Get Fabio Silva in the 11 every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would play McCausland there now that he’s back, him and tav seem to have a decent partnership. Christ I would play any lady's front bottom there :)) I just think we should be playing our best players in their best positions and sima’s best position is the left wing position.

McCausland is never going to be good enough, he offers zero goal threat.

Sima being there is the best option.

Simas performances on the left and right are similar to me, his strength his running power and directness. He scored against Celtic and probably should have scored last night. Was unlucky with header Sunday as well I think.

That’s more goal threat in those 3 games than wright and mccausland offered the full season from
There.

Silva is the kind of player you see shitting his pants at Ibrox when playing for a mob like Braga or Leipzig as we put them out. Has large enough transfer fees behind him that you can look at our achievement of beating a more expensive side and say we are punching above our weight.

The truth is that he is simply not a good player.

For a 35 million player coming to the SPL the guy should instantly look like the best player on the pitch by a mile. Instead he is obviously struggling.

Probably on a decent wage too.

He’s on par with Lammers. Just a shite football player. We’ve put sima wide right to accommodate him for some weird reason.

Silva isn’t a good striker, in fact he was worse than dessers as a striker, he isn’t a good winger. So good luck to the boy because he won’t make it here. He’s running out of positions on the park. I wouldn’t be playing him anymore games this season.
Always thought he was poor when he was at Wolves. The boy seems to think wearing an Alice band and having tatts makes him a footballer. Stealing a wage - utterly clueless and that display against the other mob summed him up . Embarrassing

McCausland is never going to be good enough, he offers zero goal threat.

Sima being there is the best option.

Simas performances on the left and right are similar to me, his strength his running power and directness. He scored against Celtic and probably should have scored last night. Was unlucky with header Sunday as well I think.

That’s more goal threat in those 3 games than wright and mccausland offered the full season from
There.
Is there more goal threat from silva? He doesn’t get into many goal scoring positions. Like last night we flashed a ball across the box to the back post and silva didn’t anticipate it and was nowhere near it, it sums up him.

I would play McCausland simply because when he came on I thought he was at least trying to make something happen. Him and tav do have a good relationship as well. Silva just does nothing for me.

Wolves fan in peace. I have been watching how Fabio performed for you guys and he is exactly the same as he was with us. A complete waste of space. Even when played out of position he offers absolutely nothing, he doesnt win tackles, he doesn't win headers and offers zero threat.

We were so excited when we bought him (yes, £35m for a ‘generational talent’… what a bunch of fools we were…). We felt he needed to muscle up a bit and hoped a year in the gym would make him adapt to the English game. How wrong we were.

The loan move to Anderlecht seemed a good move for him, but quickly offered nothing again and then a move to PSV also highlighted his downfalls.

We were hoping a move to a Scottish giant would see him adapt better…. But as you can see for yourselves… he really offers nothing other that embarrassing dives and rolls on the floor (we have got used to that over the last few year with our Portuguese players, and we HATE seeing it).

we hope we can offload him asap to anyone, regardless of the money wasted, he would be best suited to a Portuguese second division team, or some mediocre Belgian and Dutch team at best.

we are sorry to have burdened you with him. as ever with Fabio, he never wants to take advantage of a positive loan move, which keeps highlighting just how poor he is. i know the price tag wasnt his fault, but he doesnt want to even try to put that behind him.

good luck with the rest of the season, and i was hoping would beat Celtic to the title, but worry that ship has sailed now. Will keep cheering you on till the end though.

all the best.

Almost like Amato with more pace

Hard working
Skillful
Direct
Composed

Boys a player
100% agree until about six weeks ago.

Showed great energy,commitment and skill.

Now he looks like a headless chicken and appears to have checked out.

£34m??? The mind boggles.

Wolves fan in peace. I have been watching how Fabio performed for you guys and he is exactly the same as he was with us. A complete waste of space. Even when played out of position he offers absolutely nothing, he doesnt win tackles, he doesn't win headers and offers zero threat.

We were so excited when we bought him (yes, £35m for a ‘generational talent’… what a bunch of fools we were…). We felt he needed to muscle up a bit and hoped a year in the gym would make him adapt to the English game. How wrong we were.

The loan move to Anderlecht seemed a good move for him, but quickly offered nothing again and then a move to PSV also highlighted his downfalls.

We were hoping a move to a Scottish giant would see him adapt better…. But as you can see for yourselves… he really offers nothing other that embarrassing dives and rolls on the floor (we have got used to that over the last few year with our Portuguese players, and we HATE seeing it).

we hope we can offload him asap to anyone, regardless of the money wasted, he would be best suited to a Portuguese second division team, or some mediocre Belgian and Dutch team at best.

we are sorry to have burdened you with him. as ever with Fabio, he never wants to take advantage of a positive loan move, which keeps highlighting just how poor he is. i know the price tag wasnt his fault, but he doesnt want to even try to put that behind him.

good luck with the rest of the season, and i was hoping would beat Celtic to the title, but worry that ship has sailed now. Will keep cheering you on till the end though.

all the best.
Interesting insight here.

Wolves have had some interesting transfers over the years (if not a bit dodgy when you look at their transfers/ who they were with and the values - see sporting leaks - wasn't there alot of Portugese teams invovled?)

Silva has been very frustrating - his lack of goal threat has been mind boggling - he just never seems to make the right run and/or attack the space.

Comfortable mid table for your lot this year ? How you finding the manager? I'm a big fan

I thought solely on the price tag he would run riot up here. He appears to be trying but produces almost nothing. Can’t remember if he has ever played 90 mins.

I think some of what I’m reading is over the top. The whole team is appalling at the moment so it’s difficult to judge any individual fairly. When he first came in I thought Silva looked a real prospect. It wasn’t long ago we were debating whether we should sign Sima or Silva if it were one or the other. I think we might forget how young he is as well. He’s a kid in a new country, playing in a disfunctional

So disappointed in how this loan has turned out …. I’m at the stage with him that I hate seeing his name on the team sheet

Matondo is a better player than Silva.

Silva seems very petulant, when he got subbed off against Ross County he threw a big huff at getting subbed off, despite the fact he had played shite.

Silva is a forward being shoehorned on the wing, when we have a much better player to play there.

Play him centrally or don't play him at all.

Think we all had high hopes with silva, maybe taken in by the size of transfer fee wolves paid, who knows.
Reality is, silva is an average footballer who probably won’t do much in his future career.

Edit, wolves not Brighton.

Last edited:
Interesting insight here.

Wolves have had some interesting transfers over the years (if not a bit dodgy when you look at their transfers/ who they were with and the values - see sporting leaks - wasn't there alot of Portugese teams invovled?)

Silva has been very frustrating - his lack of goal threat has been mind boggling - he just never seems to make the right run and/or attack the space.

Comfortable mid table for your lot this year ? How you finding the manager? I'm a big fan
Thanks, yes Silva even as a forward for us (in the no 9 position) still offered zero threat, so the fact he gets played out of position should not mask that he is crap.

We will finish 13th, not too bad considering we were a relegation favourite when Lopetegui cried off last August. Gary O’Neil has done a great job but let down by a rubbish backing from Fosun who now wont spend a penny and is leaving our squad painfully threadbare (look at our line up of kids for tonights game v Arsenal). We just hope they back him in the summer. Its been a delight to offload a lot of our Iberian players and managers as they clearly wanted to use us as a stepping stone. Much rather a team of fighters grateful to be playing than a team of overpaid foreign wasters (cough, Fabio, cough).

Good luck v Hearts tomorrow.

Good luck v Hearts tomorrow.
And to Wolves mate.

I worked on the Wigmore and Ray Hall viaducts on the M6 over 30 years ago and used to go watch Wolves. The stadium was half-closed at the time for the rebuild.

Always had a liking for Wolverhampton ever since 'cum on feel the noize' and 'mamma weer all crazy now' :) :)

He’s been very poor recently .
Needs dropped , I cannot believe after his recent performances he retained his position while Sima was moved to right wing .
No idea why he went for such a hefty fee… not even glimpses of it.

all the best.
As expected in the main for me since he signed. There’s just nothing there for a team with the demands like Rangers.

He can’t be starting tomorrow. Get Sima back wide left

He’s been very poor recently .
Needs dropped , I cannot believe after his recent performances he retained his position while Sima was moved to right wing .
No idea why he went for such a hefty fee… not even glimpses of it.
Purely due to the three way relationship between Wolves, Jorge Mendes and Porto.

It was to help Porto with FFP at the time.
Mendes was in deep at both clubs.

A number of suspect deals

Without any inside knowledge, it appears that he has lost interest and intensity since we were knocked out of Europe. Unsurprising really, given that was a big part of the reason he came here.

I think some of what I’m reading is over the top. The whole team is appalling at the moment so it’s difficult to judge any individual fairly. When he first came in I thought Silva looked a real prospect. It wasn’t long ago we were debating whether we should sign Sima or Silva if it were one or the other. I think we might forget how young he is as well. He’s a kid in a new country, playing in a disfunctional
He's a few hours up the road from Wolverhampton :D

Silva is the kind of player you see shitting his pants at Ibrox when playing for a mob like Braga or Leipzig as we put them out. Has large enough transfer fees behind him that you can look at our achievement of beating a more expensive side and say we are punching above our weight.

The truth is that he is simply not a good player.

For a 35 million player coming to the SPL the guy should instantly look like the best player on the pitch by a mile. Instead he is obviously struggling.

Probably on a decent wage too.
35m in England is the equivalent to a 1m player in Scotland.

Might have been simplistic but said it at the time of his arrival, one look at his goal record told me he was never going to be the answer. Even at a similar level in Anderlecht he didn’t produce.

Baffling just how such a highly valued player can come up here and look lost and unable to skip past jobbers and donkeys.

He’s not exactly doing himself many favours if he thought he’d come here and look good.

Baffling just how such a highly valued player can come up here and look lost and unable to skip past jobbers and donkeys.

He’s not exactly doing himself many favours if he thought he’d come here and look good.
Agreed. And while his value isnt something he can control, things like his work-rate should be where he makes up and he hasn’t. Combine that with his attitude and his embarrassing antics against them means he shouldn’t be considered anymore imo.

Although knew nothing about him when he signed on loan I had high hopes for his £35m price tag he might have something about him and gives us a boost 2nd half of season.

To now say I'd rather Dessers play than him, even in the centre, and that is quite a statement, shows how ineffective Silva has been.

I thought he started off well to be honest, but he’s slowly went back the way and now just looks like our typical loan signing that is brought in but can’t bring much to the table.

all the best.
Very interesting take this. Fair to say Wolves have been conned. Portuguese clubs seem to find it really easy to get massive £ out of EPL clubs for bang average players.

Although knew nothing about him when he signed on loan I had high hopes for his £35m price tag he might have something about him and gives us a boost 2nd half of season.

To now say I'd rather Dessers play than him, even in the centre, and that is quite a statement, shows how ineffective Silva has been.

Thirty-five million for an average Jose. It just shows how batshit crazy English football has become due to the Sky money.

That country's football infrastructure will fold if Sky bail out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back