Glen Kamara

I'm Kamara biggest fan and feel he was instrumental in getting us back in front of the tramps but I wish to Christ he would just trust himself more. He's a really wirey player who could cause a lot more havoc in and around the box if he'd just take more responsibility. Through ball instead of sideways pass Glen and every now and then have a pop.
Needs to stop going sideways all the time when a forward pass is on.

I thought he was terrible and hugely frustrating in the first half in particular.

I genuinely don’t understand what has happened to some of our player, Kamala, barisic, and why they have become so negative.

Obviously his bit of class for the goal was very good but I actually think he surprised the defender by making a positive move.

One thing I like about our team is that we don't really get bullied by anyone. Guys like Morelos and Aribo are the obvious ones...never get moved off the ball by anyone, but even guys like Kamara, Tav, Jack etc more often than not win their physical battles against the opponents.

He's a very good footballer.

Not been at his best this season, but I still think of all the players we have he has the overall game that could play at the highest level.

I thought Kamara had a fine second half. Was stopping sheep attacked before they even got out of their own half as we kept them pegged back.

Goldson, Bassey and Tav strolled the match as they offered nothing going forward.

He’s a cracking player, but he, Jack, Lundstram and Davis are too similar.

We’re desperately crying out for a better quality attacking midfielder.

If only we had someone from one of Europe’s elite leagues :confused:
Davis is a top class international player. I wouldn’t be comparing him to the other three

I still think Lundstram is a better option than Kamara in these types of games. Kamara is more suited to games where you are looking to retain possession and slow things down.

Don't think he suits how we are trying to play, just now. He slows the game down too much when we need far more urgency.

In a better league where more football is played I think he'd actually be of far more use.
Agreed. We need greater urgency and pace against sides that sit in.

Really frustrated me in first half when we had a counter attack when Aberdeen only had 1 defender back & he held on to the ball too long instead of playing Morelos in & ended up losing the ball.

Do find I have a love/hate relationship with Kamara. He can be fantastic some games, but is a bit inconsistent & passes responsibility too often.

Kamara was negative and slow in the first half, but much better in the 2nd half, albeit he had one or two chances to shoot from the edge of the box but passed it on instead. He wasn't the only one guilty of that though.

I thought overall he had a fairly decent game, but certainly not Man of the Match.

In my opinion, MOTM should have been awarded to Calvin Bassey, who once again was outstanding. What a player he's turning into by the way.

Hes far too negative on the edge of the opponents box for me.

A professional should have the quality to have a decent shot in them.

But how many of our team are hitting shots from outside the box?
Tav will have a shot and Kent will cut in and try from the edge of the box but Jack, Kamara, Lundstram and everyone else should be shooting more.
There was a game last year and it was said we were lucky because it was 2 deflections but they still count and need to be part of our arsenal. Our shots yesterday were being blasted high and wide.

I thought he was excellent second half and drove the team on, much better than Jack who was miles off it.

Kamara has all the footballing ability in the world, but his decision making is awful at times.

He drives me mad. Yesterday was a perfect example.
He collects the ball, runs toward the player he is going to pass to, and passes it to them, which is completely obvious to the opposition, who then put the player who has received the ball under immediate pressure.

He needs to have a bit more belief in his ability, as he has bags of it. He is like Aribo without the self belief (and even Aribo should have more of that as well).

I think we need a 'head' coach.

I don’t thnk he played well at all,like many others.The Motm should been given to Calvin Bassey.

In a game today where there weren’t many positives outside of the 3 points, I’d like to note a well done to Glen Kamara.

He’s not played much football with Lundstram and Jack striking up a partnership but he scored a vital goal on Wednesday night and showed real skill to set up the chance for the goal today.

He wasn’t at his absolute best but always felt like he was trying to play through the lines and get us going.
Great post.
He is a huge player for us when he is on his game.
I think he has lost a bit of confidence lately.
It may well be that he needs the support to give him that impetus to play to his best.

In a game today where there weren’t many positives outside of the 3 points, I’d like to note a well done to Glen Kamara.

He’s not played much football with Lundstram and Jack striking up a partnership but he scored a vital goal on Wednesday night and showed real skill to set up the chance for the goal today.

He wasn’t at his absolute best but always felt like he was trying to play through the lines and get us going.
Lundstrum and Jack, when fit must start. Kamara superstar status is dulling. That being said great bit of skill to get cross over for goal.

I’m at a loss here how anyone can say he was good today.

He was poor today and one of the main reasons we struggled because he slowed the game and tempo and his passing was awful.
A lightweight and i agree never wants to step forward,takes a touch to much always looking for the back pass or at best side pass very frustrating player to watch.

Seemed to have lost a bit of confidence and self belief when Gerrard left.

The entire squad have been out of sorts since GvB had time to work with them during the winter break.

Back