Gio doesnt expect to do any business in January

Would have been surprised if any significant money was spent in January, especially with the prospect of some closed doors games coming up and worsening our financial position.

Have you actually read our accounts?? We have a quite enormous black hole, being filled by our board and other shareholders, they most certainly do not need questioned!
And a potential hit pending with these new restrictions and the uncertainty of how long they will last.
It's mental on here from a few that just expect more and more to get ploughed in and just ignore balancing the books and our previous accounts.

If we win the league then brilliant, we will have a massive amount coming in, but we just can't be that careless with an all or nothing attitude as that financial mismanagement has already screwed us.

If we sell big and reinvest part of it then fair enough but it only seems one way currently which can't go on financially

Seems fairly obvious to me that Goldson is for the off, if that is because we are not offering what he is after or he wants to go back to England is neither here nor there for me as either way I can't see him signing a new contract now.

Looking like that unfortunately.
I'd have thought competing in the CL groups would be worth staying for, but if he or his Mrs wants to go back down south for personal reasons, then fair enough.
I think that was probably the major factor in Gerrard's departure.

If he has been told its unlikely we can bring anyone in unless we sell then that puts him in the same position as most top flight club managers

And a potential hit pending with these new restrictions and the uncertainty of how long they will last.
It's mental on here from a few that just expect more and more to get ploughed in and just ignore balancing the books and our previous accounts.

If we win the league then brilliant, we will have a massive amount coming in, but we just can't be that careless with an all or nothing attitude as that financial mismanagement has already screwed us.

If we sell big and reinvest part of it then fair enough but it only seems one way currently which can't go on financially
Absolutely. We have been leaking cash and simply cannot keep expecting our shareholders to keep pumping cash in.

Winning the league is huge this year to turn a profit but at the same time we can’t just spunk cash we don’t have, especially when we already have a huge squad that is the best in the country.

For the books, it really doesn't make a difference if we sell a player or 2 in January, or wait until summer. I don't think we'll be selling unless a. Gio's happy to let them go, or b. We get an insane offer that might not be matched again in summer (ie a 20M for Patterson).

For the books, it really doesn't make a difference if we sell a player or 2 in January, or wait until summer. I don't think we'll be selling unless a. Gio's happy to let them go, or b. We get an insane offer that might not be matched again in summer (ie a 20M for Patterson).
Oh I know, it's more about buying I was talking about.

If we sell I would expect Gio to have some cash from it but I don't think we will buy quite understandably unless we sell due to our financial position and the current uncertainty.

If we lose a few fringe players and bring in the odd loan deal while keeping the heart of the team together(even if its a couple of million bid for Goldson knocked back even with his contract up) by the end of the window then I would be happy.

Oh I know, it's more about buying I was talking about.

If we sell I would expect Gio to have some cash from it but I don't think we will buy quite understandably unless we sell due to our financial position and the current uncertainty.

If we lose a few fringe players and bring in the odd loan deal while keeping the heart of the team together(even if its a couple of million bid for Goldson knocked back even with his contract up) by the end of the window then I would be happy.

Might get a couple of loan to buy options in.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Gio's got planned in the transfer market.
These guys have contacts all over Europe, hopefully got a couple of affordable gems lined up.

Where as Celtic will shit the bed and add a handful.

They're assembling a squad full of misfits from all over the place, playing like headless chickens.
They'll have good enough players to beat the SPFL cannon fodder, but they'll get ripped apart by good teams. Doesn't look like fatty has a clue how to defend.

They're assembling a squad full of misfits from all over the place, playing like headless chickens.
They'll have good enough players to beat the SPFL cannon fodder, but they'll get ripped apart by good teams. Doesn't look like fatty has a clue how to defend.
Being honest the little diving twat is probably their best player right now, hopefully the players they bring in from that league are not quite the same.

The boss strikes me as a man with a plan and plays his cards close to his chest. I’m sure he knows exactly what he wants the squad to be come the end of the transfer window.

If he says he wants to trim the squad/move players on, we get lowballed/need to pay them off.

If he says we are after X/need X, the price goes up.

He's simply keeping the media guessing, although aot will depend on what, if any, offers we receive.

Perhaps even a couple of loans just to beef up the squad, and then look to get some of the squad players who aren't quite at the required level moved on.

"Maybe nothing happens, maybe a lot happens" is rather mysteriously omitted from the headline.
Wouldn't be a proper thread title on here without omitting what was actually said.

Op did you even read the article?

Who are the 9 who are out of contract?

The big one is obviously Goldson.

Presumably the older players on short deals like McGregor , Balogun and Davis

I'd imagine Barker's deal will almost be up.

Who else ?

One of the worst ones for shite stories that you have to click through.

I can't remember what post it was that was the final straw for me, but the article after you clicked the link was %^*& all to do with the headline on the post.

McGregor, Goldson, Davis, Defoe, Arfield, Balogun, McLaughlin, Barker, Firth
I don’t think it will take much to persuade Greegs, McLaughin, Arfield or Balogun to stay if wanted by Gio, I think Davis will be allowed to retire gracefully and the other three allowed to leave.

GIOVANNI VAN BRONCKHORST admits he doesn't expect to be conducting any transfer business during the window.

The Rangers manager is hopeful he will get to the end of January with his current squad firmly intact.

The Light Blues have nine players out of contract at the end of the season although the Dutchman has been assured none of them will be sold next month.

However, van Bronckhorst insists he will be ready to make his move if there is any late change of plan.

The Gers boss said: “I don’t expect anything. You just need to be prepared, that’s the most important thing as a coach.

“You need to be ready for anything. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe a lot, you never know.

We will see where we are as a club at the end of the window.

“As a coach you don’t want to get to the end of the window with a smaller squad than when you started.

So we have to be prepared to decide what to do whatever comes our way.”

Van Bronckhorst has given his Rangers squad some time off after watching them beat St Mirren 2-0 on Boxing Day to go six points clear at the top of the table.

They will report back to their Milngavie training base next week ahead of their trip to Aberdeen on January 18.

Gio said: "Starting again on January 5, we have two weeks to prepare them for Aberdeen and all the games after.

We have even more time to become better as a team.

"The development I've seen in the players has been very positive."
You should get a job writing headlines for the posters they use to sell the Evening Times on the streets (if such a thing still happens). The original click-bait

I would recall Itten if that is a option on his loan deal.

Roofes fitness is unpredictable which leaves us a Morelos injury/suspension away from a dilemma.

Hopefully move on some fringe players to trim the squad a tad

McGregor, Goldson, Davis, Defoe, Arfield, Balogun, McLaughlin, Barker, Firth
Arfield & Balogun I would offer extensions to. I'd imagine both McGregor & Davis will retire

Barker/Firth/Defoe all off the wage bill will be good.

I wouldn't mind seeing McLaughlin stay on.

Back