Get yourself down to the Juniors this weekend!

bringing Docherty back seems to have been the catalyst?
He's chipped in with a few goals since being recalled Colin, and scored the opener today. 'Ford defence were understandably wary of his pace. It'll be interesting to see if Maxwell can successfully adapt the playing style to get more out of him next season when he presumably has more weight on his shoulders to be the main man up front.

I see your favourites managed to survive a scare after being on easy street at HT?

That was often my Saturday - at Champion Hill in south east London to watch Dulwich Hamlet.

Since returning to Scotland I haven’t found anyone that fills that void to the same extent (other than the times, obviously, where I can get along to watch The Rangers).

Maybe Clydebank?

He's chipped in with a few goals since being recalled Colin, and scored the opener today. 'Ford defence were understandably wary of his pace. It'll be interesting to see if Maxwell can successfully adapt the playing style to get more out of him next season when he presumably has more weight on his shoulders to be the main man up front.

I see your favourites managed to survive a scare after being on easy street at HT?
I don’t think I could cope with many games like that. 2-0 at halftime didn’t flatter us. Cadocs then flew out the traps and were level quite quickly. At 3-2 ahead we really should have seen the game out but lost a goal from poor basic defending. Was good that the Talbot heads didn’t go down and they went for it instead of accepting the draw. Cadocs aren’t third due to luck though. They beat us at Auchinleck and have bested Pollok home and away. A good passing side with a bit about them.

Two massive games for us coming up. Darvel away on Wednesday before hosting Beith. IF we can secure at least 4 points then it’ll go. Long way to determining if we can pull off a minor miracle and win the whole thing. Read we had lost 5 league games before August was out but only one since then. Incredible turn around in fortunes.

He looked majorly under pressure today. Burgh really lack any cutting edge upfront, don't play like a team, and look very disjointed.

Naismith straight red was a shocker and a player of his experience should know better.

Dorrans was neat and tidy but didn't influence or control the game.

Lafferty still sidelined, but reportedly going to be fit for the semi final.
Do you watch a lot of the Burgh? Did Christie play how has he started at burgh? Know him well been very good at pollok last few years.

I don’t think I could cope with many games like that. 2-0 at halftime didn’t flatter us. Cadocs then flew out the traps and were level quite quickly. At 3-2 ahead we really should have seen the game out but lost a goal from poor basic defending. Was good that the Talbot heads didn’t go down and they went for it instead of accepting the draw. Cadocs aren’t third due to luck though. They beat us at Auchinleck and have bested Pollok home and away. A good passing side with a bit about them.

Two massive games for us coming up. Darvel away on Wednesday before hosting Beith. IF we can secure at least 4 points then it’ll go. Long way to determining if we can pull off a minor miracle and win the whole thing. Read we had lost 5 league games before August was out but only one since then. Incredible turn around in fortunes.
Pollok shot themselves in the foot against them at Newlandsfield with two ogs recently mate - I wasn't present as we were at home that day, and back in November at Tinto, Lok were very casual against them but really could've drawn with more focus. To be fair to them though, when I seen them I reckoned that they were a pretty sharp outfit going forward as they had a good structure and played with incisiveness.

I'm unsurprised at the quiet creep up the table. The inconsistencies of the other sides always means that any team which can maintain form and not suffer reverses in close proximity, will always pose a threat at the top. You guys have experience of putting together solid runs of form.

Beware of a backlash from Beith though. They will be smarting after today and a couple of indifferent results (from their perspective) recently. Darvel will presumably get a shot in the arm after winning on pens today, and will be up for it on Wednesday.

If you can come away with four out of six points you will understandably fancy your chances of making serious inroads at the summit.

Linlithgo Rose vs Boness for us today

Boness with a late winner. 1-2

Decent wee set up there. Few flare ups and mad tackles. Enjoyable day out

Do you watch a lot of the Burgh? Did Christie play how has he started at burgh? Know him well been very good at pollok last few years.
Haven't been much this season. But the lads I was with today have been to quite a few of the Burgh games. Today they said was symptomatic of the entire season so far. Not sure if the lad Christie played today

Might be the new complex at Kirky then, nothing available at Petershill on a Saturday due to the Loco's and Petershill playing there alternative weekends. Are Rob Roy getting into the complex?
Supposedly they have an outstanding tax situation with EDC which they need to settle with them or they are not getting use of the facility. Few clubs are circling with intent for next season if RR don’t get sorted

Have Lok turned a corner? Arguably the easiest outing v Hurford that I've seen in seasons. Shipping a goal at the death flattered the visitors.
Going well at the moment. Maxi has changed the shape and it really seems to suit the dwindling number of players that he has available to him. Were very impressive IMO down at Darvel and then Beith in the space of four days and yesterday was just about as routine as I've seen at Newlandsfield this season. Too many points dropped to seriously contend for the league but in with a chance of the league cup if this form holds.

Going well at the moment. Maxi has changed the shape and it really seems to suit the dwindling number of players that he has available to him. Were very impressive IMO down at Darvel and then Beith in the space of four days and yesterday was just about as routine as I've seen at Newlandsfield this season. Too many points dropped to seriously contend for the league but in with a chance of the league cup if this form holds.

Striker Kerr the latest to depart and away back to Glenafton. Is it cost cutting I presume?

Murdie McKinnon leaving Cumnock too

Edit - the Cumnock twitter had deleted that tweet.

Second edit - tweet is back but reworded.

Last edited:
Back