Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

I guess people on here still think they are the ones that engineer the prices of players. So weird. Like the posters last season pretending to get outraged when Kamara was linked to Juve for £7million because it “wasn’t nearly enough” :D

Somewhat dampened when they then wanted him dropped when we played Livi of course. I guess Juve scouts didn’t read those posts though....

I think we’d be bonkers to turn down £10M if it’s true. He’s a good player, but too inconsistent to be ignoring that sort of money. Not to mention if given the choice, I’d far rather keep Alfie if the money allowed it.

For me, he is a Hemdani. Class player technically and generally excels against teams who want to pass it.

But doesn't give enough in the Scottish game. If Smith was manager, I don't think he would play much in the SPFL but would be first name on the teamsheet in Europe.

We will not be getting £10 million from English Championship clubs for anyone. The turnstiles are closed and they're mostly skint. It's a buyer's market - most clubs will be looking to cut costs where they can. They won't be taking £10 million punts on SPL midfielders with a goals to games ratio approaching 1 to100

I think we’d be bonkers to turn down £10M if it’s true. He’s a good player, but too inconsistent to be ignoring that sort of money. Not to mention if given the choice, I’d far rather keep Alfie if the money allowed it.

I'm usually the one having a go at people for undervaluing our players, but people thinking we'll get £10m or even thinking we should knock back £10m for Kamara is mental (in my opinion of course).

We will not be getting £10 million from English Championship clubs for anyone. The turnstiles are closed and they're mostly skint. It's a buyer's market - most clubs will be looking to cut costs where they can. They won't be taking £10 million punts on SPL midfielders with a goals to games ratio approaching 1 to100

Where's your evidence that the market has been hugely affected by Covid?

And the quoted interest is from abroad.

Id keep him. If he goes we see more of Davis and I'm sorry, but that's not a good thing.
Kamara is a good player.

I’d keep him.

And I’d play him alongside Jack, even against the worst sides in the league - regardless of how many posters claim that they shouldn’t play in the same midfield, against eg St Mirren at home.

Fortunately for me, I think SG will do the same.

Honestly don't think we'd miss him at all tbh. Tidy enough player but doesn't offer enough defensively or going forward.

Talk of £10m is just ridiculous. We laugh at them when they suggest the likes of Ajer or McGregor are £20m+ players. This is no different.

I doubt they would to be fair. We only paid £50k to get him a few months before we’d have got him in a free. Dundee wouldn’t have had any real bargaining power
Yeh I hope we get £50m and that prick Nelms cries tears into his curdled horlicks!

I'm usually the one having a go at people for undervaluing our players, but people thinking we'll get £10m or even thinking we should knock back £10m for Kamara is mental (in my opinion of course).

Likewise, I think we’re terrible as a support for undervaluing our players, but £10M seems genuinely more than reasonable for Kamara, all things considered.

Most people wouldn’t have him in their team if everyone was fit, so it would be crazy to knock back that sort of money if it either strengthens the first team, or allows us to keep Alfie.

£10m is a good sum. I think its fair an hopefully sets the tone for other sales and show we want the correct value for players should the offers and sales come about. None of this half the value nonsense I.e. 13m for Morelos

Heavy interest from Dynamo Moscow and Dynamo Kiew with further interest in England for £10 million apparently I think we should cash in on him that money could buy us a better DM and maybe another creative midfielder.

https://www.90min.com/posts/Rangers...e-host-of-premier-league-clubs?utm_source=RSS

Exclusive - Eastern European outfits Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Moscow are both lining up bids for Rangers midfielder Glen Kamara this summer, joining a host of Premier League clubs in the race for the 24-year-old.

Kamara joined the Scottish giants from Dundee for a mere £50,000 fee in January 2019; evolving into a prominent member of Steven Gerrard's starting XI at Ibrox in a defensive midfield role.

Kamara has shone under the guidance of Steven Gerrard at Ibrox | Ian MacNicol/Getty Images
The former Arsenal academy student appeared 19 times in the Scottish Premiership for the Gers last time out and has completed 90 minutes in their two opening games of the 2020/21 league campaign thus far.

His impressive consistency, however, means the Finnish star has evolved into a man in demand this summer.

Sources have indicated to 90min that Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Russian outfit Dinamo Moscow are ready to pay up to £10m to secure Kamara's signature, and although Rangers do not want to lose the 24-year-old, they're also not in a position to turn down a substantial bid for his services.

The two eastern European sides aren't the only clubs with a recognised interest in the Gers midfielders, though, he's also garnered plenty of interest from the Premier League and a return to England certainly isn't off the table.

Chris Wilder's Sheffield United are one of the many Premier League clubs interested in Kamara | PETER POWELL/Getty Images
Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Everton, Newcastle and Southampton are all believed to have expressed an interest, along with Championship duo Norwich and Brentford.

Nevertheless, Kamara - who's break out campaign also caught the eye of French giants Marseille - revealed back in January that he wasn't prepared to let the speculation over his future affect his career.

"The manager hasn’t spoken to me about the speculation at all," he said. "It has been a big turnaround when I think back 12 months. I’m just pleased to be here and want to keep working hard.

Kamara will represent Finland at next summer's European Championships | James Williamson - AMA/Getty Images
"Coming up to Scotland was definitely one of my best decisions. It was to get game-time under my belt in men’s football and it has worked out well."

Kamara is set to play a key role in Finland's bow at the European Championships next summer, although it remains to be seen whether he'll still be a Rangers player by the time the tournament rolls around.
If…true...at that price …it’s a no brainer!
Great player, but suffers lapses in concentration that can sometimes prove costly.
Still...a player that Gerrard likes and trusts.
But 10 mill...come on.That shouldn’t need much deliberation.Surely.

If by getting 10 mill for Kamara means we don't sell anyone else this summer then it's great business. Don't think we could turn that amount down for him.

10m for Kamara is crazy money. Somebody mentioned Hemdani, yes he’s that but loses possession more. I know he’s a defensive midfielder, but he’s zero threat going forward. He’s above average at keeping possession, but if anybody offered north of 3m, it would be good business.
I’m sure the “don’t undervalue our players” crew will be along shortly, but just because a paper posts a bullshit valuation and ghost offer, doesn’t make it a value.
Sorry folks, but nobody is buying Glen Kamara for 10m.

I'd take half even... I really like Kamara but for that money you can easily replace him and still make a nice profit.

Assuming that there is some grain of truth in the 10mil for Kamara story, it then begs the question, what valuation should Rangers apply to Morelos? After all, Morelos is by any objective measure, much more important to the fortunes of Rangers than Kamara.
Exactly, we’re struggling to get offers beyond 16m for the top scorer in the Europa League, but we think we’re getting 10m for a player that’s not guaranteed to start week to week. It’s unrealistic.

Kamara isn’t the weak link in our midfield he’s made out to be on here.

But for £10 million then yes I’d reluctantly let him go.

Possibly, and I'm sure Wilson will negotiate, but the model of the club has to be buy low sell high. And a 10 million profit is very high
10m for Kamara is crazy money. Somebody mentioned Hemdani, yes he’s that but loses possession more. I know he’s a defensive midfielder, but he’s zero threat going forward. He’s above average at keeping possession, but if anybody offered north of 3m, it would be good business.
I’m sure the “don’t undervalue our players” crew will be along shortly, but just because a paper posts a bullshit valuation and ghost offer, doesn’t make it a value.
Sorry folks, but nobody is buying Glen Kamara for 10m.

He's been one of THE key players in both our euro runs which is probably why he's attracting attention now. A seasoned internationalist who's made the step up to a bigger club seamlessly..... Nobody is selling Glen Kamara for 3mil!

If true £10m isn’t a bad return on investment of £50k. Would prefer to keep him but that’s a big profit for what we paid.

if you could invest half of that on a playsr KC similar quality and bank the other half that’s a good return.

The reason you would sell is he cost 50k and you’d be getting ten million for a player who quite frankly is easily replaceable for a fraction of that.
We can get more and I’m not so sure he’s easily replaced. We’re in the process of looking for some sort of CM and I don’t think it’s easy to what we need. I accept £10m would be hard to knock back, but his value will be higher after the Euros.

Why would any black player want to go to Russia
There’s loads here, to be honest in all the games I’ve been to our here there’s only been one quite outlandish show of racism and that was when in the away section at a Spartak Dynamo derby match.

Apparently Zenit and Torpedo Moscow are the worst but in the Zenit games I’ve been to I’ve yet to see or hear any racist chants or banners. And Malcom is very popular right now.

I think like many things about Russia the old tropes about them hating black people and being massive racists are tired and outdated. Suits the western propaganda narrative to spin that tho. Same as the supposed rampaging hooligans beating up all and sundry at the World Cup. Again the only violence I saw was when Dynamo played at Spartak, Russian games are so heavily policed and often the football so boring that there’s not much chance of being caught up in trouble as a normal fan at the stadium.

Russia is far more multicultural and multi-ethnic than most places - especially Scotland - given how big the USSR was and all the constituent peoples moved around it over the years.

Regarding Kamara, we’d have to take £10m if this was to be something more than just paper talk nonsense (and that website linked has a tradition of talking pish). Dynamo Moscow are a team who often play a tidy if boring possession based passing game and Kamara is better than the current defensive midfielders they have on the books at present, so they may well be interested. They are owned by VTB Bank so despite their paltry attendances cash isn’t hard to come to by for them. And with FFP seemingly a busted flush they may well be opening the chequebook now as they are desperate to get back up the pecking order in Russian football after a massive fall from grace in recent years.

Last edited:
Are you not hypothetically valuing him higher because he will be playing at a tournament? He could have a great euros, he could have a poor euros or he could get injured. You cant say either way for certain.
Exactly, but on the balance of probably based on his previous international appearances I’m happy to say he’ll have a good tournament which pushes his price up.

Back