Going unbeaten is a sideshow. We're had a monumental 55 season!

UBrUYQH.jpg

This please Rangers !
2 trophy days! Now we're talking

I'd rather see more of our squad players and give them as many opportunities as possible. Not being small time, an unbeaten SPFL season would be nice if it happened but I can't say I care either way.
Getting Simpson, Wright bedded in ready to hit the ground running, McLaughlin deserves a crack at either the cup or the league games left. Bassey for extra games before any ban kicks in.
Itten to get a run of games, same with Roofe. Aberdeen start for Defoe!
More young cameos from the bench like King and Dickson

Care more about all of that above, than an unbeaten season that you get zero reward for. Our rotated squad won't lose in our next 5 league games anyway

It will be what it will be! No Rangers fan is going to lose sleep should we lose our unbeaten run as the league title was the prize we all hungered for this season above all else and now it’s been delivered we’ll set our sights on the SC as that would be a nice double to cap off a fantastic campaign.

Various people will be desperate for us to lose a game and grasp at some crumb of comfort in a season of hurt and rage but in the grand scheme of things going unbeaten would be the cherry on top, it’s all about winning trophies and we’ve won the most important one. Nobody is going to wipe the smile away, number 55 is won and Lenny, Liewell and Broon are done!

He already said fringe players will be getting minutes.

Would be great if we go unbeaten but if we don’t it’s not the end of the world.

Can see the narrative being set so transparently now.

Suddenly, because Stevie G says that going unbeaten (I'm not a fan of the word 'Invincibles') is a sideshow, it is being interpreted as actually being vitally important to us.
I'm firmly not in this camp.
  • We had a great run in Europe - beyond our expectations
  • We've had an incredible season, spectacularly clinching 55 and reclaiming our rightful place back at the top as Champions after a horrendous road back from rock bottom
  • We still have the Scottish Cup to play for.
Going unbeaten? I'm not really interested in that. I'd rather see us tactically rest players and give game time to those who are knocking on the door.

But the narrative is being built to enable the mouth-breathers to claim the season wasn't as successful because we didn't go unbeaten. It's nonsense.

Rangers have played fantastic football and we've enjoyed a season beyond my wildest dreams. So now we're in for a long relaxed summer with no pressure as Champions and looking forward to seeing if we can get into the group stages of the Champions League.
Agree that going through the league season unbeaten is a sideshow, but better Rangers teams than this have found that it's difficult to turn the form back on once you let the standards slip.

We need to keep the intensity up so that we are ready for Scottish Cup games.

I don’t really get the ambivalence towards an unbeaten league campaign.

I wonder if it’s in part because the Yahoos have already achieved it so it’s not entirely unique?

Personally I think it would be an incredible achievement and rightfully position this team as one of the greatest in the history of Scottish football. It would also make a mockery of those who claimed the feat under Rodgers would never be repeated.

And they’re terrified of us emulating it for those reasons. The BBC made note in two different articles following the game on Sunday that the draw meant we now can’t beat Celtic’s point tally during their unbeaten season.

Despite Gerrard’s claims, privately I think he and the players will be desperate to end the season unbeaten.

It would be a glorious testament to all connected with the club.
It shouldn't be the be all and end all.
We have players that we need a regular run into in order to base future decisions on.

Eg,
Scott Wright. Looked the part in his cameo performances. Give him a run of 2 or 3 games.
Itten. Never had a sustained run.
Itten: is he a perma sub/ backup player or could he lead the line if say Alfie leaves us. Give the lad a few games in the league.
Zungu, is written off now or would a few games in a row tell us more about him.
Simpson; what tools does he have?. Are we expecting him to push his way in or is he another perma squad player.
The league games give us chances with some players. I wouldn't like to see us give up on those chances just for the sake of an unbeaten league run. Nice to have but ultimately not that important in the grand scheme of things after the prize has been won.

Back