Goldson first pick CB

Basing this on absolutely %^*& all but I just have a bad feeling about the big money centre half signing, call it paranoia, call me a cunť, just feel we have had our fingers burned so many times in recent years with money spent

Thankfully have multiple options in the CB position though anyway. Just have a weird feeling helander could be a nightmare.

Ive had a big weekend though and really am in the doom right now

Think because Helander is a couple of weeks behind the starting partnership will be Goldson and Katic I think . If the two of them start the league well it will be difficult for Helander to get in as SG has stated that if guys are doing the business they will keep the jersey . Rotation will obviously be used in so called easier games or cups but I feel unless someone makes a complete shocker and loses us a point or even three Helander might have to wait a bit

Basing this on absolutely %^*& all but I just have a bad feeling about the big money centre half signing, call it paranoia, call me a cunť, just feel we have had our fingers burned so many times in recent years with money spent

Thankfully have multiple options in the CB position though anyway. Just have a weird feeling helander could be a nightmare.

I think a 6ft 4” Swedish Internationalist with 100 games in Serie A is quite a safe bet to do well in Scotland.

Get a curer.

I would be surprised if Helander and Goldson are not our first picks at CB. Katic as main back up with Edmundson getting an odd game during the season.

I think goldson is first pick with the other 3 to fight it out but see us paying 3 mill for a Swedish International who has done decent in seria a to sit on bench but obv he will need to prove he is worth it and work hard to get in team

Lets just accept that they are all starters.
Each will be used in rotation.
And that unlike last season,
Or the seasons before that,
Regardless of suspension or injury,
We will have a pairing capable of handling
Anything the opposition throws at them.

Poetic! #SoF-ingZen

I love Katic and think he is a good CB who is improving and will get even better as he is still young.

Goldson however is in his prime years and is our best CB (On the basis we haven't seen enough of Helander).

Anybody that can't see that Goldson is our best CB maybe doesn't watch enough football tbh.

Katic will play plenty of games as Goldson won't play as much as he did last year as we have better options now to rotate with Edmundson & Helander coming in.

No need for people to worry about Katic's game time as I think he will maybe play more than he did last year.

So based on 20 minutes of helander you think He has done enough to clearly make the position his?
If the Manager thought he had the answer in Katic and Edmunson he wouldn't have spent this level of money on Helander. Not only will Helander be a starter, he is a future captain.

Last edited:
The other shirt is for Helander, Katic and Edmundson to fight over. Big Connor is the back line leader?

Dam right
All depends on how Helander settles in.
I wouldn't be Goldson's biggest fan tbh, but he's more reliable at this stage than Katic. It's too early to judge the other two yet.

So yes he is ,for the time being.

I don't see us paying £3m for a current Swedish internationalist starter and planting him on the bench.

That's true,but we have no idea if he will be good enough to get a starting berth, last season Gerrard broke up the best CB partnership to add Worrall and we all knew how that turned out.

If the Manager thought he had the answer in Katic and Edmunson he wouldn't have spent this level of money on Helnader. Not only will Helander be a starter, he is a future captain.
Can you not see how making claims like that is a bit silly. I understand the thought process behind him being a starter but calling him a future captain based on nothing is just a bit crazy

I like all 4 in different ways but I think Goldson and Helander will be first choice CB's. We'll be able to rotate them out with Katic/Edumndson to rest them and to give these guys experience and keep them sharp. The number of games Goldson played last year started to tell come the end of the season, hopefully we can avoid that this year.

Can you not see how making claims like that is a bit silly. I understand the thought process behind him being a starter but calling him a future captain based on nothing is just a bit crazy
This ia an interent site that relies on opinions, this is my hunch. I'm not worried about looking silly, neither are others or we wouldn't have thread after thread declaring Katic as the next Beckenbauer :oops:;)

I’ve not seen much of the 2 new guys but reports are very encouraging about both.

Gerrard & his team have got to decide who the first choice Centre Half's are & stick with them unless injury or an easy Scottish Cup tie gives you the opportunity to give the other 2 players a game.

I honestly believe the swapping of Katic & Worrall cost us last season so please don’t mess about this year Stevie.
This is the most important bit. If it's Helander and Goldson they should start every league game if fit and available. Use the back ups to allow them rest between league games for Europe and the cups. Job done.

Helander and Goldson with the other 2 supplementing so that they’re not fucked come March.

Wilson, Kiernan, Martin, Senderos means that this is just a joyous debate to even be having bears.

Now that would be a bit harsh....:D:D:D

Back