Gif Roundup Of Today's Incidents.

He did not get a foul. Their behavior cost them a goal. Beaton never went for the falling down tactics from the beginning.
Their defender was more interested in falling over than dealing with the cross.
Prick may have cost them a goal then their prick manager complains.
Pricks.
Easy to notice the "coaching" tactics lego muncher has implemented eh!

That tackle on Arfield is shocking. H’s a good foot off the ground studs showing if that’s not a red what is? I think if you wind it back a bit I’m sure he has a sky punch at Arfield earlier in the play.

Shocker of a tackle on Arfield, should have been a red. Regards the passback, have to disagree and say I think Bates has been a quite cute with that.
The 'foul' in the buildup to the goal that Goodwin was greeting about, no chance.

No 6. This is what Goodwin is moaning about. The alleged "foul" before our goal.

giphy.gif
This is the mildest version of attempted match fixing we will see between now and the end of the season They've been at it all season and the complete and utter corruption is yet to be put in full view. It'll be disguised by Rangers fans raging about the team etc but it's attrition that the SFA/SPLF/Scum pride themselves on and if there is one thing they are good at it is doing this shit in full view and knowing there wil be no consequence

As we get closer to the end of the season, let's see what we're up against regards decisions.
These were today's main talking points.

No1 was the yellow for the tackle on Alf. No problem with the yellow but Gallagher's actions afterwards were a joke. Rolling about trying to get Alf in to trouble.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

No2 was a little something I noticed during the game and as sheep as you can get. The refs need to get wise to this stuff.
We break and the sheep player runs across Jack, taps him with his hand then falls hoping for an off the ball foul to stop the break. You can see by the way he falls at full speed it's a dive.

giphy.gif

No3 The pass back. It's a pass back. What more can you say?

No4 The goal. No offside and a debatable hand ball which, by the rules, is legal. I've watched it numerous times and I'm not sure if it hits Aribo's hand. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

giphy.gif

No 5 The tackle on Arfield. I think it's a red and just another decision that could have cost us at the end of the game.

giphy.gif
Excellent Edweird I just wish we had a preview of every match like this, what a catalogue of mistakes we could highlight, and in all honesty let's show the ones we may have got away with and balance it up. I'm sure over a season it's no contest, we are unfairly treated by a mile.

Tbf with the Ryan Jack incident, I noticed when Ferguson was down his boot was hanging off his heel which would suggest RJ did clip him.

Great thread idea @Edweird

For me, red on Arfield definitely. Good goal, nothing wrong with it. Goodwin my have a point on the foul, I’m 50/50 on that.

I think the Bates one is enough of a defensive intervention and close enough to the goalkeeper for it to not be a passback.

Its a rule that's open to interpretation though and referees discretion, Beaton was at it yesterday but he just about got that one right.

As an aside, how many hand balls did he let them off with yesterday? I counted 4 or 5.

As we get closer to the end of the season, let's see what we're up against regards decisions.
These were today's main talking points.

No1 was the yellow for the tackle on Alf. No problem with the yellow but Gallagher's actions afterwards were a joke. Rolling about trying to get Alf in to trouble.

No2 was a little something I noticed during the game and as sheep as you can get. The refs need to get wise to this stuff.
We break and the sheep player runs across Jack, taps him with his hand then falls hoping for an off the ball foul to stop the break. You can see by the way he falls at full speed it's a dive.

giphy.gif

No3 The pass back. It's a pass back. What more can you say?

No4 The goal. No offside and a debatable hand ball which, by the rules, is legal. I've watched it numerous times and I'm not sure if it hits Aribo's hand. Ultimately it doesn't matter.

giphy.gif

No 5 The tackle on Arfield. I think it's a red and just another decision that could have cost us at the end of the game.

giphy.gif

Thats absolutely quality what you have done mate

The only question to be raised is whether' IF it was handball, it was deliberate or not. It wasn't.

It was, at worst, an accidental handball. Per the rules, from last season, an accidental handball that leads to a teammate scoring a goal is not foul play or worthy of a free-kick. Think back to one of the Israeli goals at Hampden against Scotland.

Following this clarification, it is a handball offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or
  • scores in the opponents’ goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper; or
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental.
Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

If this is a "foul" then we're seeing 30 penalties a match ffs
Only the new Scott Brown, currently known a Lewis Ferguson, claimed a foul here.
So much for the Hugh “he knew too” Keevins assertion that “super honest Jim Goodwin wouldn’t be claiming something if there was nothing in it”.

I think the Bates one is enough of a defensive intervention and close enough to the goalkeeper for it to not be a passback.

Its a rule that's open to interpretation though and referees discretion, Beaton was at it yesterday but he just about got that one right.

As an aside, how many hand balls did he let them off with yesterday? I counted 4 or 5.
Otherwise known as a “can’t give Rangers the benefit of this rule because I’ll be castigated, hung, drawn and quartered, by the Scottish press for weeks, longer if they win the league” rule.

Did Ferguson get the foul from Jack? I remember it happening but cant recall the outcome.

They are very *good* at going down though, one of them fell infront of Kent on the touchline and he hadnt even put pressure on him.
Hayes got a similar decision almost in front of the dug out after Tavernier touched his back.
I was raging at Tavernier, more than I was the referee, for giving the wee qunt the opportunity to fall and the, slightly bigger qunt the opportunity to give them an unnecessary free kick and breather.
Why do players do such ridiculously stupid things?
They know the player is going to drop like a stone as soon as he feels the slightest touch.

That’s the annoying thing about Beaton he’s actually close to being a good referee in terms of letting the game flow and resisting the urge to give soft fouls when players go down and fall over themselves but the big decisions we rarely get like today where he shat out of every single one
Not sure I’d agree here.
At least two today against Rangers.

Shocker of a tackle on Arfield, should have been a red. Regards the passback, have to disagree and say I think Bates has been a quite cute with that.
The 'foul' in the buildup to the goal that Goodwin was greeting about, no chance.
Totally agree, though standards were set years ago in Scotland with that Scott Alan tackle on Rossiter, if that one wasn't a red then all bets are off and you get a free hit on our players. He even looked embarrassed to only get a yellow that day, Allan that is.

This? Hits his stomach.

exact same as Morelos penalty Aberdeen got at Pittodrie ........ weirdly McFadden thought Pittodrie/Morelos stick on pen but Gallacher/Ibrox no penalty ........

ps ,alfie got booked at Pittodrie a similar outcome would've saw Gallacher off

If it hits the hand immediately before a goal it’s a foul (whether accidental or not). However we have been on the wrong end of that one before so crack on, goal.
Just as well it hit Aribo on the chest. I'd rather it did hit his hand, though.

That’s the annoying thing about Beaton he’s actually close to being a good referee in terms of letting the game flow and resisting the urge to give soft fouls when players go down and fall over themselves but the big decisions we rarely get like today where he shat out of every single one
i think what was apparent very early in the game is that Beaton was only giving fouls for " stick ons " anything that look soft he just let the game flow and i'd say that was on both sides in the 1st half when neither team crested any pressure

The ”tackle” on Arfield is an absolute disgrace.

There isn’t a league in the world where that isn’t a red card, and yet Rangers players have to navigate career ending attempted assaults, season after season.

Scottish referees are absolutely shite, and Beaton is one who sits right at the top of that pile of manure.

Tbf with the Ryan Jack incident, I noticed when Ferguson was down his boot was hanging off his heel which would suggest RJ did clip him.

Sure that wasn’t when Arfield booted him?

For all the handball talk it looks like his chest to me.

1. Red card, arm to face
2. Happening more and more and refs fall for it.
3. Passback, should that have been an indirect free kick to Rangers and a red for their keeper?
4. I think it comes off Aribo's right tit.
5. Red all day long. Rangers player does that, ref ejaculates while pulling out red card.
6. Soft but I'd be claiming for it if it was us.

There isn’t a league in the world where that isn’t a red card, and yet Rangers players have to navigate career ending attempted assaults, season after season.

Scottish referees are absolutely shite, and Beaton is one who sits right at the top of that pile of manure.
Euan Anderson is the worst one currently we have officiating in Scotland. He’s the updated version of Alan Freeland…he was the worst I had ever seen.

Shitehousery all over, particularly the one with the hand tap dive.

Probably a back pass.

I think the tackle on Arfield is yellow, he puts his leg in front where Arfield is kicking through the ball.

Straw clutching from Goodwin regarding the goal.

We dont have shite referees, its a tactic they all use to let as much go for the opposition as possible that way they can avoid issues with the press and the other teams manager.

Our player makes the tackle he gets a red, no one can really complain its a shocker which could have resulted in a really bad injury.

You say Beaton is the worst but il guess you change that view in the near future.

Its Beaton, then Clancy or Madden, then Muir, then McLean and so on...

None of them are hopeless they are cheating like mad out there as it is the safe way to referee scottish football games and something they all enjoy.

So what we are saying is the ref got most of the big calls correct? I'd agree the tackle on Arfield could/should have been a red but all the others highlighted we certainly correct.

I'd cut him slack for the passback. The assistant should be better placed ro see that.

Did Ferguson get the foul from Jack? I remember it happening but cant recall the outcome.

They are very *good* at going down though, one of them fell infront of Kent on the touchline and he hadnt even put pressure on him.
I despise this chunt and dispare at this who constantly think we should sign this diving cheating bastard. Plays 4 games a season. Other than he's rank rotten

1. Red card, arm to face
2. Happening more and more and refs fall for it.
3. Passback, should that have been an indirect free kick to Rangers and a red for their keeper?
4. I think it comes off Aribo's right tit.
5. Red all day long. Rangers player does that, ref ejaculates while pulling out red card.
6. Soft but I'd be claiming for it if it was us.
Picking up a back pass isn’t a booking for the keeper let alone a red.

I despise this chunt and dispare at this who constantly think we should sign this diving cheating bastard. Plays 4 games a season. Other than he's rank rotten

One good thing about Beaton yesterday was he didn't fall for too many of his antics. Looked like Ferguson was there to get some mentoring off Beaton as well given he never left his side the whole game when a decision was being made.

The tackle on Arfield at the end is a shocker and should have been red maybe one for compliance officer to upgrade.

Where else is it going if not to the keeper?
Its not a clearance
Its not an an goal
So its a pass back
It was totally intended

Clear pass back

Red card challenge on Arfield

Joke of a booking for Tav. Seems every other week now. 1 foul 1 booking.

Beaton had another one of his games just bumbling about not really sure what was going on half the time.

Back