Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

10m?

will that make him the cheapest CM to be starting for his country at the euros or are there other Euro qualified CM’s out there worth less?

10 million is a good bit of business but i rathered he stayed.If he plays to his potential consistently hes a cracking player.

Kamara is massively underrated by our support who expect him to be something he's not. £10m is not enough for me. He is an established international with lots of potential and is a big game player. The fact that we got him for 50k is irrelevant. We should be making teams pay more for our players and stop being a soft touch. You wouldnt get a player of kamaras ability for £10m if he played outside of Scotland

98% passing success on Sunday and plenty of those passes were around the St Mirren box, including supplying Alfredo for our 1st goal.

I agree he could be guilty of slowing domestic games down at times last season, but there's been a huge improvement in his positivity and tempo this season.

Don't judge him on last season mate.
It’s too early for me to say he’s worked on his weaknesses and improved but last year was bad at times. Silly possession exchanges from short passes were not uncommon in his game. Not a player I would be in a hurry to move on but I don’t think he’s a starter which is why I would accept 10m. If he can improve those small niggles then he will be a fantastic player but I don’t think we can afford the silly mistakes this season.

All I have to judge him on is last season, hopefully come end of season - this is one of they threads that get bumped. I do love Kamara but this season is the most important in a long time and if we can replace him with better then we must. That goes for 1-11, no room for the misty eyes.

I like Kamara, he can tackle and can make a good pass, plus he improved on his showing thus far in the early new season. But we would be mad to turn a £10mil offer on a player that cost £50k.

they people who are suggesting that Kamara is easily replaced...with who? Do you not think if there was another midfielder available for £50k with the same ability, we'd have gone for one already?

Sorry mate but Imm going to have to disagree with you. I like Kamara but i think he slows our play down quite a lot. He also hands silly possession away, you said he’s the best at retaining possession but he can’t pass for nout. He has a nice touch and can beat a player but we need it consistently not every so often. We need a better version of Kamara.

His pass completion rate is incredible. I'm sure it was actually one of the best (if not the actual best) in the whole of the Europa League last season.

The reason Kamara will be on the radar of so many clubs is because his actual stats in terms of distance covered and pass completion etc is outstanding. He's also young still, with plenty of scope to improve. He has a far higher ceiling than Ryan Jack (who's at his peak), who I actually like btw, that's not a slight on Ryan Jack at all but Kamara has the ability to go and play in one of the top leagues if he keeps developing.

It’s too early for me to say he’s worked on his weaknesses and improved but last year was bad at times. Silly possession exchanges from short passes were not uncommon in his game. Not a player I would be in a hurry to move on but I don’t think he’s a starter which is why I would accept 10m. If he can improve those small niggles then he will be a fantastic player but I don’t think we can afford the silly mistakes this season.

All I have to judge him on is last season, hopefully come end of season - this is one of they threads that get bumped. I do love Kamara but this season is the most important in a long time and if we can replace him with better then we must. That goes for 1-11, no room for the misty eyes.

I think he's ahead of Jack Davis and Arfield in the pecking order for one of the two central midfield positions in Gerrard's eyes now mate.

As for replacing him with better, then I think that applies to everyone in the team.

Nobody is irreplaceable.

I've already said £10 million for a player who cost us £50k would be almost impossible for us to turn down.

My gripe was more with the posters who think he's bang average and simply don't understand or appreciate the contribution he makes to our current side.

Kamara offers more than Jack and at the moment Davis.

There's no guarantee that Davis is going to regain any form.

Jack is what, 5 years older than Kamara and I'd edge Kamara above Jack in terms of ability and making the team tick over. Kamaras positioning is also superior.

Kamara loves a blind pass for some reason, I put this down to him thinking everyone knows where they are supposed to be, but it looks utterly horrific when he misplaces a pass.

He can also get caught on the ball, again, perhaps because he's a little bit cocky and thinks no one is taking the ball off him.

The weight of pass he plays is superior to most in the team.

People would like to take this away from us, leaving us with Jack and Davis, for the sake of £10m.

Stop undervaluing our players.

He is a very tidy player but no danger we could turn that sort of money down for Kamara. He seems to perform better in Europe than domestically, due to it suiting his game imo.

His pass completion rate is incredible. I'm sure it was actually one of the best (if not the actual best) in the whole of the Europa League last season.

The reason Kamara will be on the radar of so many clubs is because his actual stats in terms of distance covered and pass completion etc is outstanding. He's also young still, with plenty of scope to improve. He has a far higher ceiling than Ryan Jack (who's at his peak), who I actually like btw, that's not a slight on Ryan Jack at all but Kamara has the ability to go and play in one of the top leagues if he keeps developing.

maybe so, but I don’t need stats to tell me what I can see with my own eyes. He’s partial to a nuke and we can’t afford it this season.

maybe so, but I don’t need stats to tell me what I can see with my own eyes. He’s partial to a nuke and we can’t afford it this season.

You're remembering one off mistakes that have led to goals. You can't argue with a 98% pass rate (like it was at the weekend) just because your eyes are telling you something different.

We could go through every player in the team and pick out a mistake by them that has led to us conceding a goal.

He's a very good passer of the football and this is backed up by hard stats.

The reason you would sell is he cost 50k and you’d be getting ten million for a player who quite frankly is easily replaceable for a fraction of that.
What he cost shouldn’t come into his price tbh especially when the only cost 50k because of we signed him on a pre-contract. I would sell for £10m, though.

Mate, McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Helander, Barisic and Jack have all cost us goals over the past couple of seasons.

Now for the avoidance of doubt, I like all of these players and don't want them replaced, but it's very unfair to single Kamara out, when there's others been far more culpable.

McGregor and Katic, in particular, get a very easy ride on here and have been to blame for more goals than Kamara.

Mate, McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Helander, Barisic and Jack have all cost us goals over the past couple of seasons.

Now for the avoidance of doubt, I like all of these players and don't want them replaced, but it's very unfair to single Kamara out, when there's others been far more culpable.

McGregor and Katic, in particular, get a very easy ride on here and have been to blame for more goals than Kamara.
I not one of Kamara’s biggest fans but so far this season I have seen a big improvement in him. I’m not sure maybe people are talking about him giving away goals but certainly last season the amount of times he gave the ball away under little or no pressure was pretty poor.
I don’t have any wish to see him pushed out the door but I think for Rangers 10m with a sell on would be a great offer.

I know but this is a thread about Glen Kamara. We need better than Kamara as our starting CM. If you asked me last season, i’d have given you a different answer. We need to replicate the quality we have up top now throughout the squad and i’m of the opinion that Kamara isn’t there.

I not one of Kamara’s biggest fans but so far this season I have seen a big improvement in him. I’m not sure maybe people are talking about him giving away goals but certainly last season the amount of times he gave the ball away under little or no pressure was pretty poor.
I don’t have any wish to see him pushed out the door but I think for Rangers 10m with a sell on would be a great offer.

It's our business model going forward mate and I 100% get it.

I'd prefer to keep him until after the Euros, as he will likely have a very good tournament and his value will soar, but I do understand the economics of the situation.

Kamara will do well in a less physical league where he has more time on the ball. I’ve said on here before, I think he switches off quite often for us and isn’t key to how we play, a good player when he’s on it but it’s not often enough for me. 10-12m and a sell on clause and I’m sure we could get a more suitable replacement in for that

I know but this is a thread about Glen Kamara. We need better than Kamara as our starting CM. If you asked me last season, i’d have given you a different answer. We need to replicate the quality we have up top now throughout the squad and i’m of the opinion that Kamara isn’t there.
Because of one or two mistakes?

That's a genuine question because it's the only thing you're really referencing to substantiate that opinion.

Fair enough mate, it's all about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

I look at a 24 year old who is maturing in front of our eyes and is head and shoulders above any other central midfielder in the country.

The beauty of a forum. :))

Because of one or two mistakes?

That's a genuine question because it's the only thing you're really referencing to substantiate that opinion.
Not because of one or two mistakes no, because of countless performances where he has hidden, given away stupid posession, rabbit in headlights etc.

Fair enough mate, it's all about opinions and you are perfectly entitled to yours.

I look at a 24 year old who is maturing in front of our eyes and is head and shoulders above any other central midfielder in the country.

The beauty of a forum. :))
Best in the country... If you think that, just wait til u see the big guy with dreadlocks that plays for us mate ;)

This for me too mate, admittedly there are times when he looks a class player and maybe he's turned the corner, and I understand he's young, but there were times last season, and for long stretches, that he looks like he'd never played football before.

He will undoubtedly turn out to be a fine midfielder, but if the 10 mil is correct (big if) then at this point in time it's a sure thing that he'll be gone.

Not because of one or two mistakes no, because of countless performances where he has hidden, given away stupid posession, rabbit in headlights etc.
He never hides, that's an unfair criticism to level at him.

He had one or two shockers in Europe post January but the entire squad did, I don't know how much of a part the state of the pitch played in that but you'd imagine it contributed in some way.

Kamara has been absolutely vital to us completely bossing the midfield against some very good European teams and Celtic, so much so that he is preferred to Aribo in those games.

£10m is a fair offer for him if there is any truth in the rumour but it's not a figure that we should immediately accept, we are significantly weaker without him in the squad.

He never hides, that's an unfair criticism to level at him.

He had one or two shockers in Europe post January but the entire squad did, I don't know how much of a part the state of the pitch played in that but you'd imagine it contributed in some way.

Kamara has been absolutely vital to us completely bossing the midfield against some very good European teams and Celtic, so much so that he is preferred to Aribo in those games.

£10m is a fair offer for him if there is any truth in the rumour but it's not a figure that we should immediately accept, we are significantly weaker without him in the squad.
I think if he was vital and preferred over Aribo then we wouldn’t be saying £10m is a fair offer. It’s quite evident he is not vital to our gameplay. All about opinions.

It would not be FF with everyone agreeing now would it. If we were to sell would we bring in a better quality player? My opinion is keep him until after Euros like MU. Kamara is a player who is still developing.

Best in the country... If you think that, just wait til u see the big guy with dreadlocks that plays for us mate ;)

:))
Big Joe is different class mate, but I don't really class him as a central midfielder.

He's more advanced than that in the new formation this season.

Superb player.

:))
Big Joe is different class mate, but I don't really class him as a central midfielder.

He's more advanced than that in the new formation this season.

Superb player.

Aribo will be pivotal this season for us. His touch and close control is different class and he looks as if he’s hit the gym during lockdown. Lee Bowyer must be raging.

A very good player. Highly technical and has a great football brain.

Will be far more appreciated if/when he moves to a club in a league with a better technical level i.e. any league outside Scotland!!

Some of the players around him are just not on the same wavelength as him at times. He's a few steps ahead of many. I certainly rate him far higher than Jack, for example.

Did Kamara get any assists or goals last season? Best in the country?

Sergio Busquets and Fernandinho both went without any assists, or goals for 2 seasons.

Don't think any Barca or City fans were complaining too much mate.

As long as he is supplying plenty ball for our creative players, plus protecting the defence, then he is doing his job.

Played a great first time ball to Morelos for him to create the first goal on Sunday.

Sergio Busquets and Fernandinho both went without any assists, or goals for 2 seasons.

As long as he is supplying plenty ball for our creative players, plus protecting the defence, then he is doing his job.

Played a great first time ball to Morelos for him to create the first goal on Sunday.
Thats fine if you have messi hitting 40+, Suarez or Aguero hitting 30+ And then the rest of the midfield chipping in. We aren’t Barcelona. The crux of the matter is he played well between oct-dec and everything outside that was average. Absolutely flung the game at Tynecastle after new year. We need bigger numbers than that from a creative midfielder. If he builds on that and has a good season then i’ll hold my hands up but it begs the question, why now? Whats changed? Hopefully having some extra firepower can take the pressure off the midfielders to contribute - that’s the only thing I can think of.

Tin hat on - I think we would miss him more than we would miss Ryan Jack.

True, there have been a couple of brainfades where he has been caught on his heels or tried a blind pass near our own box under pressure, but he is only 24 and his ball retention is generally fabulous

10m is a huge temptation for a guy that cost buttons, but a midfield of Kamara, Aribo and a new mobile box to box guy would work really well imho

Think Crispy Bacon got out the wrong side of bed this morning. Best DM job is to stop goals being scored against their team. Now remind me how many clean sheets we have had so far this season. Leave Aribo Kent Hagi Roofe etc to put the ball in the onion bag.

Thats fine if you have messi hitting 40+, Suarez or Aguero hitting 30+ And then the rest of the midfield chipping in. We aren’t Barcelona. The crux of the matter is he played well between oct-dec and everything outside that was average. We need bigger numbers than that from a creative midfielder. If he builds on that and has a good season then i’ll hold my hands up but it begs the question, why now? Whats changed?

It's not his fault if Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Alfredo, Defoe, Itten and Roofe don't take their chances mate.

His job is to control possession, ensure the attacking players see plenty ball and protect the defence.

That is what him and Jack, plus Davis and Arfield (if they play) will be judged on.

He's certainly done that to the letter at Pittodrie and last Sunday.

He definitely hasn't hidden. If there's one thing he can be criticised for it's sometimes holding on to the ball in tight situations where he's exposed and that is the exact opposite of hiding. The easy option would be to hoof the ball clear but he tries to keep possession in these spots and we all know what Ibrox is like if you give away possession there. For me that takes more bravery than running around the park launching into 50/50's etc.

It's not his fault if Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Alfredo, Defoe, Itten and Roofe don't take their chances mate.

His job is to control possession, ensure the attacking players see plenty ball and protect the defence.

That is what him and Jack, plus Davis and Arfield (if they play) will be judged on.

He's certainly done that to the letter at Pittodrie and last Sunday.
Again i’ll be over the moon if he rights his wrongs this year but using Busquets and Fernandinho as a rationale for Kamara hitting 0 goals and 0 assists doesn’t make it any better. He’s playing in Scotland. A tidy player yes of course, but, I’ve watched worse players have better seasons.

Again i’ll be over the moon if he rights his wrongs this year but using Busquets and Fernandinho as a rationale for Kamara hitting 0 goals and 0 assists doesn’t make it any better. He’s playing in Scotland. A tidy player yes of course, but, I’ve watched worse players have better seasons.

Well we'll see mate.

Would you agree he was outstanding on Sunday and far more dynamic in possession than last season?

His current salary and the new salary being offered will play a huge part of the valuation. 10m wouldn’t be outrageous for a player of his quality, salary and the remaining contract he has.

Going for a title and get rid of one the mainstays in team. That makes perfect sense...

Thing is, other posters have constantly said that Jack and/or Kamara need to be replaced by better people as they are too slow and whatnot.

I for one would - in most games, only play one of them anyway and IMHO, Kamara would be the better option. That said, both usually take one step too many before making a pass, which slows any quick transition play down.

Be that as it may, if someone throws silly money our way, even "just" 5m, would be great business for the club.

AND, as with Tavernier, the world would not stop revolving should Kamara leave. The management will have people in mind for most positions and we'll simply have to wait and see how future Gers will perform.

Back