Official Giovanni van Bronckhorst appointed Rangers manager (all updates)

I’ve been away all weekend and missed all the news from Thursday night onwards.

What is Giovanni van Bronckhorst backroom staff as of tomorrow?

Gio has a bit of a challenge on his hands trying to polarise this team. Since the Malmo defeat things have gone downhill. Gerrard's attitude changed and I am sure that his negativity rubbed of on some of the players.
There are some who are under the delusion that they will be following Gerrard to Villa and they are in for a massive wake up call.
I am pretty sure that Gio will stamp his authority and weed out those who are more loyal to Gerrard than they are to Rangers

Gio seems the professional type & I daresay he would have done some diligence on us, but with us being 4 points clear, a win away from EL advance & a cup semi, I would imagine there didn't seem to be too much to be concerned about.

Today would surely have him seriously concerned about the task in hand...

Gio has a bit of a challenge on his hands trying to polarise this team. Since the Malmo defeat things have gone downhill. Gerrard's attitude changed and I am sure that his negativity rubbed of on some of the players.
There are some who are under the delusion that they will be following Gerrard to Villa and they are in for a massive wake up call.
I am pretty sure that Gio will stamp his authority and weed out those who are more loyal to Gerrard than they are to Rangers
No one on our team would get on the villa bench at this moment in time sadly. as I would like SG to come in for some of these bottlers

When is the rest of his staff getting announced? Surely this will all be complete and in place for first training session, thought i heard mccallum saying they would be involved in first team training next week.

Sorry if I’ve missed this, is there an official unveiling today? As in media, pictures in the trophy room all that stuff? I know there’s a press conference but is that everything to expect? Just don’t want to miss anything.

Who was the first rangers manager to be revealed in the blue room . A manager only ever does one interview in the room the first one then rest are done in press room

Any further news on who the next coach to be announced is?

I see Van Gastel is following the clubs Instagram account (2+2=5)

Any further news on who the next coach to be announced is?

I see Van Gastel is following the clubs Instagram account (2+2=5)
Apparently the club Van Gastel manages are having huge financial issues and he could be released.

Still not sure we are even after him, it was denied last week but seems an obvious target

Apparently the club Van Gastel manages are having huge financial issues and he could be released.

Still not sure we are even after him, it was denied last week but seems an obvious target

Dembele for 6 month to see us over the line

Lol

What a baptism of fire Gio faces. With the entire previous backroom staff slinking off into the night, a catastrophic performance on Sunday, rumours of players being unsettled and having switched off off and only two days to pick and motivate a team to perform in a crucial must win European tie, this must rank as one of the most challenging start to any new managers career. If Gio can pull it off, he will be an instant hero.

I may have missed it in the blizzard of the last couple of days but I noticed Colin Stewart wasn't in the GVB staff photo - was this just a photo of the new boys, or can we expect a GK coach change as well?

I may have missed it in the blizzard of the last couple of days but I noticed Colin Stewart wasn't in the GVB staff photo - was this just a photo of the new boys, or can we expect a GK coach change as well?
Pretty sure CS is staying. There’s plenty of physios, the doctor, stats folk etc that are staying. Probably just getting photos with the actual new management staff Gio is bringing in.

Anyone else noticed one big difference between Gio and our previous manager... Mrs VanB
She seems to want to be fully involved, attending dinners, the cup final, etc.
I think this is great to see - if she understands the job and our manager is fully supported by his wife (and sons) he will be more content; and hopefully more successful!

Anyone else noticed one big difference between Gio and our previous manager... Mrs VanB
She seems to want to be fully involved, attending dinners, the cup final, etc.
I think this is great to see - if she understands the job and our manager is fully supported by his wife (and sons) he will be more content; and hopefully more successful!

We blaming Gerrard's wife now? Haha

Obviously not but what he means is that Gio and crew seem to be fully committed which is a huge thing considering the latter version of our previous management certainly weren't that.

I think I'll reserve judgement on Gio's perceived commitment until we have more evidence than his wife being present at a dinner and one game, a couple of days after his unveiling.

For the record, I'm not saying I doubt Gio's commitment, just that we seem hell bent on finding a reason to castigate Gerrard or justify his exit - even if it means citing his wife's lack of presence at games as some sort of insight into his commitment levels.

I think I'll reserve judgement on Gio's perceived commitment until we have more evidence than his wife being present at a dinner and one game, a couple of days after his unveiling.

For the record, I'm not saying I doubt Gio's commitment, just that we seem hell bent on finding a reason to castigate Gerrard or justify his exit - even if it means citing his wife's lack of presence at games as some sort of insight into his commitment levels.

Last time I’m posting it on here as no one wants to digest it

Gerrards focus and attention left the building before last season ended.

I’ve never ever been a fan of Gerrards management style so it’s easyier for me to say it perhaps

Why not we've blamed everything else
Haha
We can’t really blame Mrs G but you know it was cited as one of the main reasons/excuses our previous manager wanted to move (closer to home).
As ricksen24 said, the point is our new manager and his crew seem fully committed - as opposed to what we saw from the previous management so far this season

Haha
We can’t really blame Mrs G but you know it was cited as one of the main reasons/excuses our previous manager wanted to move (closer to home).
As ricksen24 said, the point is our new manager and his crew seem fully committed - as opposed to what we saw from the previous management so far this season

They were fully committed when they were in bubbles - not in question. And they were very good whilst fully committed no matter what I think of them !

Back