a good winger. So good luck to the boy because he won’t make it here. He’s running out of positions on the park. I wouldn’t be playing him anymore games this season.

He’s on par with Lammers. Just a shite football player. We’ve put sima wide right to accommodate him for some weird reason.

Silva isn’t a good striker, in fact he was worse than dessers as a striker, he isn’t a good winger. So good luck to the boy because he won’t make it here. He’s running out of positions on the park. I wouldn’t be playing him anymore games this season.

We play sima right because he played there for Prague and is our best option from the right.

He should play there for the rest of the season he’s our only threat from that side

If you want to know why Wolves happily loaned out their 35 million euro player then last night alone is a great example. He has been rank rotten recently and shouldn't be starting.

We play sima right because he played there for Prague and is our best option from the right.

He should play there for the rest of the season he’s our only threat from that side
He’s our best option from the left, the side he scored 15 goals from in the first half of the season. You move your best players from their best positions.

He’s anything but pathetic , he’s a 21 year old boy that’s been here less than 6 month put in a team of utter fucking bottle merchants that’s seen of many a manager with there arse collapses and bottle every big game , just remember our captains words in a match day programme and our vice captain after hibs there lies our problem not Fabio Silva
So you don't want Tavernier or Goldson to come out with the same things week after week. But you don't want them telling the truth. Almost like a no win situation wouldn't you say?

As for Silva, his dodgy agent got Porto out of a hole with his transfer. He's been an abysmal signing.

So you don't want Tavernier or Goldson to come out with the same things week after week. But you don't want them telling the truth. Almost like a no win situation wouldn't you say?

As for Silva, his dodgy agent got Porto out of a hole with his transfer. He's been an abysmal signing.
Ain’t got a clue what point you’re getting at with tav and goldson explain ?

Some of the comments in this thread deserve to be laughed at. If you ever want a perfect example of how posters on FF can be reactive to one performance then here it is in the majority of this thread.

An absolutely pathetic football player I cannot wait to see the back of. He’s had one semi ok game away to Benfica but he’s been a disaster of a signing and I cannot believe in January our recruitment team went with the limited funds we had on paying a OTT loan fee for this guy.

Ain’t got a clue what point you’re getting at with tav and goldson explain ?
"just remember our captains words in a match day programme and our vice captain after hibs there lies our problem"
So surely you do have a clue as that's what you said.
You're criticising them for telling the truth in the post match interview and the programme notes. Tav said when teams got at us we panicked and didn't cope. Goldson said at 3-0 at half time the game is done.
Yet when they do an interview look on here and you'll see the same thing every time. "all they do is say the same stuff" "we'll learn from it" "we need to move on" etc

You can't have it both ways. You either want the rehearsed answers given to them by the press officers. Or you want them to tell the truth no matter how uncomfortable it is.

If you want to know why Wolves happily loaned out their 35 million euro player then last night alone is a great example. He has been rank rotten recently and shouldn't be starting.
Portugal u21 seem to know how to play him or is it case they can pass a ball instead of a ball whizzing over your head into the stand strange that isn’t it

Last edited:
Portugal u21 seem to know how to play him or is it case the can pass a ball instead of a ball whizzing over your head into the stand strange that isn’t it
Aye probably but there's far less pressure playing for Portugal U21s than for us..I think that's what the problem is. The players, on the whole, are not mentally strong enough to cope with the pressure and expectation. This has been obvious for years now as it's the same core of players that have continually repeated this pattern of looking in contention then bottling it.

"just remember our captains words in a match day programme and our vice captain after hibs there lies our problem"
So surely you do have a clue as that's what you said.
You're criticising them for telling the truth in the post match interview and the programme notes. Tav said when teams got at us we panicked and didn't cope. Goldson said at 3-0 at half time the game is done.
Yet when they do an interview look on here and you'll see the same thing every time. "all they do is say the same stuff" "we'll learn from it" "we need to move on" etc

You can't have it both ways. You either want the rehearsed answers given to them by the press officers. Or you want them to tell the truth no matter how uncomfortable it is.
No it’s says it all about there mentality absolutel bottle merchants that’s been happening for years hence why Fabio Silva ain’t the problem its the ones that should’ve been cleared out long ago that are at fault for countless arse collapses

No it’s says it all about there mentality absolutel bottle merchants that’s been happening for years hence why Fabio Silva ain’t the problem its the ones that should’ve been cleared out long ago that are at fault for countless arse collapses
It doesn't say that at all. It says you want smoke blown up your arse from the players. You don't like it when they give the same regurgitated answers but you don't want the truth. You want to be coddled. Thats fine. I'd rather they came out and told us what's actually happening.

It doesn't say that at all. It says you want smoke blown up your arse from the players. You don't like it when they give the same regurgitated answers but you don't want the truth. You want to be coddled. Thats fine. I'd rather they came out and told us what's actually happening.
I want smoke blown up my arse :)) No sick to death of same bottle merchants costing my team and blowing trophy after trophy

Aye probably but there's far less pressure playing for Portugal U21s than for us..I think that's what the problem is. The players, on the whole, are not mentally strong enough to cope with the pressure and expectation. This has been obvious for years now as it's the same core of players that have continually repeated this pattern of looking in contention then bottling it.
If your played wide and balls flying over your head or your left back doesn’t want to be there then your fucked

I want smoke blown up my arse :)) No sick to death of same bottle merchants costing my team and blowing trophy after trophy
You're in this thread defending Silva, I think that about sums it all up.
Nice talk. Have a good day

Would make sense because I have no idea why Sima who was running amok under Clement before his injury off the left has now been shifted out to the right.
What about his performance on the right when he came on against Celtic is that not a wee idea and we have nobody else plus was that not where he played for Sparta ?

Looks to be another of those players that shady agents push around wealthy clubs to generate cash and favours. “You won’t get offered the good ones unless you take this dud first”

European football awash with this sort of thing.
Think his agent is terry tibbs

Telling the truth?

"We will learn from this." Is pretty much all Tav says, does he? Do we?

Telling the truth? "We will learn from this." Is pretty much all Tav says, does he? Do we?
Are you missing the first part of the conversation by accident or intentionally?

Telling the truth - Goldson at Hampden or Tav in his programme notes
Regurgitated press officer answers - "Learn from it" "move on quickly" etc

I can't believe someone at Wolves thought he was worth what they paid for him. He's offered us next to nothing in his time here.

What about his performance on the right when he came on against Celtic is that not a wee idea and we have nobody else plus was that not where he played for Sparta ?

I’m not saying Sima is bad on the right but he’s a lot better for us on the left than Silva is.

Silva is being shoehorned out on the left despite being pish.

He’s our best option from the left, the side he scored 15 goals from in the first half of the season. You move your best players from their best positions.

He’s the only threat in the full squad from the right, who else would you play there

When people said we needed to sign a striker and others said we had with Silva. Yeah maybe on paper he's a striker but he certainly wasn't and isn't the type of player we need or needed.

He’s the only threat in the full squad from the right, who else would you play there
I would play McCausland there now that he’s back, him and tav seem to have a decent partnership. Christ I would play any lady's front bottom there :)) I just think we should be playing our best players in their best positions and sima’s best position is the left wing position.

I can understand him playing left wing when no other options but when others return who can play there he should only be considered through the middle.
Disappointed to see him picked to play wide from the start for last two games, wrong decision in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back