Gio/Morelos

I think his contract situation needs to be taken into account of any decision

As it stands, I’m not convinced he’ll have loads of teams wanting to sign him given his lack of game time in 6 months plus his well documented physical condition

But if he isn’t going to extend or the club have decided to take the deal off the table as they no longer believe he merits being the highest earner, then he needs to be sold this week for something to allow us to reinvest.

Can’t imagine a Morelos not extending his deal, would give his all for us later in the season as he’s that type of player IMO that would look to protect himself for the future club he’d sign for

Can't see him being back.
The soundbites at the weekend suggested he will be back at some point.

I'm guessing he will have a clear the air talk with Gio and he will work with the clubs trainers to shed weight and get back to full fitness.

I genuinely don't think we will sell him not at this late stage of the window.

His contract situation is well up for debate though.

The soundbites at the weekend suggested he will be back at some point.

I'm guessing he will have a clear the air talk with Gio and he will work with the clubs trainers to shed weight and get back to full fitness.

I genuinely don't think we will sell him not at this late stage of the window.

His contract situation is well up for debate though.
I'm absolutely willing to be wrong, but just can't see anything other than him leaving. It might also be best for Morelos to have a fresh challenge elsewhere. Now that I've said that, he'll probably sign a long term contract, and stay here till he retires.

He’s shown a pathetic level of professionalism for large parts of his spell here. He gets decent leeway to go to Colombia instead of be around the squad, olive branches when he cocks up etc etc.

Time to cut ties I reckon. If you consistently had disciplinary issues at your work and went around twatting people while not adhering to what your boss asked you to do you would get your jotters.

I reckon if he wants to stay he has to at least sign a 1 year extension on current terms to protect club. If he bucks his ideas up he can sign an improved deal.

Otherwise we have to just take what we can now and move on.
Excellent idea

I hope theres no new contract, sell or realease in the summer.
Still causing problems 4 years down the line.

Post of me think this is a much about the contact situation as anything

He's a high earner so the club will either want to pretext that or get money for him

His agents have always been cnuts and Mrs with his head about moves and yes I know that's their job.

If he doesn't plan on signing I think he goes if he talks about his future being here he will. Be kept

Pep talk, lay down the law, shape up or ship out simples, he has the chance to shine on the biggest stage of all. Let’s see if he gets fit quickly, it’s up to him now. I would imagine the contract extension will be put on hold until he is fit.

I have a feeling we will be offering him to teams on a loan with option to buy , as much as I love the guy - he's been in the same merrygoround for a few seasons now , time for both to move on
I cannot see that tbh. Why would a team agree to that when they can sign him for nothing next summer anyway?

I'm going to guess the discussion was along the lines of "sign this 2 year extension or you're sold to some Conference League level team."

Not hard to work out he either commits or leaves this week.

That would be the worst thing we could do, with his attitude and lack of professionalism, selfishness and getting under the skin of fellow players would really run the risk of damaging squad morale. Sign up or ship out I think.
You can only ship out if there are takers.

I think his contract situation needs to be taken into account of any decision

As it stands, I’m not convinced he’ll have loads of teams wanting to sign him given his lack of game time in 6 months plus his well documented physical condition

But if he isn’t going to extend or the club have decided to take the deal off the table as they no longer believe he merits being the highest earner, then he needs to be sold this week for something to allow us to reinvest.

Can’t imagine a Morelos not extending his deal, would give his all for us later in the season as he’s that type of player IMO that would look to protect himself for the future club he’d sign for
Chopping his nose off to spite his face in that case. As you say, he hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months. If he stays with us and has a poor season, that extends to 16 - 18 months he'll have been off the radar. Not exactly the ideal way to sell himself to a big club, or secure a big contract, even on a free. It's in both Rangers and Morelos best interests that he has a really good season, so let's hope he knuckles down.

Club has all the cards. Alfie is unfit and his head needs a rinse. Needs to be a realistic desire to sort both otherwise get rid now. Personally want him to grasp the nettle, smell the coffee and sort himself out. A fit, motivated Morelos would be one hell of an asset by October.

Back