Glen Kamara

LiviLoyal

In a game today where there weren’t many positives outside of the 3 points, I’d like to note a well done to Glen Kamara.

He’s not played much football with Lundstram and Jack striking up a partnership but he scored a vital goal on Wednesday night and showed real skill to set up the chance for the goal today.

He wasn’t at his absolute best but always felt like he was trying to play through the lines and get us going.

Wasn't that impressed in the first half but he looked a different player in the second half. Much stronger on the ball and just looked more confident to attempt stuff. I'd probably have given Bassey man of the match today, that being said.
Yeah I agree he was better 2nd half. But even 1st half, he slid a great ball through to Kent at one point for example, which I felt was something we were scared to try throughout that half.

Genuinely thought he was poor.

Quite slack in his passing, one incident in the first half the ball broke directly to him and he allowed it to pass by him and we lost possession.

Not that anyone stood out really today but he looks very short on confidence and is capable of so much more than that today.

He does the job asked of him, Can’t say the same for aribo he’s the one that’s supposed to the link between our midfield and attack

Quite slack in his passing, one incident in the first half the ball broke directly to him and he allowed it to pass by him and we lost possession.

Not that anyone stood out really today but he looks very short on confidence and is capable of so much more than that today.

I’m at a loss here how anyone can say he was good today.

He was poor today and one of the main reasons we struggled because he slowed the game and tempo and his passing was awful.

Don't think he suits how we are trying to play, just now. He slows the game down too much when we need far more urgency.

In a better league where more football is played I think he'd actually be of far more use.

Thought he was decent, jack was pretty poor today, very laboured on the ball. Kamara was more positive and thought he had a better game.

he done excellent for the goal, what i expect from him but his passing at times was atrocious.
I agree he made the goal but for me he does not go forward enough and should influence games more,it will be interesting to see how his style pans out in the euro game it's a different style of team we will be playing and it might suit him better.

He’s a cracking player, but he, Jack, Lundstram and Davis are too similar.

We’re desperately crying out for a better quality attacking midfielder.

If only we had someone from one of Europe’s elite leagues :confused:

Thought he was decent, jack was pretty poor today, very laboured on the ball. Kamara was more positive and thought he had a better game.
Jacko was forming triangles and showing for the ball all game!

When we've been "cacking it" in final 20 mins of games with slender lead,
we've desperately needed some play like that. (It engenders confidence)

Really can't make my mind up on Kamara. He's a lovely footballer, of that there's no doubt, but in terms of breaking teams down and what Rangers need etc, I just can't help but think we could have someone way more dynamic in that position.

Then again, he scored the other night and then put in the cross for the goal today. If he can consistently add clinical numbers like that to his game then it's a different story.

Quiet first half I felt, but so did the rest of the team. Second half much better and helped set up the winner.

If we win the league it'll be because celtic are very poor too, nothing positive from Gio for me.

He’s a cracking player, but he, Jack, Lundstram and Davis are too similar.

We’re desperately crying out for a better quality attacking midfielder.

If only we had someone from one of Europe’s elite leagues :confused:
we have been needing that for 4 transfer windows now

that one lies squarely on ross wilson and the board

I'm Kamara biggest fan and feel he was instrumental in getting us back in front of the tramps but I wish to Christ he would just trust himself more. He's a really wirey player who could cause a lot more havoc in and around the box if he'd just take more responsibility. Through ball instead of sideways pass Glen and every now and then have a pop.

My thoughts also.

Capable of sucking the urgency out of a counter attack time after time.
Passing was slack today and I couldn't believe Jack went off yet Kamara stayed on.
Fair play for being involved in the goal but he needs to do more for me.

Or maybe I'm harsh - in which case the likes of Kent and Aribo really need to up their game.

Still thought he looked a shadow of his former self in the first half, much better in the second but still surprised he got MOTM.

For some reason, the second ball always falls to him and only him in or around the box. Despite him being the last person you normally want it falling to there, it probably says something about him that he gets those chances

My thoughts also.

Capable of sucking the urgency out of a counter attack time after time.
Passing was slack today and I couldn't believe Jack went off yet Kamara stayed on.
Fair play for being involved in the goal but he needs to do more for me.

Or maybe I'm harsh - in which case the likes of Kent and Aribo really need to up their game.
Jack looked knackered.

The correct sub was made for me.

Jack is very important though.

I thought he had a decent game without being outstanding. Clearly his part in the goal was, but it was one of the few times he was direct.

In a game today where there weren’t many positives outside of the 3 points, I’d like to note a well done to Glen Kamara.

He’s not played much football with Lundstram and Jack striking up a partnership but he scored a vital goal on Wednesday night and showed real skill to set up the chance for the goal today.

He wasn’t at his absolute best but always felt like he was trying to play through the lines and get us going.
The greater intent in his offensive play since he's come back in has been noticed and has been welcomed.

Has that quality and ability. Just needs to show it.

Hes far too negative on the edge of the opponents box for me.

A professional should have the quality to have a decent shot in them.

He was tidy today and dug hard though.

I like him as he’s a tidy midfielder with a sharp turn and good brain but I totally agree. The amount of times the ball falls to him on the D and he slides it sideways is incredible.

I thought the only player who played well was Bassey, Kamara was just his usual self, in a team devoid of ideas.

I thought he had a fine game today.
He won most of his battles, won the ball well and managed to keep control of the ball in some really tight situations.
If I had a slight criticism it would be his reluctance to trust himself a bit more and have a dig when he's around the 18 yrd line!

He was our MOTM today IMO
His creativity, which was lacking from everyone else, caused the disruption which led to the goal

It was also Kamara that led to the one of the post first half

He's being asked to play a different role under gio which doesn't 100% suit him, but he's trying and adapting and will get better at it

Back