Official Giovanni van Bronckhorst appointed Rangers manager (all updates)

Wheres this Dodds chat coming from ?
It's from Derek Ferguson on the Open Goal coupon show. It was mentioned on twitter or something this week when a Scottish coach was being mentioned and Dodds name came up along with Barry and Thomson and they sat and discussed it.

It's from Derek Ferguson on the Open Goal coupon show. It was mentioned on twitter or something this week when a Scottish coach was being mentioned and Dodds name came up along with Barry and Thomson and they sat and discussed it.

Think it stems from him missing an Inverness game last week. Was he in charge last night for their game ?

I for one am really happy that we’ve got Gio and firmly believe he’s the right man for the job but a 3.5 years contract means he absolutely has to deliver as if he turns out to be a PLG or a Pedro we wouldn’t be able to afford to sack him.

Last edited:
I for one am really happy that we’ve got Gio and firmly believe he’s the right man for the job but a 3.5 years contract means he absolutely has to deliver as if he turns out to be a PLG or a Pedro we wouldn’t be able to afford to sack him.
That's the spirit:)

What a player Derek was and he seems like a nice guy. But we won't be seeing him on Mastermind any time soon.
Would need to watch it back again don't think he said at any point Dodds should get the job. He even said Barry wouldn't take the job as he wants to be a manager but aye he's not the brightest button.

Late to the party but welcome back Gio! At least this time we have a manager that properly gets Rangers and has the backing from many club legends who helped him grow as a player when he was here the first time round under Dick Advocaat. Unlike some managers that would drop everything at the drop of a hat just to further their career. Loyalty means nothing to some.

Van Bronckhorst and Ronaldinho were arguably the most effective forward/defender partnership in the world during the Rijkaard era. I wonder what Tav and Borna will be thinking just now. They must be buzzing.

Ten Cate:

"As a coach, it is your job to position your team in such a way that the team takes maximum advantage of the available player qualities. Ronaldinho, in Frank Rijkaard's Barcelona, was a good example from my own coaching career. We started with Ronaldinho at the number 10 position. That was a disaster. He never switched back after losing ball, so we were always short on midfield. Then we put it on the left flank. There he had players in his back who were willing to make dirty meters and support him defensively. Giovanni van Bronckhorst in particular did that. With Jordi Alba, for example, it will not work out that way. But Gio put himself out for Ronaldinho and thus for the team. "

I think Van Bronckhorst is, after Souness, our second most decorated manager as a player, winning Leauge titles and, of course, a CL, and he also played in a WC Final; although he didn't win a league title with Feynoord as a player, he made up for that by winning the title as manager. This tells us that as a serial winner, he definitely brings a great deal to the table in becoming manager of our great club. Hopefully this is a very successful chapter for the club about to come.

I would listen to anything that lot say on there, Ferguson talks a load of pish.

The 17th permanent manager of the famous Rangers FC.

20211120-222425.jpg

Was meant to spend today getting caught up on work after spending way too much time on FF this week following the Gio saga and tracking planes etc.

So I set up in my wee home office this morning but wasn’t very productive with a life size cutout of SG looking over my shoulder.

Problem solved. No ceremonial burnings or punching phuck out of a piece of cardboard here.

p0YDJ4p.jpg

Was meant to spend today getting caught up on work after spending way too much time on FF this week following the Gio saga and tracking planes etc.

So I set up in my wee home office this morning but wasn’t very productive with a life size cutout of SG looking over my shoulder.

Problem solved. No ceremonial burnings or punching phuck out of a piece of cardboard here.

R
p0YDJ4p.jpg
I hope the 11 in your username is your age?

His interview is coming up locked on my RTV despite being a subscriber and logged in. Anyone any ideas?

p0YDJ4p.jpg
For a moment I thought he was floating in space

p0YDJ4p.jpg
It looks like you broke Gerrard's legs before his head turned into GvB's :))

Back