Gio/Morelos

The club has no cards. It has a nothing hand.

Morelos knows he can walk for free next summer. The club either need to sell him or accept that we'll get nothing for him and let him walk next year. If he isnt going to feature in Gio's plans then the best thing for everybody would be to sell him and to use the money for a replacement. Absolutely no point keeping him to wind down his contract.

And Morelos knows it.
Yup all of that may be true for Rangers point of view
However equally Morelos himself needs to get and firing as arsing about this season will jeopardise his future earnings if with another club
He risks a sizeable drop off in signing on fee and earnings when he should be approaching his peak years for earnings and playing
Basically it’s in his interests to knuckle down

I would think that the way gio has handled this and spoke about it in the media, that the whole idea was to get alfie focused on being a rangers player and contributing. It'll be disappointing in the extreme if alfie leaves like this

Disappointed in this tbh. Felt it was the perfect time to offload him.

Chances are, he’ll either run down his contract and sign a pre contract in January and leave in January for buttons, or down tools until the summer for his move

Or he’ll extend his deal with us and we’ll have this same situation in a years time of questions over attitude and physical condition etc now it’s becoming a recurring issue.

Chances are, he’ll either run down his contract and sign a pre contract in January and leave in January for buttons, or down tools until the summer for his move

Or he’ll extend his deal with us and we’ll have this same situation in a years time of questions over attitude and physical condition etc now it’s becoming a recurring issue.
Lol. Just lol

Or it could be Van Bronckhorst's finest hour, and man management par excellence. Time will tell, and right now it's too early to say how this will go, either way.

Or it could be Van Bronckhorst's finest hour, and man management par excellence. Time will tell, and right now it's too early to say how this will go, either way.
It could be.

But I’d say from the evidence we have to go on, we have a player that a Rangers manager has had an issue with publicly for the last 2 or 3 seasons in a row, and he’s a player that very much puts Rangers last when it comes to his list of priorities.

Time will tell as you say.

It could be.

But I’d say from the evidence we have to go on, we have a player that a Rangers manager has had an issue with publicly for the last 2 or 3 seasons in a row, and he’s a player that very much puts Rangers last when it comes to his list of priorities.

Perhaps Van Bronckhorst is the man who brings the best out of him.

Jesus fùcking Christ :D

You're disappointed that the manager has stated Morelos he had is ready to play a part in the future and all seems well. What the actual fùck would seriously have been an outcome thatadd you happy?

Jesus fùcking Christ :D

You're disappointed that the manager has stated Morelos he had is ready to play a part in the future and all seems well. What the actual fùck would seriously have been an outcome thatadd you happy?
For me and many others that commented on this subject before I’m accused of being a “hater”, would have preferred us to shake hands and part ways this week and bring in a striker that doesn’t have a history of discipline, attitude and fitness problems

For me and many others that commented on this subject before I’m accused of being a “hater”, would have preferred us to shake hands and part ways this week and bring in a striker that doesn’t have a history of discipline, attitude and fitness problems
You are really hard work, mate.

Why not jump on a plane a take a couple of weeks off in Benidorm?

There never has been.
Morelos hasnt learned after 5 years and to me is disruptive to the team.
If not sold then let him go in the summer.
He did learn, he was great at times last year, and a very different player from his first couple of years.

He did learn, he was great at times last year, and a very different player from his first couple of years.
At times you say.
Cost us 2 points against Hibs.
This league is a fine line, beat on saturday and we are well behind the 8 ball, had we beat Hibs then a defeat against the tims is manageable.

Why? Because I’m bored of the annual Morelos circus where we have Rangers managers having to go public over his attitude, fitness or discipline issues?
It is not just about Alfie.

You just suck the joy out of being a Bear. You strike me as being a malcontent who will never experience joy and who resents the happiness of everyone else.

As I say, you are hard work.

I doubt Alfie has many options at this point beyond knuckling down.

He’ll have the opportunity of the Champions League to show his worth to potential suitors.

The concern would then be a January pre-contract being signed and his disinterest for the remainder of the season.

It’ll be interesting to see how much Gio uses him. He may not be the automatic starter he once was.

Morelos shouldn’t need the lure of CL football to be ‘interested’ again, I find that insulting.

However, he’s not the only player in the world to be like that. Just get him back and fit again and he can try to get the shirt back off Colak, or even play alongside him.

That's not the significant part here. According to the manager he has responded well to things; you asked that he show maturity, and when he has you're apparently not satisfied.
Canny see maturity at the moment as hes not playing due to not being mature.
He would be a fool if he didnt get himself together.
Last year of his contract and yet another window where no one wants him, must be at least 6 now.

I doubt Alfie has many options at this point beyond knuckling down.

He’ll have the opportunity of the Champions League to show his worth to potential suitors.

The concern would then be a January pre-contract being signed and his disinterest for the remainder of the season.

It’ll be interesting to see how much Gio uses him. He may not be the automatic starter he once was.
Suitors benefits him , not us.
I think we can disregard the first 2 games due to colak, weight, match fit etc.
He will not be playing against the dross of Scotland.-

Canny see maturity at the moment as hes not playing due to not being mature.
He would be a fool if he didnt get himself together.
Last year of his contract and yet another window where no one wants him, must be at least 6 now.
I'm on record in the early pages of this thread by saying I didn't think he would play under Van Bronckhorst again, but if he does it could end up well, for both of them; Van Bronckhorst might be showing remarkable man management in this situation.

It could be.

If its evidence you want, then may I present to you Rangers all time leading scorer in European football.....

When he’s not playing and his stock is down?!

Last throw of the dice.

The potential benefit of a fully fit & focused Morelos far outweighs the risk of offloading him now for a reduced fee & the prospect of no suitable replacement so close to the transfer deadline.

He stays. He screws the nut. We part ways on better terms.

One thing that does concern me though is the impact of yet another reprieve on the rest of the dressing room - GVB’s recent consultation of the senior squad members tells us he wants to gauge perception in the camp as the wrong move could jeopardise everything.

He'll get his head down. Get back fully fit and bang in all sorts of goals. He's carried the team on many occasions. Probably the first time he's had a long term injury. Not always easy to come back from. We'll need him for The Champions League.

He would say that, wouldn’t he? :)

Not a slight on GVB, just that he has a very difficult balancing act here. If Morelos is still playing the fool then he can’t admit that in public, there’s no upside to doing that. Instead, backing him in public at least shows The Petulant One that there’s still a chance he might get back in the team.

Personally, I’d be happy to see the back of him. Players like him are poison - he’s an experienced 26 year old who apparently still can’t be trusted to take care of himself on or off the pitch. He hasn’t learned yet so there is almost zero chance he’s got the capability to learn in the future. The problem is that, at the moment, we’ll get next to nothing for him. Best case scenario is that he bangs in a few goals before Xmas and we sell for a few mill in Jan and replace him with someone who actually has self motivation, commitment and the basics of being an actual professional footballer.

The best chance of that happening is for GVB to avoid rubbishing him in public, regardless of what is really happening behind the scenes. Which is exactly what he’s done. Good PR so far, it will be interesting to see when/if Morelos next surfaces.

Of course you are a hater. I can't recall you ever having anything positive to say about the guy. Nothing. Not even whilst he has been a major factor in restoring our reputation as a force in Europe. Pretending you have a balanced view on Morelos is actually laughable.

Get him on the bench for Saturday, come on and score the winner. All is forgiven then sign a new 4 year deal.

Sorted!

I'm on record in the early pages of this thread by saying I didn't think he would play under Van Bronckhorst again, but if he does it could end up well, for both of them; Van Bronckhorst might be showing remarkable man management in this situation.
Could be right, but sometimes people extend their stay in a job far too long.
I think Morelos needs a new challenge.

In a couple of days, Alfie's value drops to zero, and he can sit tight.
I don't think EPL teams will take him, knowing in any down time, it's out with beer and cakes.
Only one I think would have a punt is Gerrard, who would be taking a known quantity, and he'd be confident of getting/keeping Alfie in shape.

Morelos shouldn’t need the lure of CL football to be ‘interested’ again, I find that insulting.

However, he’s not the only player in the world to be like that. Just get him back and fit again and he can try to get the shirt back off Colak, or even play alongside him.
Correct, he should be focused and as fit possible, as a professional footballer should be. Fight for his place.

In a couple of days, Alfie's value drops to zero, and he can sit tight.
I don't think EPL teams will take him, knowing in any down time, it's out with beer and cakes.
Only one I think would have a punt is Gerrard, who would be taking a known quantity, and he'd be confident of getting/keeping Alfie in shape.
If Gerrard wanted Morelos he’d be there. He’s shopping in a different marketplace now

Back