Glen Kamara linked With £10 million Move

Kamara for me is the best in that deep midfield role.

Theres other midfielders Id move on before him but wouldnt get anywhere near that kinda money for them.

I think the wee man will excel

He’s a really easy player to watch but I’m not sure he contributes much that makes a difference to us winning or losing.
He doesn’t score, make key passes or defend particularly well.
He’s quite good at starting moves but I think that’s the area we’re looking to sign someone better anyway.
Of all our sellable assets he’s the easiest to replace even if he subsequently goes for more money down the line

It’s a nice wedge of cash that’s for sure but it would leave us needing 2 midfielders.

I think he’s at a point where he’ll really produce for us as well. Watch the league games back again, he’s playing a much more attacking role than he did last season. Probably more forward passes than last season combined!

£10m is a good figure to be looking at for just about any of our players IMO. I’d trust Wilson and the recruitment team to find a replacement and/or improvement with even 1/3 of that fee.

Pray to god Dundee didn’t manage to sneak a 10% sell on in there when we paid £50k to release him having already signed him on a pre contract.
Why would we have given them 10%? They phoned us to make the deal he signed a pre contract we held all the aces in that deal.

There’s loads here, to be honest in all the games I’ve been to our here there’s only been one quite outlandish show of racism and that was when in the away section at a Spartak Dynamo derby match.

Apparently Zenit and Torpedo Moscow are the worst but in the Zenit games I’ve been to I’ve yet to see or hear any racist chants or banners. And Malcom is very popular right now.

I think like many things about Russia the old tropes about them hating black people and being massive racists are tired and outdated. Suits the western propaganda narrative to spin that tho. Same as the supposed rampaging hooligans beating up all and sundry at the World Cup. Again the only violence I saw was when Dynamo played at Spartak, Russian games are so heavily policed and often the football so boring that there’s not much chance of being caught up in trouble as a normal fan at the stadium.

Russia is far more multicultural and multi-ethnic than most places - especially Scotland - given how big the USSR was and all the constituent peoples moved around it over the years.

Regarding Kamara, we’d have to take £10m if this was to be something more than just paper talk nonsense (and that website linked has a tradition of talking pish). Dynamo Moscow are a team who often play a tidy if boring possession based passing game and Kamara is better than the current defensive midfielders they have on the books at present, so they may well be interested. They are owned by VTB Bank so despite their paltry attendances cash isn’t hard to come to by for them. And with FFP seemingly a busted flush they may well be opening the chequebook now as they are desperate to get back up the pecking order in Russian football after a massive fall from grace in recent years.

That was really interesting mate -- thanks for posting.

Our midfield were woefully off the pace v Leverkusen, Kamara has been a star for us in EL. If Kamara was playing alongside a more dynamic midfielder we wouldn't slaughter him half as much as we do. It's because its him and jack and both are very similar. In my opinion Kamara has significantly more potential than Jack.

£10m with a 20-25% sell of fee as I still think he will go onto be a Premier League player.

Makes no sense to sell him now. We’d need most of that fee to replace him and we need another midfielder as it is. After we win the league and he’s played the Euros someone will pay good money for him.
No we wouldnt, he fits in great in Europe and the continent but we really dont need him and Jack fighting to do the same thing against Scottish teams.

We could replace what he does for us with a few million, to say we would need to spend most ofnhis fee on his replacement is just plainly wrong

Watched him at international level, plays a more progressive game and was excellent, that said 10 m for a player we picked up for peanuts not bad business.

To turn 50k into a 10 million is phenomenal business and very much the model we should be aiming for now.

however imo I would only be letting kamara go if we had a replacement lined up. We already need a midfielder as it is. I like kamara and think he’s very underrated by sections of our support and think we miss him when he’s not playing

his ball retention, ability to win the ball back, reading of the game and intelligence are key attributes for me. And I think he will get better also

not as easy a decision as it looks imo

If even half the clubs quoted are seriously interested, then there‘s a potential bidding war which gives the club a really strong hand. Could we see north of £10m?

No we wouldnt, he fits in great in Europe and the continent but we really dont need him and Jack fighting to do the same thing against Scottish teams.

We could replace what he does for us with a few million, to say we would need to spend most ofnhis fee on his replacement is just plainly wrong

Who we replacing him with for a few million?

Kamara is a very good footballer, no question. However, if our model is to buy cheap and sell high then this is a no brainer in my opinion. Especially if Lille have cooled their interest in Alfie. 50k to £10m would be incredible business.

I dont
Take it and run.

We desperately need to start balancing the books
I don't think the situation is desperate,we have just sold 460000 season tickets over 100000 tops to date and we also have received several millions from our European run plus we have a range of new sponsors.
PLAYER sales are no doubt beneficial but if things were that tight Alfie would have been out the door at 13million.

Who we replacing him with for a few million?
Zungu if the fee reported was correct.

Similar to Itten and Morelos coming in, demanding names for replacements just makes your point worse. Our scouting teams do a great job at unearthing players we have never heard of

They are recyclers of the ball in Scotland in the formation and system we deploy. It isnt a tall ask to find that replacement, especially with someone who is a bit more dynamic and will move into open space ahead of them

Zungu if the fee reported was correct.

Similar to Itten and Morelos coming in, demanding names for replacements just makes your point worse. Our scouting teams do a great job at unearthing players we have never heard of

They are recyclers of the ball in Scotland in the formation and system we deploy. It isnt a tall ask to find that replacement, especially with someone who is a bit more dynamic and will move into open space ahead of them

If Zungu was an improvement on Kamara, he'd have played more games than he has.

Some people want a midfielder to be running around like a headless chicken kicking everything that moves. That isn't just a problem with our fans, it's the Scottish outlook on the game and has held the game here back for years.
Agreed. We think Kamara is slow on the ball and in the tackle when in reality the player most are looking for is about to be sold to Hull as his style isn't suited to us.

Some people want a midfielder to be running around like a headless chicken kicking everything that moves. That isn't just a problem with our fans, it's the Scottish outlook on the game and has held the game here back for years.
Totally agree.

However the blood n snotters dervish style football is where we have floundered upon domestically the last couple seasons. The wear and tear of getting booted up and down the park in awful surfaces has burnt us out at critical phases of each of Gerrard’s seasons

In fact the only time Celtic have deservedly neaten us since 2018 was them applying a similar brutal and blood n snotters approach at Ibrox last season

If Zungu was an improvement on Kamara, he'd have played more games than he has.
We need a different style of midfielder imo so game time isnt a huge factor.

Zungu has played roughly same amount of games for Amiens as Kamara did for Dundee so unsure of the relevancy of your point

Totally agree.

However the blood n snotters dervish style football is where we have floundered upon domestically the last couple seasons. The wear and tear of getting booted up and down the park in awful surfaces has burnt us out at critical phases of each of Gerrard’s seasons

In fact the only time Celtic have deservedly neaten us since 2018 was them applying a similar brutal and blood n snotters approach at Ibrox last season

There is a place for a player like that, even two. But we also need players like Kamara.

It was the same with Edu, he used to get absolutely slaughtered for not being tough enough and flying in to tackles. He won three championships with us and was instrumental in the first one. But some of the stuff I heard said about him was mental.

For Kamara?

Come on. Very good player but more than £10m is crazy talk.
If 2 Russian outfits (whose league is awash with money) then why not see if we could get more? That said, I'd be delighted if we got £10m for him, not that I'm in any hurry to get him out the door either.

We need a different style of midfielder imo so game time isnt a huge factor.

Zungu has played roughly same amount of games for Amiens as Kamara did for Dundee so unsure of the relevancy of your point

The relevance of the point is Zungu is nearly four years older than GK and his credentials suggest he's not an improvement - whether you think he 'passes the ball forward' or not. That's before we mention his injuries.

There were plenty people on here who wanted Doc and Ross McCrorie playing before him ffs.

That's no criticism of Doc or Ross btw, but Kamara is the best central midfielder in the country.

Not only is he the best at retaining possession, his absence on Thursday seriously weakened our ability to do that, but we're now seeing him being far more positive in playing the ball forward and also driving into the box.

We saw that plenty v St Mirren.

Thankfully Gerrard knows his worth.

If selling him would cover the fees of Hagi, Itten and Roofe then it's a no brainer

There were plenty people on here who wanted Doc and Ross McCrorie playing before him ffs.

That's no criticism of Doc or Ross btw, but Kamara is the best central midfielder in the country.

Not only is he the best at retaining possession, his absence on Thursday seriously weakened our ability to do that, but we're now seeing him being far more positive in playing the ball forward and also driving into the box.

We really missed him on Thursday, was surprised to see so little made of that. He's so important to how we play in Europe.

Like Kamara but I’d be selling for anything £8m and above. Think he’s one of the most replaceable first team players.

There's a reason he plays almost every big game for us. Mind his performance when we beat the Scum 2-0 at Ibrox? Strolled it and pissed all over Brown.

There's a reason he plays almost every big game for us. Mind his performance when we beat the Scum 2-0 at Ibrox? Strolled it and pissed all over Brown.

As he did in the LC Final and the piggery last season.

McGregor and Brown couldn't get near him and Jack.

He's definitely being more positive this season too, which was the one thing he lacked from his game previously.

I like Kamara, good player but he is a bit lightweight and can take a bit too much time on the ball.

If someone is offering us 10m for a player we bought for 50k, then we would be made not to accept that. He can be replaced.

As he did in the LC Final and the piggery last season.

McGregor and Brown couldn't get near him and Jack.

He's definitely being more positive this season too, which was the one thing he lacked from his game previously.

Liked seeing him having a shot on Sunday. I know it's not his role but having midfielders taking digs from outside the box changes things up a bit.

Honestly don't think we'd miss him at all tbh. Tidy enough player but doesn't offer enough defensively or going forward.

Talk of £10m is just ridiculous. We laugh at them when they suggest the likes of Ajer or McGregor are £20m+ players. This is no different.

You’re saying that, and I understand that it is a fee that surprises me, but it’s straight from a press article mate.

Don’t think it’s unfair for bears to base comments on that article, given its content.

Honestly don't think we'd miss him at all tbh. Tidy enough player but doesn't offer enough defensively or going forward.

Talk of £10m is just ridiculous. We laugh at them when they suggest the likes of Ajer or McGregor are £20m+ players. This is no different.

Don't you think we missed him ìn Grrmany mate?

When was the last time you saw a Rangers midfield be so loose in possession away from home in Europe?

Don't you think we missed him ìn Grrmany mate?

When was the last time you saw a Rangers midfield be so loose in possession away from home in Europe?
I think we can replace what he gives us in Europe with someone more dynamic in domestic games where I think we lack that drive

Sorry mate but Imm going to have to disagree with you. I like Kamara but i think he slows our play down quite a lot. He also hands silly possession away, you said he’s the best at retaining possession but he can’t pass for nout. He has a nice touch and can beat a player but we need it consistently not every so often. We need a better version of Kamara.

I think we can replace what he gives us in Europe with someone more dynamic in domestic games where I think we lack that drive

I've definitely noticed a difference in him in domestic games so far this season mate.

Was involved in plenty around the St Mirren box on Sunday.

You sorted with a ST yet?

Sorry mate but Imm going to have to disagree with you. I like Kamara but i think he slows our play down quite a lot. He also hands silly possession away, you said he’s the best at retaining possession but he can’t pass for nout. He has a nice touch and can beat a player but we need it consistently not every so often. We need a better version of Kamara.

98% passing success on Sunday and plenty of those passes were around the St Mirren box, including supplying Alfredo for our 1st goal.

I agree he could be guilty of slowing domestic games down at times last season, but there's been a huge improvement in his positivity and tempo this season.

Don't judge him on last season mate.

Back