Gio doesnt expect to do any business in January

uneasydaz

GIOVANNI VAN BRONCKHORST admits he doesn't expect to be conducting any transfer business during the window.

The Rangers manager is hopeful he will get to the end of January with his current squad firmly intact.

The Light Blues have nine players out of contract at the end of the season although the Dutchman has been assured none of them will be sold next month.

However, van Bronckhorst insists he will be ready to make his move if there is any late change of plan.

The Gers boss said: “I don’t expect anything. You just need to be prepared, that’s the most important thing as a coach.

“You need to be ready for anything. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe a lot, you never know.

We will see where we are as a club at the end of the window.

“As a coach you don’t want to get to the end of the window with a smaller squad than when you started.

So we have to be prepared to decide what to do whatever comes our way.”

Van Bronckhorst has given his Rangers squad some time off after watching them beat St Mirren 2-0 on Boxing Day to go six points clear at the top of the table.

They will report back to their Milngavie training base next week ahead of their trip to Aberdeen on January 18.

Gio said: "Starting again on January 5, we have two weeks to prepare them for Aberdeen and all the games after.

We have even more time to become better as a team.

"The development I've seen in the players has been very positive."

I think we will need to sell before we buy.If not we will only be looking at loan deals at most

All he said is he expects nothing, hardly news I don’t imagine any manager expects and demands xyz before a window is open.

This is word for word from his post match PC yesterday.

He's been fairly consistent in specifically not saying we'll be buying anyone or have targeted anyone for purchase. It's all been about reacting to bids and sales for players.

With our board, Gio will get all the support he needs. We've already seen he knows what he's doing, the main thing to me is that we lose nobody. If we do, then I trust Gio to either motivate our back-ups, or get replacements if necessary. 56 is coming.
Glass half full Loyal
WATP

I’d be more comfortable replacing Barker Simpson and Lundstrum and bringing back big Itten tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised if we actually actively looked at signing another striker we have been linked with that Colombian player who plays for Sochi.

Roofe's fitness can't be trusted anymore and I don't really see a way back for Itten now.

If the right person because available at the right price, we’ll consider it, I’m sure but there’s little to no need to strengthen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we actually actively looked at signing another striker we have been linked with that Colombian player who plays for Sochi.

Roofe's fitness can't be trusted anymore and I don't really see a way back for Itten now.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a possible

Id be worried if we aren't looking to strengthen defence as were playing a lb at centre half at the moment. Goldust aint signing a contract either as we haven't given him one to sign...

If there was money offered for Roofe I would be cutting our losses just as Anderlecht did when they sold him to us.

If there was money offered for Roofe I would be cutting our losses just as Anderlecht did when they sold him to us.
Hopefully in the summer we can recoup as much as we can for him.

We can't have another season of him missing crucial games same applies to Jack.

Both of there injury records are a damn disgrace.

I have extremely strong opinions on our transfer activity in the summer and even more if we expect nothing and do nothing in January.

The board need to be questioned

All about the wording. There's a difference between not expecting anything and not wanting anything.

Cards close to the chest etc.

When he says ‘I don’t expect anything’ he’s saying who knows what will happen. Ins or outs. He’s no clue right now. If players leave he will have money to spend. If they don’t I think it depends who’s available and maybe get one or two. Someone like souttar on a free and maybe a few quid on someone he thinks could make a difference. I can’t see a big signing like we would hope. You can understand that though in the current climate. I would like to see us speculate to accumulate though. Not sure we will.

Hopefully in the summer we can recoup as much as we can for him.

We can't have another season of him missing crucial games same applies to Jack.

Both of there injury records are a damn disgrace.
Difference is one got injured playing for Rangers , the other was signed knowing he had issues with fitness.

Connor Goldson's contract situation would be bit of a worry for me. He could potentially sign a pre contract with an English club on the 1st of January.

I'm not sure he'd be bursting a gut for the rest of the season knowing he'd be away soon if he did.

Balogun is in the same boat as well the last thing we need is two of our CBs signing with Bismans with other clubs.

CB is an area we definitely need to be looking to strengthen unless Goldson signs a new deal.

Haha what a deceiving headline . He meant anything can happen and not to expect anything because you could be completely wrong but hey saying we arnt signing anyone gets clicks
To be fair I took from that article that Gio was told he was getting no money, and we won't sell players unless a ridiculous offers comes in due to whats at stake, if the ridiculous money comes in he will get some of it to replace them.

In other words, expect noone to leave or join, but in the event big money offers come in that we just simply can't turn down, they will be replaced.

What we thinking about 10 days off over Christmas? I’m sure they won’t be on the piss or eating like I am and also appreciate there is a bit of time to prepare for the first game back but will we lose match sharpness as a result? Could spend the first week back getting up to speed and god only knows what Covid impact could be at that point?

I’m all for rewarding performances with time off or whatever but I can’t help feel that if we get to the end of jan no dropped points we would be home and dry - small (ish) sacrifices and all that?

(No footie on so board and happy for any abuse in response) :))

To be fair I took from that article that Gio was told he was getting no money, and we won't sell players unless a ridiculous offers comes in due to whats at stake, if the ridiculous money comes in he will get some of it to replace them.

In other words, expect noone to leave or join, but in the event big money offers come in that we just simply can't turn down, they will be replaced.
I’d be very suprised if he gets nothing . We got money for Gerrard leaving . Won’t be a lot unless someone leaves but

David Edgar asked if he expects a lot of movement, he said he doesn’t expect anything meaning you can never tell what is going to happen
Spot on.

A bit like asking him if expects to beat st.mirren before the match.

He would say I don't expect anything but we are prepared and will hopefully get the win etc

Hopefully get a few out the door and off the wage bill, ie

Simpson
Barker
Lundstram (to be replaced by a Dutch, attacking, goal scoring, midfield general / maestro)
Bacuna (unless he rates him + has plans to play him)

Get Goldson to extend, maybe bring back Katic + Itten as cover for the run in ?
Seems fairly obvious to me that Goldson is for the off, if that is because we are not offering what he is after or he wants to go back to England is neither here nor there for me as either way I can't see him signing a new contract now.

Back