Gio Wasn’t A Bad Player Either

Incredible goal but mental that the keeper doesn’t go with his left hand.

When I think of Gio in a Rangers jersey, I always think of his goal away to Monaco! But that one for The Netherlands is outstanding!

Is Clive saying 'scores one of the great goals of Euro 2008' an eff up (given this was the World Cup), or is he referring to another Gio worldie?

Giosus Christ. For you have delivered me from death, yes my feet from falling, so that I may walk before god in the light of life.

Same here, after Sturm Graz at home then that 1 nil win away to Monaco I thought that was the year!
Me too ,I thought we were on at something that year
simeone's equaliser was a right side one

I might be right in saying Monaco brought no away support ,apart from some vip's in the directors box ?

Shouldn’t go across your body with your arm..left arm for shots to your left, and right arm for those to your right - obviously get more reach as it’s ‘stretching’ far less of a distance in comparison.

Hold your left arm to your left, and now see if you can get to the same spot with your right…it’ll be a foot shorter.

Not saying he would’ve saved it, but it’s poor goalkeeping all the same.

Shouldn’t go across your body with your arm..left arm for shots to your left, and right arm for those to your right - obviously get more reach as it’s ‘stretching’ far less of a distance in comparison.

Hold your left arm to your left, and now see if you can get to the same spot with your right…it’ll be a foot shorter.

Says he also scored one of the goals of Euro 2008.

Bern trying to find it, only goal he scored that tournament was the third v Italy (2.30 in video below) which was a great counter attack:

Yeah i saw that one as well...I doubt that's the one that Clive was talking about

How high and wide can you get your left arm to the left compared to your right arm getting over to the left? How quickly can you move your feet to get in position for the jump (is the ball traveling too fast to get in position to use the same side hand)? How strong is your left compared to the right hand? There are a good few reasons to use a top hand save instead of bottom hand.

Not just any World Cup goal, but a goal that put his country 1-0 up in a World Cup Semi Final and would be important in ensuring Holland got to the final with a 3-2 win.

I was having a chat to some of my younger cousins mates in Seville about Gio as a player, they're 18 odds and didn't grow up watching guys like this.

I shudder to think the midfields they watched, Ian Black and Kyle Hutton etc...

Back