Gio/Morelos

Club has all the cards. Alfie is unfit and his head needs a rinse. Needs to be a realistic desire to sort both otherwise get rid now. Personally want him to grasp the nettle, smell the coffee and sort himself out. A fit, motivated Morelos would be one hell of an asset by October.
Part of the olive branch HAS to include signing a new contract. If he won't sign it now....ship him out now.

Looks like more shit stirring by either,
Sutton, Walker or Stewart, what they don't,
Know about they will fabricate! Aided and abetted,
By the scum press.

I think he’ll be given a reprieve but he’ll probably end up going on a free next summer.
I doubt he’ll be given anything, he’ll need to earn a reprieve - given he’s under contract and isn’t fit enough to be sold this week it could be a long road back. Gio’s already said it’s up to Alfie

He'll kick his arse into gear and be banging in goals soon enough. There is no way he's letting a chance of playing in the Champions League pass him by. He's a mad c*nt, but he's not that mad.

In an ideal world he scores a couple of goals in the Champions League, we get him signed up on a new deal and we sell him for decent money in the future.

Gio has played a blinder. He’s shown him that no player is above the team and he is not about to put up with a poor attitude and unfit players. He handled it with respect and hasn’t bad mouthed him or dropped him to the youth team like some managers would have done. He’s also told him there is a future for him at rangers.

Now Alfie has two options. He’s shows he’s committed to us, gets his head straight and plays in the champions league with the option of either a new contract or a new team in the summer. Or he sulks and is basically bombed out the squad as he’s too unfit to be sold this window and will be struggling for a big club next year because of how he finished his rangers career.

In one move our manager has shown he is ruthless, reasonable, respectful and firm but fair. Not many managers would have done that, they would either have let him carry on being unfit or bombed him out entirely. This whole incident makes me love the guy even more! Gio that is.

I would imagine the conversation was around his attitude plus a new deal.

Promises of an improved attitude for Alfie are, for me, largely meaningless if he doesn't intend on signing a new deal and will walk for free.
If no deal forthcoming, we need to punt him now for a fee.

He’s been given too many chances. Need to go ASAP even if there’s a financial hit. Players turning on him paints a picture.
He cost us $1 million, he owes us nothing, without his goals our last 2 seasons in Europe would not have happened.
I hope he gets his finger out and starts banging the goals in again, even if he doesn’t sign a new contract we need a fit Morelos for the season.

I could be wrong on this but don’t think we can go to the dark side with only one out and out striker in the match day squad. If meeting with manager was positive I wonder could he be on the bench to come on for 25/30 mins if needed.
Even if he signed a new contract tomorrow, he would never be fit enough to even manage 25 minutes, the state of him in his 2 cameo appearances showed that.

Gio has made it clear that it's all down to Morelos on how he wants to respond to the situation. He said he is still very much part of the squad, it's now up to Alfie to see how he wants to proceed.

I think his contract situation needs to be taken into account of any decision

As it stands, I’m not convinced he’ll have loads of teams wanting to sign him given his lack of game time in 6 months plus his well documented physical condition

But if he isn’t going to extend or the club have decided to take the deal off the table as they no longer believe he merits being the highest earner, then he needs to be sold this week for something to allow us to reinvest.

Can’t imagine a Morelos not extending his deal, would give his all for us later in the season as he’s that type of player IMO that would look to protect himself for the future club he’d sign for

I don't see how we'd even broach contract talks at this point tbh.

He's the highest earner at the club and I really doubt he'd consider a wage cut. Given his track record in recent times we'd be genuinely mental to sign him up for another year or two on the same money. Colak has shown there's plenty of value out there.

The fees brought in for Patterson and Bassey lessen the blow of losing him on the cheap. Mistakes were always going to be made with the new transfer model and we can chalk failing to maximise value on Morelos as one of them.

I don't see how we'd even broach contract talks at this point tbh.

He's the highest earner at the club and I really doubt he'd consider a wage cut. Given his track record in recent times we'd be genuinely mental to sign him up for another year or two on the same money. Colak has shown there's plenty of value out there.

The fees brought in for Patterson and Bassey lessen the blow of losing him on the cheap. Mistakes were always going to be made with the new transfer model and we can chalk failing to maximise value on Morelos as one of them.
Alfie helped us to a title, Scottish Cup and many important European wins. We were correct in keeping him. Current situation seems different though, we'll know this week if he stays or goes.

Part of the olive branch HAS to include signing a new contract. If he won't sign it now....ship him out now.
What would be our offer? Do you think he should continue to be on big wages considering the shape he has come back in? I think its a risk. I think we need to sell him, and bring in two more strikers.
Not easy this late in the window, but we have the money.

Alfredo Morelos' agent has contacted Fenerbache over a potential move for the Rangers striker before Thursday's transfer deadline, according to reports in Turkey.

BBC Gossip

Club has all the cards. Alfie is unfit and his head needs a rinse. Needs to be a realistic desire to sort both otherwise get rid now. Personally want him to grasp the nettle, smell the coffee and sort himself out. A fit, motivated Morelos would be one hell of an asset by October.

The club has no cards. It has a nothing hand.

Morelos knows he can walk for free next summer. The club either need to sell him or accept that we'll get nothing for him and let him walk next year. If he isnt going to feature in Gio's plans then the best thing for everybody would be to sell him and to use the money for a replacement. Absolutely no point keeping him to wind down his contract.

And Morelos knows it.

Gio has played a blinder. He’s shown him that no player is above the team and he is not about to put up with a poor attitude and unfit players. He handled it with respect and hasn’t bad mouthed him or dropped him to the youth team like some managers would have done. He’s also told him there is a future for him at rangers.

Now Alfie has two options. He’s shows he’s committed to us, gets his head straight and plays in the champions league with the option of either a new contract or a new team in the summer. Or he sulks and is basically bombed out the squad as he’s too unfit to be sold this window and will be struggling for a big club next year because of how he finished his rangers career.

In one move our manager has shown he is ruthless, reasonable, respectful and firm but fair. Not many managers would have done that, they would either have let him carry on being unfit or bombed him out entirely. This whole incident makes me love the guy even more! Gio that is.
I love how he mentioned Alfie after the PSV game,that he is still part of the team,how can that not put fire in his belly. As you say it's great management by Gio when everyone is kicking him when he's down. I hope he comes back to make certain rags eat their words and I think he will.

What would be our offer? Do you think he should continue to be on big wages considering the shape he has come back in? I think its a risk. I think we need to sell him, and bring in two more strikers.
Not easy this late in the window, but we have the money.
Step1. Protect the asset.

Latest posts

Back