Goldson - outstanding tonight

Not sure what you mean. I always back the team and the players but you can’t deny we were exposed in our right back area a few times. It’s not necessary a dig at Tav as you’ve got to expect with him pushing forward.
We were exposed through the middle more tonight.
That’s my main point.
Too many look for the play of certain players to criticise.
This season it’s Goodson and Tavernier with Arfield just behind them.

I’m not getting into this again tonight, but you don’t understand the role of a dominant centre back if you believe that.

He talks the rest of the back four through every single game. Has done since day one. He sets the line, he directs and cajoles everything around him. Sets the line, leads the drop off.

He’s been a terrific signing.

Possibly.

Perhaps I'm not phrasing it well though.

I think he's a very good defender who is also prone to some lapses in concentration.

Tonight looked different, I had confidence in every thing he did. It was the first time I saw a complete, almost Gough-esque performance from Goldson.

But it's really not a night for arguments, surely?

We defended magnificently tonight.

Kinda been overlooked, understandably in view of Alfie's contribution at the other end, but we played the best team we've played in Stevie's time so far and never looked like losing a goal.
(I fully expected that goal-line clearance the way we were defending.)

Possibly.

Perhaps I'm not phrasing it well though.

I think he's a very good defender who is also prone to some lapses in concentration.

Tonight looked different, I had confidence in every thing he did. It was the first time I saw a complete, almost Gough-esque performance from Goldson.

But it's really not a night for arguments, surely?

Agreed. We just beat Porto at Ibrox.

We were exposed through the middle more tonight.
That’s my main point.
Too many look for the play of certain players to criticise.
This season it’s Goodson and Tavernier with Arfield just behind them.

Thought Arfield was great when he came on and I’ve just voted Goldson for MOTM. I’ve never said a bad word about either player.

I thought so as well. Won every high ball tonight. Need him to do it in the Final against that mob as well. My M.O.T.M. tonight.

He was outstanding tonight. As was all of the defence. Apart from one or two moments they never really cut us open at any point.

Both Conor and big Phil were excellent.
Borna gave us some nervy moments early on and Tav made a few errors but both played well enough.

Goldson comes in for a lot of criticism but he's been a brilliant signing.
Not just a very good centre back, but also an organiser and a leader by example.

We've got 4 really good centre backs, there's a reason why the manager picks Goldson for virtually every game.

Goldson was outstanding, Davis was outstanding, Kamara was outstanding however there was only one candidate for MOTM and that was big Buff!

Hats off to the guys at the back,we look solid at the back and when I think of the nightmares we had for defenders how brilliant it is to have four superb CHs,superb clearance by Kamara as well.

He was immense. I find myself moaning about him hoofing the ball at times then have to remind myself that the best in the world do exactly the same thing.

He was terrific. Can’t believe the flack he seems to take on here. Helander very good also. Both positionally excellent, never in danger.

That's him reaching his top ability as a CB and a leader, he was first class last night and has been for a few weeks now, long may it continue.

That's him reaching his top ability as a CB and a leader, he was first class last night and has been for a few weeks now, long may it continue.
I make it 28 games in the Europa League for him so far, with at least 2 more this season, probably more (If he is fit and plays).

Back